Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm debating cancelling but I doubt I'll get my deposit back. Guess I'll just wait to see what the final product looks like. If it is brown like the last one, I'm definitely not going to buy one.

Guys is there anyone knows the exact measurements of of the base? I know the P1 website states how wide and deep the statue is but it is not clear to me that they are talking about the base or the base with the plants?

The plants are overextending the base. I wanna get a table made for it that is why the exact measurement is important.

I'm debating cancelling but I doubt I'll get my deposit back. Guess I'll just wait to see what the final product looks like. If it is brown like the last one, I'm definitely not going to buy one.

Maybe hold out, even if you decide that you definitely do want to cancel. If they alter the shipping price, or if the statue is delayed, you can cancel for a full refund including your NRD. And both of those scenarios seem likely on this one. Plus that way we'll likely have seen early in hand pictures by that point which might help your decision. I'm basically in this position. Mine is paid off apart from shipping, if it isn't absolutely mind blowing, I'll cancel it and move on from Prime 1. I love some of their stuff, but they're a hard company to like lately. I still hope this is awesome though... It will be the centrepiece of my collection if it is.

Maybe hold out, even if you decide that you definitely do want to cancel. If they alter the shipping price, or if the statue is delayed, you can cancel for a full refund including your NRD. And both of those scenarios seem likely on this one. Plus that way we'll likely have seen early in hand pictures by that point which might help your decision. I'm basically in this position. Mine is paid off apart from shipping, if it isn't absolutely mind blowing, I'll cancel it and move on from Prime 1. I love some of their stuff, but they're a hard company to like lately. I still hope this is awesome though... It will be the centrepiece of my collection if it is.

IMO . . . THIS :lecture (not that I have any skin in this game since I haven't ordered).

Unless it's weighing on your mind and you just want to "get rid" (per @JAWS) - it's worth waiting so you don't lose the pennies.

Like Matt (@Python), I hope it turns out great for everyone, but between PRIME1's business model, their idea of "customer service", shipping fees, exchange rates and import taxes & duties - I'm surprised anyone is still ordering from this mob. I wouldn't trust PRIME1 to tie my shoes (they'd probably add decals :naughty ).

Big Chap has decals and turned out to be the best mass-produced Alien collectible I've ever seen. Looking at it and the Samurai Predator, it's also clear Prime 1 is capable of using decals with softer "airbrush-y" edges.

Problem is so many things can go wrong when ordering with this company. If it's not the paint, it's the lack of sealer. If it's not that, it's the packaging. If it's none of those, it's unstable bases and the potential for a reissue. You never know what aspect they'll drop the ball on, better hope it's not something super important to you. And if it is, that you didn't order direct.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=6043805&postcount=43
The detail and depth isn't amazing, but the decals themselves are nicer than what we've seen on their production Predators so far. Unfortunately they used the hard-edged decals on the hands, which is quite jarring.

Thanks bud - yeah - now I've remembered - that's the 1 "in-hand" I saw before (I don't bother with that site much nowadays - too much idiocy).

With that flash it's difficult to get a good sense of what it's like - but I appreciate the link though (y)

If this wasn't PRIME1 (etc. etc.) I'd have got it - I love the design/sculpt.

Well, Prime 1 just cancelled all of my preorders (this statue included). Great to be an Australian right now
That sucks! My orders with Sugo will probably cancel too. At around 2.6k USD due to our dollar being so weak, this statue was a sweet deal and an excellent alternative to the 1/3 cinemaquette. Aus gov is such a nanny state!

Aw, crap. Wonder if this means my 1/3 JH bust order through Sugo will be cancelled as well. Would they even be allowed to import these to then sell internationally?

Aus gov is such a nanny state!
It's a surprisingly Californian move. Sorry to hear Prime 1 would rather cancel than figure out a solution for the customers they supposedly care so much about.

Last edited:
What's going on? Why are your orders being cancelled? The statue release is surely many months out.

On another note, I ordered through Sideshow.
I applied points to get a discount, will have time to see in hand pictures, and due to almost certain production delays can ask for a refund if I don't like what I see after others receive their direct from P1 statues.

Statues with batteries not allowed.

FB_IMG_1657901695308.jpg

:oops:

Thanks @FACEBOX

What a ridiculous thing for the "Australian government" to say - they might as well say they are stopping the sale of eyeliner because there's a risk of people poking their eyes out - FFS !!!!!! 🤪

Why don't PRIME1 just ship without the batteries? - then the "risk" is totally on the customer.

Or are the "Australian government" going to go round peoples houses seizing every item that has the capability of having these batteries installed?

Effin' politicians - I can't think of ONE that does a decent job ANYWHERE on the planet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(* EDIT *)

Right - I finally managed to type in the URL that the PRIME1 email links to . . . Three months to go for button battery safety standards

It's actually over concerns about kids getting hold of the batteries and swallowing them (or getting stuck in their throats). So surely all PRIME has to do is change the battery casing so that it has a screw (or screws) that need to be removed to get at the batteries? Besides - kids are more likely to go for the statues than the batteries! This may be a sensible step for smaller items & toys, but I still think this is ridiculous (and easily fixed) for the collectibles that PRIME1, Sideshow et-al produce.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, does P1 ship with batteries included now?
Not including batteries would be the most effortless solution, no? Or would that not be acceptable since the compartment must still be screwed?

Eh. Dumb law to apply to high-end collectibles and -- surprise, surprise -- an even dumber response from Prime 1.

Back