Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the JND Ledger is 100% scene accurate, but it’s up to you if you like that. Personally, the “hit me” scene is one of my favorites and I think that alongside the new 1/4 QS artist edition are the two best Ledgers we have ever gotten. However, I’m sure there are people who will like the P1 and good for them if they do. It’s a good thing we have so many options!

Exactly

Just put in a pre-order for this thing with a local seller. :panic::panic:

I had said in the Prime 1 Batcave Batman thread that that piece was the most expensive collectible I've ever put an order in for. Days later that gets topped. :lol

Prime 1 is going to be the end of me isn't it?

Just put in a pre-order for this thing with a local seller. :panic::panic:

I had said in the Prime 1 Batcave Batman thread that that piece was the most expensive collectible I've ever put an order in for. Days later that gets topped. :lol

Congrats! It's an awesome looking statue. I just purchased the P1 1/3 Fabok Batman today. The only 2 items that I have on PO are with P1 (this Joker & the Fabok Bats). P1 has gotten some serious cash from me recently.

I had said in the Prime 1 Batcave Batman thread that that piece was the most expensive collectible I've ever put an order in for. Days later that gets topped. [emoji38]

Almost the same here. P1 batcave Batman is my #1 Batman statue but i caved and PO'd the Fabok Batman also. So... I have the P1 Batcave Batman, P1 Fabok Batman and JND Studios TDK Joker on order. Im just waiting for the wife to say something [emoji102].

I'm debating whether to order from SpecFic or directly from Prime 1. I think the shipping costs are high right now thru Prime 1 but before the pandemic, their economy shipping was always really well priced, usually around $100-120 for their 1/3 scales. I guess SpecFic is the more sure thing since it's $1650 flat. I never understand why people would order Prime 1 statues via Sideshow especially now after they added the sales tax a year or two ago. There are so many other places that don't charge the sales tax and have reward points as well. Is it for the customer service? Maybe they already have a lot of reward points to use? Just seems strange when they could save a lot more with so many other options.

I'm debating whether to order from SpecFic or directly from Prime 1. I think the shipping costs are high right now thru Prime 1 but before the pandemic, their economy shipping was always really well priced, usually around $100-120 for their 1/3 scales. I guess SpecFic is the more sure thing since it's $1650 flat. I never understand why people would order Prime 1 statues via Sideshow especially now after they added the sales tax a year or two ago. There are so many other places that don't charge the sales tax and have reward points as well. Is it for the customer service? Maybe they already have a lot of reward points to use? Just seems strange when they could save a lot more with so many other options.

Sideshow spend a ton on marketing compared to others, there more well known.

Sideshow spend a ton on marketing compared to others, there more well known.

Not only that, it also has a superior service than any other site (statues / figures) in the world, in my humble opinion.
Ships Today, very efficient customer service, much more willing to give back the Non refundable deposits than other sites, excellent flex payment system, excellent order management and international shipments (I live in Italy and I receive the box in 2/3 days working from shipping), excellent rewords and promo code system, a very simple and clear site and many other things that I now surely forget,
I am a 20 year old Italian collector and Sideshow is my first choice.

Looks like Spec Fiction still has the bonus version for sale at $1650. That price includes free shipping in the US.
Thanks. Yeah, bbts does as well. Was looking at using my points at SS since they expire at the end of the year.

I'm in California so I'll get hit with tax at all 3 vendors. Since SS is out, I think there's another vendor that doesn't charge CA tax, but I can't recall the name.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, bbts does as well. Was looking at using my points at SS since they expire at the end of the year.

I'm in California so I'll get hit with tax at all 3 vendors. Since SS is out, I think there's another vendor that doesn't charge CA tax, but I can't recall the name.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OK, that makes sense. Rewards points certainly help with the price and there's definitely no use to holding on to them now.

Unless you have rewards points to use, I'd order from Spec Fiction, BBTS, or another online retailer. Shipping costs are completely out of control. Especially international shipping. I ordered from a online retailer in Michigan. Since my in-laws live close to his store (and about an hour from me), I'm fortunate enough to be able to pick this up and avoid shipping charges. This came out to $1350 out the door and that includes taxes. Deals are out there but they aren't easy to find. Good luck to you and everyone else trying to score one for a reasonable price. This statue looks so damn good, it's worth the hunt.

cool, thanks. I think I'm leaning toward SpecFiction as well because Todd has great communication and I haven't had any issues yet from my few orders with them so far. And with their new reward points system, it's an added bonus.

Is the sales tax from Sideshow based on their state of California or your own state? That may play a factor as well. For myself, the reward points doesn't cover the sales tax at all, and on top of the higher shipping costs coast-to-coast, it doesn't make it worth it at all. I've heard the customer service from SpecFic and a few other sites are pretty good as well, and I guess that's based on luck that the item you receive has issues. I've been fortunate enough that it isn't quite often, but when it did, Sideshow did help replace the item, but so did Prime 1 (albeit a little longer for replies), no issues with other companies yet (knock on wood). Also, SpecFic and AEC have their own reward points system and when they ship for less and don't charge a sales tax, you end up paying less from the start to begin with so the reward points feel like they're actually earned instead of being used to lower tax or shipping costs. I try to only order exclusives that only Sideshow carries from them, but everything for me costs less elsewhere. I was interested in a smaller item recently, and I saw that it would have $30-40+ in tax and shipping through Sideshow compared to BBTS with maybe $15-$20 since their shipping is a flat $4 and that persuaded me to purchase from the latter or look elsewhere. A Hot Toys from Sideshow maybe cost maybe $40-50 extra with tax and their shipping but I save all that thru AEC with no tax and free shipping on most orders, and while some have calculated shipping now, it is still less to my location. The math for me turned out to be much less, but I imagine it may be better for those who live closer to California? Either way, I encourage others to do the math first to see what is most worth it, I feel like too many people just dive towards Sideshow because, like K1LLJOY said, they do a lot of marketing and offer away incentive free points. I think a lot of these smaller businesses deserve some support and in some cases, may save you more money in the long run as well, just be open to other options and don't get trapped in the Sideshow cycle.

yeah, I have a lot of reward points saved up over years but once I unload them, I think I'll strictly purchase exclusives from them onward. Aside from saving a lot more, I'm not too much a fan of their practices of censorship of anything non-Sideshow or sold by them, especially when you just want to inform others that they are not the only option, and not always the best option. Seems a little shady too me. Their free reward points and customer service are great, don't get me wrong, but I feel like they're trying to keep people in the dark about other cost-saving retailers by making it seem like they are the only go-to. I'm glad there are others who are aware of other places of purchase, especially international buyers who are turning locally. I just wish we could spread the message.

I checked that the bonus version of the Joker on Sideshow was $1590. If tax was say 7.25% California tax, that's already $115 on top of what shipping would be which will probably be around the same price if not much more given how large the base is. 5% rewards will get you just under $80 back, so let's say shipping and taxes will amount to about $150+ if shipping was also $115, that's already more than SpecFic's $1650 which gives you reward points (I forget the %) for that amount that don't expire I don't think, so I guess it would be a gamble that comes down to the customer service between the two. I think Prime 1's total is around the same, just slightly less, but the pandemic shipping costs now would probably increase it a lot more.

I'm curious if anyone has purchased from any other retailers where the price may be better? I think it's good to know all options to see what works best for each person.

In my opinion, if you can definitely try to order from a local comic book shop or retailer. A lot of them could probably order in anything for you too as long as Sideshow is getting it. It's a great way to save on shipping costs, and potential import fees if you were thinking of ordering from Prime 1 directly.

An LCS or retailer in my country always works out as or more expensive than ordering direct, I always go with sideshow if I can, as I don't have to wait and it's the same price or cheaper even with customs fees

Prime 1 shipping now is crazy though

In my opinion, if you can definitely try to order from a local comic book shop or retailer. A lot of them could probably order in anything for you too as long as Sideshow is getting it. It's a great way to save on shipping costs, and potential import fees if you were thinking of ordering from Prime 1 directly.

My US vendor (I'm in California) that normally deals with SS was informed that he won't get replacement parts for Prime 1 issues. I've been his customer for probably 10 years now buying Hot Toys, SS, and Prime 1. The last two Prime 1 pieces (DKIII Batman and Bermejo Joker) both had issues. Bought them from SS because of what my vendor told me. I trust the guy and I don't trust Prime 1's quality anymore. I save a lot through my normal vendor, but it's not worth the risk. SS still at least replaces crap when it comes up.

Back