Statue Prime 1 Studio: Jurassic Park - Rotunda T-Rex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one fits inside a DF moducase so I'm interested. I kinda wish they left the scratches off. I do like the less busy look of just the T-Rex.

Makes me think to the Iron Studios’s one in an equivalent scale.

But even if this last got multiple characters, don’t know the Prime 1 looks so amazing and the pose is just perfect IMO.

Last edited:
They releasing a Spino in the PVC line which is 24cm and costs £120.
I had to cancel the P1 Spino as I also wanted the Alien BIg Chap but 24cm for £120 is a bit much!

I took the measurements from Prime 1 and Sideshow websites and did a size comparison of some T-Rexes and adjusted a bit cause some looked smaller or bigger than they should be. It is not 100% accurate but it gives you a pretty good idea :)

Although P1 says "non Scale" for the new Rotunda, it looks like he is slightly bigger than 1/20 Iron Studios "Final Scene", which makes it about 1/18 scale....

Attachments

• Sizes dinos.jpg
    Sizes dinos.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 84
Pre-ordered this new T-Rex Rotunda.

it was a hard decision because of the price. It’s gonna be my most expensive statue/prop/figure ever.
The first big rotunda T-Rex and Raptors was completely out of budget and space.
this new is a formidable opportunity to get one of the ultimate and iconic JP statue IMO.
The size is perfect. Not too big and not too small.
It’s undoubtedly a little bit overpriced like the big one but cannot resist as JP is one of my favorite movies.
It’s scheduled for Q3 2023… plenty time to save and reorganize my collection.

in the same time i’ve PO with a feeling of guilt. Order such an expensive and futile item when my Ukrainians neighbors are under bombs and loosing everything…
Here in Europe (I’m in France) we already begin to feel the effects of the first economical sanctions we try to inflict to Russia.
The price of gasoline increases by ten cents each week and that of a ton of wheat has quadrupled in the last three weeks
I think we will experience very complicated months and years in the next decade.
If it’s gonna be my last « big piece » I wanted to leave the hobby with panache…
Don’t know where we’ll be in Q3 2023…

Ok lol you know what? I’ve canceled today my PO…
Got the opportunity a few days ago to have in hand their 1/38 T-Rex and it’s a total disaster.
Seriously it’s just awful. My Alpha from Nanmu which is half the price is ten times better.
And saw a few reviews of their 1/8 rotunda that begins to arrive here in Europe.
It’s a nice piece but does absolutely not worth the price asked.
The paint has nothing in common with the proto, it’s too bright and got plastic feels on some parts.
And as this new will be smaller and cheaper, I have no hope that the paint could be better.

so throw 1200€ ( the price asked here) to have something cool but quite sure won’t reach my expectations is impossible.

Ok lol you know what? I’ve canceled today my PO…
Got the opportunity a few days ago to have in hand their 1/38 T-Rex and it’s a total disaster.
Seriously it’s just awful. My Alpha from Nanmu which is half the price is ten times better.
And saw a few reviews of their 1/8 rotunda that begins to arrive here in Europe.
It’s a nice piece but does absolutely not worth the price asked.
The paint has nothing in common with the proto, it’s too bright and got plastic feels on some parts.
And as this new will be smaller and cheaper, I have no hope that the paint could be better.

so throw 1200€ ( the price asked here) to have something cool but quite sure won’t reach my expectations is impossible.
1/38 line has nothing to do with their statues. It would be made by a completely different factory. From what I have seen the 1/8 looks good, not sure what you are seeing.

Maybe you’re right about the 1/38 line.
But I also saw some people that said the 1/8 is nice but not worth the price asked.
Maybe it’s the light but when I see this:

I’m a little scared about the little model which without a doubt will not benefit of a better paint job.
Let’s face the truth, even a 90$ Nanmu is better painted.

I mean yeah it’s a nice statue, the big one benefits of the « whow factor » due to the size that the small certainty won’t get.

You can answer me that I could have wait the reveal of the final product.
Yes that’s true. But waiting almost two years for something that will probably not delight me completely is a pain.

took the decision to cancel, get back a part of my deposit and move on.
But don’t get me wrong, I sincerely hope it will turn good for people who PO it.

Finally, the major issue is the price asked. Still convinced that it is overpriced.
Like everything in this hobby nowadays.

Last edited:
Where are you seeing these bad reviews? Post a link. Of course people will say it's not worth the money. Stupid Facebook trolls will tell you they would only pay $50 for it.

Also, those pics you posted are a blurry oversaturated mess, can't tell anything from that.

Don’t get me wrong. As said before it’s a nice statue overall but a little bit disappointed how it turned for the price asked.

here a review where they say it’s clearly overpriced.

It’s in French but you can subtitle it.

Never wanted to create polemic. Maybe the little rotunda will be a total win and I’ll be wrong.
;)

Last edited:
Back