Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is unique but it just looks weird and creepy to me, and ruins the likeness. I don't know what it is, but adding that smile just makes it not look like Ledger to me. The new sculpt is a home run though.

Anyway, we all like different stuff, so as long as you guys are happy with it that's all that matters.
It's always great to have options and now we do to be able to satisfy everyone (or at least most :lol). But I totally understand why there was a lot of push back on the initial sculpt as it's not a face we really saw him make in the movie.

Keep in mind Joker is hunched. So he might be inbetween or closer to Prime1.

QS batman, the likeness of the cowl is bad, the head is too narrow so the eyes are too far a part, looks nothing like the movie, and I don't see bale in the cowl at all, Even when considering that he's looking down, still doesn't look right.
The Bale portrait is good, if you just want to display that.

View attachment 529762
Agreed! I'm not even one of those who knows all the in and outs when it comes to the accuracy of the cowl, but I feel like I at least know what Bale looks like and the QS masked sculpt doesn't have Bale in there IMO. The P1 isn't great either but I think it's a little closer. If these were 3d computer sculpts rather than hand sculpted, I don't see why it wouldn't just make more sense to take the mouth from the unmasked head and put that into the masked headsculpt.

Keep in mind Joker is hunched. So he might be inbetween or closer to Prime1.

QS batman, the likeness of the cowl is bad, the head is too narrow so the eyes are too far a part, looks nothing like the movie, and I don't see bale in the cowl at all, Even when considering that he's looking down, still doesn't look right.
The Bale portrait is good, if you just want to display that.

REAL photo looking down
Respectfully disagree. While the QS Batman likeness isn't perfect, Prime 1 is infinitely worse. The mouth area looks nothing like Bale. You can ask the guy who's photo you keep sharing what he thinks (Robert Chen) and he will tell you himself that the likeness is better on the QS sculpt, and he owns both of them. I mean, to say it looks nothing like the movie is a bit ridiculous. You can clearly tell what it is...lol. Even if it's 80% there, it's still there.

As for the cowl itself, it's virtually the same as the Prime 1, it's just smaller overall. The photo comparison clearly shows this. Ironically, it looks even more obvious when you compare it to the real photo like you did, which isn't even the same angle (real photo is looking down, photos of the statue you shared are looking straight), even though you were trying to show the difference. So while overall I think the actual cowl itself is better on the Prime 1 due to the added bulk, the mouth area on that looks terrible and ruins it for me. I think what throws the QS off is that the mouth is a bit too big, which makes the cowl look smaller. The overall cowl needs to be a bit bulkier overall too, both in height and width.

I measured the distance of the eyes on both the masked and unmasked sculpt and they are virtually the same, give or take 1-2mm. I agree that they do look a little far apart but they aren't. I think it's just an illusion. I would have liked to have seen them more squinty, they are a bit big.

End of the day, we all see things differently, so I won't argue. I mean, there are people who apparently don't see Bale in the unmasked head either, lol. Personally, while I don't think the cowl sculpt is perfect, I think it's the closest anyone has gotten overall in collectible form, apart from customs.

It's always great to have options and now we do to be able to satisfy everyone (or at least most :lol). But I totally understand why there was a lot of push back on the initial sculpt as it's not a face we really saw him make in the movie.

Agreed! I'm not even one of those who knows all the in and outs when it comes to the accuracy of the cowl, but I feel like I at least know what Bale looks like and the QS masked sculpt doesn't have Bale in there IMO. The P1 isn't great either but I think it's a little closer. If these were 3d computer sculpts rather than hand sculpted, I don't see why it wouldn't just make more sense to take the mouth from the unmasked head and put that into the masked headsculpt.
Having the sculpts in hand, I do kind of agree with you in regards to why they didn't just take the mouth from the unmasked head, but for different reasons. They actually look almost identical in terms of shape, so I think they did. where they went wrong however, is that the mouth on the cowl sculpt is oversized, so it tends to look a bit weird in the cowl, but if I did a half/half comparison with the unmasked mouth and joined them together they would indeed line up.

The mouth on the Prime 1 to me looks nothing like Bale. Looks closer to George Clooney. It's why I never went for that piece.

Everyone has their own idea of what a person's likeness should look like though, so it's subjective. End of the day, if you want a Batman these are your options, so just buy what you like really.

In terms of accuracy, The problem with the initial sculpt is that his smile/grin shows bottom teeth. Look up photos of heath ledger smiling, there are no bottom teeth, not at all.
4316D080-B016-473F-8F32-017E796F7605.jpeg

D8AAC4F5-D04B-412C-A1F8-C63FE1BF62F8.png

And YES it matters, everyone's smile is different depending on their bite and facial structure, that's why the sculpt looks creepy, It is nice to have a unique creepy sculpt like the grinning one. HOWEVER, when you are going for the ultimate Ledger statue, you should go for accuracy. Fortunately the new sculpt looks on point, and should have been the default one.

Something odd happened…

I went to the Blitzway website and I got this pop up saying my order was cancelled

33A01BBA-03B4-4595-A513-D03C3F1DA4BE.png

I went into private mode and the same thing happens.

I checked my credit card and I wasn’t refunded the deposits and my order isn’t cancelled on the prime 1 site.

4AD709A3-6879-4930-8520-092E08A34580.jpeg

I contacted prime 1 support so we will see.

anyone else seeing this?

In terms of accuracy, The problem with the initial sculpt is that his smile/grin shows bottom teeth. Look up photos of heath ledger smiling, there are no bottom teeth, not at all.
View attachment 529829
View attachment 529830
And YES it matters, everyone's smile is different depending on their bite and facial structure, that's why the sculpt looks creepy, It is nice to have a unique creepy sculpt like the grinning one. HOWEVER, when you are going for the ultimate Ledger statue, you should go for accuracy. Fortunately the new sculpt looks on point, and should have been the default one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210701-185226_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210701-185226_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 52
That's a still of him in the middle of speaking. Aggressive

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on this and extra bust at BBTS prior to it being sold out. I really hope Prime 1 Studios production pieces turn out lol

Pulled the trigger on this and extra bust at BBTS prior to it being sold out. I really hope Prime 1 Studios production pieces turn out lol
Congrats! So long as the QC holds up, this is going to be one hell of a Ledger Joker statue.

Back