Prime 1 - Ripley (Aliens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She’s good enough for me. We may never get another chance of another Ripley statue. This is the one.

But what really are the chances of them making another one after this in 1/3 scale?

They did the same thing with the jungle hunter.

But what really are the chances of them making another one after this in 1/3 scale?

They did the same thing with the jungle hunter.
True. But getting licensing from an actual person’s likeness, in this case, Sigourney Weaver, is much harder than an owned fictional character like an Alien. No movie studio “owns” Sigourney Weaver. It would be up to her. It all depends if the money is good enough for her troubles. That’s why Micheal Keaton‘s likeness in the Batman 89 line finally came to fruition, but it took a long time dealing with him. Sometimes celebrities do not want to overexpose themselves to certain products, especially established and respected actors such as Sigourney. Also, I don’t have room for anymore 1/3s, as my mancave is really small. This 1/4 Ripley will fit next to my desktop, a 1/3 would not. I only have one more spot for something huge, so I had to decide between the Queen Studios Alien Bust and the 1/3 Jungle Hunter. I chose the Alien Bust. I’m more of an Alien fan than Predator, plus I already have the P1 Jungle Hunter and City Hunter 1/4s. Also, the 1/3 JH has an edition of 1800. The Alien bust only 199. It was a no brainer for me.

Last edited:
True. But getting licensing from an actual person’s likeness, in this case, Sigourney Weaver, is much harder than an owned fictional character like an Alien. No movie studio “owns” Sigourney Weaver. It would be up to her. It all depends if the money is good enough for her troubles. That’s why Micheal Keaton‘s likeness in the Batman 89 line finally came to fruition, but it took a long time dealing with him. Sometimes celebrities do not want to overexpose themselves to certain products, especially established and respected actors such as Sigourney. Also, I don’t have room for anymore 1/3s, as my mancave is really small. This 1/4 Ripley will fit next to my desktop, a 1/3 would not. I only have one more spot for something huge, so I had to decide between the Queen Studios Alien Bust and the 1/3 Jungle Hunter. I chose the Alien Bust. I’m more of an Alien fan than Predator, plus I already have the P1 Jungle Hunter and City Hunter 1/4s. Also, the 1/3 JH has an edition of 1800. The Alien bust only 199. It was a no brainer for me.

Yep, you're right. Will be great as a stand alone or hopefully we something else coming out of this movie in the same scale.

I'm gonna order it.

The P1 Sigourney would display perfectly with the old school Sideshow Alien Queen, facing off…unfortunately I don’t have that one

Attachments

• ED61F8E2-9E54-4499-AB10-D1B0C42F24E0.jpeg
    ED61F8E2-9E54-4499-AB10-D1B0C42F24E0.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
Sure!! But i don’t have the 1/4 queen..haha…ripley will be here around christmas…but not this year…why it takes so long???

I think this looks great. I ordered immediately, even though it didn't look 'enough' like Weaver. But, I'm not sure if we'll get another Ripley, so I crossed fingers and hoped. Looks like that hope may well pay off.

The likeness is close enough for me. I pre-ordered her too, no way am I missing out in fear of there not being another Ripley made. Plus, it's an iconic Sci-fi character, great value for money and 1/4 which doesn't take up much too space.

That's 1/3 I believe..
It’s non-scale. Time Lord is correct. It’s not a true 1/3. The Big Chap is way bigger. But you are right too. I think it’s between scales. I still think Ripley would display nicely next to the Warrior. Yeah, she will be undersized, but I think both would look good together. The issue is with the Warrior’s huge base. Glad they reduced the size though. You know, I just moved some pieces in my collection. I moved the Big Chap, and its heavy as heck. I moved the Dog Alien, and it was light as a feather in comparison, lol.

Last edited:
Back