Prime 1 - Ripley (Aliens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK.....you guys must be seeing something I'm not. Because this.....is not good.
IMG_2469.JPG

Well burtial, for me is very well done:) sigourney weaver is unique but this figure looks like more than a decent representation of her in Aliens.

If prime 1 wants to improve the figure, they are very welcome but for me at this point, it is very nice like this. I’m sure that at home eith a better ilumination, she will look AWESOME.

She's not perfect, but she's easily the best mass-produced Ripley sculpt out there. I get enough "hey, it's Ripley" neuron activation looking at this sculpt than Hot Toys. Another important factor is how well the character's personality comes through. One of Hot Toys' early prototypes had that great determined/concerned look, but they gave the final product the same dead, doe-eyed expression they gave all of their female figures at the time.

In a nutshell, Prime 1 got close enough technically and managed to get the rest of the way there with the expression. The remaining issue for me is that she looks a little young, maybe a tad idealized, but let's be honest, that's not the worst problem a statue can have.

I think it looks like Ripley. The issue is it looks like a much younger version of the character, IMO. Looks younger than she was in Alien, that's for sure.

I would say it's 80-85%, they really should have sorted the sculpt out instead of improving the paint only on the proto. I may still get it down the line, given the lack of alternatives.

She was 29 when Alien was released, 36 when Aliens was released...I can see why she looks younger considering the character was in hypersleep directly after Alien, and the events on the colony were weeks / months (?) after she awoke...maybe Ripley just got more wrinkly in her cryotube!
I like the statue, seriously considering getting it if I can wrangle the funds together.

Maybe they went 1/4 scale because they didn’t know how well the character would sell so they went 1/4 as a test run and get some feelers out there. Idk.

Back