Statue Prime 1 Studio: Jurassic Park - Rotunda T-Rex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g0ViV8o.gif

Does anyone know what is going on between Chronicles and Prime 1? I just saw P1 has already put up the pre-order for I-Rex but no sign on Chronicles. It's been the 4th Prime 1 statue that Chronicles didn't put up -- Velociraptor closed mouth, Velociraptor open mouth, Rexy vs. Raptors Rotunda and now Indo Raptor. Is Chronicles going to list them eventually or has their contract expired or something? Any other ways for North American residents to get these things if Chronicles stops distributing them?

I ended up just getting my Blue directly off of P1's website since I could not figure out what is going on with CC and didnt want to wait. Ended up costing about 75 more to use a 3rd party shipper but was happy because i ended up getting #2 out of the production which was a nice surprise. I've had it since late June as well so I've had time to admire it for a while now.

I'd say the Chronicle one just edges past in terms of accuracy. Looks like Prime 1 used the more recent Universal/Jurassic World renders of the Rex which isn't akin to the original.

Obviously value wise it's a no-brianer.

I'd say actually it's the other way around. Prime 1 Rex looks identical to Stan Winston's rex animatronic and was sculpted by Julien Romeo so that would make sense.
Chronicle's version looks more like the JW rex, even has the fatter tongue.
Prime 1 version is far superior in my opinion.

Yeah this will have to be me for a JP piece. Held out so long for a better version of Sideshows take on this scene.

Unless that new one is a much smaller(or includes a real leather jacket), they are going to get a lot of complaints from collectors who already ordered the 1st one.

I might be interested in the new one depending on size and price. I would prefer the less busy look with this.

$900. 12 kg. No mention of scale on the website, but since the previous version was 1/8, this looks to be closer in scale to their very first Rex statue. Hope it sports the better paint app and translucent teeth effects of the original Rotunda statue, though.

lmcjp-08_a04-01.jpg

lmcjp-08_a04-02.jpg

This is amazing! i hope the lost world it is in this scale and future releases in this scale for the lost world or jurassic park iii!

Back