Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have reserved a P2 bust already if they offered the darn thing in a masked variant. I don't get it. They pull out all the stops to create a souped-up $5K P2 package, but release only one portrait as a bust. I thought they were trying to max out profits with these. Or is it because the full statue didn't get enough orders so it makes less sense to manufacture additional heads?
Yeah snap, I have absolutely no interest in buying their overpriced P2 statue as it. But the bust is something I would definitely consider. I like the P2 masked however so I'd want that option. I think the perfect option would be for them to offer a set, the current bust as is, with the masked head also included on one of the simple stands. I'd happily buy that.... Or they could always improve their P2 statue and price it more inline with the Jungle Hunter which has an infinitely more detailed base. Then I might consider coughing up the money for that also.

I like the closed mouth bust, but I REALLY want P1 to stop price gouging. It will never stop at this rate, so decided a while back to skip the bust. I'm happy for those who will get the complete "shabang" though, and can't wait to see your pix.

I was amoung those who were very vocal against the crazy pricing too, so I basically have to die on this hill.
Seriously fighting the urge to buy at least the standard P2 though. :chase

Your integrity is to be commended, I'm generally pretty good with these things. Ii this case Prime 1's devious plans worked, but only becuse this is going to be my centerpiece and I'd already thrown 5k at it, such tactics will not work on anything else and I am most definitely annoyed with them so it's a short term victory. Good on you though.

We forgive you Python. Buying overpriced things we don't need is the only way if we want to pull away from the recession. I really do hope this thing resembles the prototype too much $$$ in the cards...

We forgive you Python. Buying overpriced things we don't need is the only way if we want to pull away from the recession. I really do hope this thing resembles the prototype too much $$$ in the cards...

So do I! Although I'll be $6k+ richer if it doesn't, because I will be cancelling if it doesn't absolutely blow me away....

Now that their P2 won't be heading my way I may bite on the Bust.
If the JH arrives as hoped, awesome, I'll be after it.

Did you order direct Matt? Can't believe I'm saying this but $150 shipping suddenly seems reasonable 😳

Now that their P2 won't be heading my way I may bite on the Bust.
If the JH arrives as hoped, awesome, I'll be after it.

Did you order direct Matt? Can't believe I'm saying this but $150 shipping suddenly seems reasonable 😳

Crazy isn't it, I miss the days of Sideshows $30-$40 shipping rates. I ordered both the statue and bust direct yeah. Shipping on the bust was $150, the statue was $1100! Although bare in mind that unlike Sideshow, Prime 1 do change their shipping costs when the time comes so these may go up or down.

What are the odds this does turn out less than stellar? If this doesn’t turn out to be at least 90% of the prototype, then what a massive **** storm P1 will have on their hands. Their reputation is on the line with this release. A lot of collectors (myself included) will have a hard time ever trusting them again.

I currently have this on order though secret compass but will gladly eat the $300 deposit if it’s not up to par.

Yeah snap, I have absolutely no interest in buying their overpriced P2 statue as it. But the bust is something I would definitely consider. I like the P2 masked however so I'd want that option. I think the perfect option would be for them to offer a set, the current bust as is, with the masked head also included on one of the simple stands. I'd happily buy that.... Or they could always improve their P2 statue and price it more inline with the Jungle Hunter which has an infinitely more detailed base. Then I might consider coughing up the money for that also.

Your integrity is to be commended, I'm generally pretty good with these things. Ii this case Prime 1's devious plans worked, but only becuse this is going to be my centerpiece and I'd already thrown 5k at it, such tactics will not work on anything else and I am most definitely annoyed with them so it's a short term victory. Good on you though.
Well, thanks. It's not easy, but I do plan to live vicariously through you. The way I justify the P2 statue is by waiting to see how the P1 turns out, and using points aquired to take the sting out of the cost of the P2. I believe that the two would look excellent as "bookends" to the collection. We'll see. Exciting times for Predator fans for sure.

So I admit I'm a complete d**k, I ordered the incredibly overpriced little closed mouth bust for the 1/3 that I've complained about the price of so much
Completely understandable. I still refuse to buy one but can see it being the missing piece esp if this turns out grail level. It's a killer portrait and you get the bonus medkit as well.

Completely understandable. I still refuse to buy one but can see it being the missing piece esp if this turns out grail level. It's a killer portrait and you get the bonus medkit as well.

You're definitely doing the right thing. Prime 1's tactics are incredible unsubtle and I don't intend to make a habit of supporting them.

The full ES numbers have been released for this....

999 DX Bonus
500 DX
300 Regular

More interestingly (And hilariously) However, the long sold out and waitlisted closed mouth bust has had it's 1500 ES cut down to 500.

image.png

Reason I ask is that everyone lists it as Q4 ‘22…understood they are almost always late.

Yeah dude, Q4 2022 is never going to happen. I even think Q2 2023 is a stretch. This piece went up last summer. Ive been thinking a piece this big and detailed is going to be a 2 year wait at least. For those that ordered through Secret Compass, i think they will get it in mid-early 2024 in hand.

Yeah dude, Q4 2022 is never going to happen. I even think Q2 2023 is a stretch. This piece went up last summer. Ive been thinking a piece this big and detailed is going to be a 2 year wait at least. For those that ordered through Secret Compass, i think they will get it in mid-early 2024 in hand.

Whilst you're probably correct, Prime 1 set these dates. You'd think they would take all aspects into account before doing so. At least when it's delayed, anybody who wishes to do so can cancel for a full refund. I think I will, but I will probably re-order via secret compass. I'm happy to wait even longer if it means saving a decent chunk of money.

Whilst you're probably correct, Prime 1 set these dates. You'd think they would take all aspects into account before doing so. At least when it's delayed, anybody who wishes to do so can cancel for a full refund. I think I will, but I will probably re-order via secret compass. I'm happy to wait even longer if it means saving a decent chunk of money.

Wise idea my friend (well - the refund bit anyways) :wink1: :)

Back