Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have this paid off shortly hopefully. Already owning the Coolprops P2 bust, and with that being my favourite design facially, this is the set up I'll be going for using the OG poster.

I'm sure those scales are way off by the way lol.

Attachments

• Untitled_Artwork.jpg
    Untitled_Artwork.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 106
I want to cancel it. But don’t want to lose my $300 deposit. So will still continue with payment plans. As soon as it’s delayed, I will cancel and get all my money back. I’m happy with my 1/4 Big Game Cover Art and City Hunter. I don’t have room anymore. I also lost interest. I mean, I don’t want to keep buying forever. When is enough, enough?

I want to cancel it. But don’t want to lose my $300 deposit. So will still continue with payment plans. As soon as it’s delayed, I will cancel and get all my money back. I’m happy with my 1/4 Big Game Cover Art and City Hunter. I don’t have room anymore. I also lost interest. I mean, I don’t want to keep buying forever. When is enough, enough?

just have a set plan on what you planning to do, and keep the best pieces you know will never leave. I have an endgame plan of 8 statues since I only have limited space, but this statue def will be the peak of what can wow me in my collection.

I’ve accepted I won’t ever find a xenomorph alien statue, but in Sauron, Darth Vader, thanos, T-800, robocop, Batman, joker and the jungle hunter is more than enough when their all setup

It is a hard thing to plan because my goal was to get 4 statues and now I have 7 and my plan was to get only 1/4 scale 80's movies and anything related to my childhood so they have some significance to me. Now, I have preordered 5 more this year...

Pumpkinhead
Superman The Movie
Predator
Robocop
Hellboy

For the most part I stuck with the 80'smovies, but had to add Blitzway Hellboy because it is one of my favorite characters... Plus Darth Vader Mythos next year which is technically 80's... And I was very good in not ordering Tweeterhead Catwoman or Prime 1 1/3 Wonder Woman (Linda Carter) although they are beautiful pieces. But Queen Studios announced a 1/4 Mark 1 Iron Man which is one of my favorites... and I'm still looking for an Alien and Terminator... So, in the end, I will be up to 15 by the end of 2023....

Not too bad as collectors go, considering some people have over 100 statues, but I have very limited space for the boxes....

So I will try to stick to my plan, unless of course they will come up with something I can't resist and my plans will go "KAPUT" :)

Good advice, guys.

I‘m just completely happy with my Big Game Hunter and City Hunter though. It just dawn on me why the need for an even bigger Predator? I placed the downpayment on impulse. Now regrets are setting in. I only collect three lines, Alien, Predator. And Terminator. Buy my mancave is already full, really full. I don’t just collect high end statues, but also love Hot Toys, NECA, props, posters, models, customs, older nostalgic pieces, It’s very eclectic. The only place I could place the 1/3 Predator would be on the floor, and I really don’t want to start getting that “hoarder” look. Losing the $300 deposit will hurt though, ouch.

Good advice, guys.

I‘m just completely happy with my Big Game Hunter and City Hunter though. It just dawn on me why the need for an even bigger Predator? I placed the downpayment on impulse. Now regrets are setting in. I only collect three lines, Alien, Predator. And Terminator. Buy my mancave is already full, really full. I don’t just collect high end statues, but also love Hot Toys, NECA, props, posters, models, customs, older nostalgic pieces, It’s very eclectic. The only place I could place the 1/3 Predator would be on the floor, and I really don’t want to start getting that “hoarder” look. Losing the $300 deposit will hurt though, ouch.
We've got the exact same taste as those are the 3 lines I only collect (I have been tempted with the DC line but managed to resist lol).

Fair call. If I owned the 1/4 pred, I'll probably give the 1/3 a pass as it has more than enough bells and whistles to satisfy me. Or if I have both there would be a good chance I'll end up selling one and keep the other.

We've got the exact same taste as those are the 3 lines I only collect (I have been tempted with the DC line but managed to resist lol).

Fair call. If I owned the 1/4 pred, I'll probably give the 1/3 a pass as it has more than enough bells and whistles to satisfy me. Or if I have both there would be a good chance I'll end up selling one and keep the other.
Man, we might be related, lol. I too love DC, especially the Trinity, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I’ve had my eyes on the Queen Studios Masterline Museum statues of them. The ones that look like Roman marble statues. I’ve been drooling for them. But I don’t want to get into a whole new rabbit hole, lol.

I just pulled the trigger on this, if there any sloppy paint or anything looks off to me , I'm sending right back. For the price tag they're asking this needs to be on point!
For sure. I really hope they do a proper gloss coat on this, if only just to seal in the damn decals so they don't peel.

I dunno, you'd think a layer of lacquer or sealant is standard procedure when painting anything. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to find out a few years from now.

I'm sure not expecting to have it in hand until sometime in 2023. I'm still pretty salty over how they handled the closed mouth bust, which kills some of my excitement for the statue. The bust would have been a tremendous addition and Prime1 took the opportunity to show just how sleazy and dishonest they can be.

The one good thing about Prime 1 vs Sideshow etc, is that we tend to see in hand pictures from China etc before they ship fully. This one has to be perfect for the money and all of the talk they made around it. I'm actually not sure Prime 1 are even capable of the quality we're all expecting for this one any longer, but I sure do hope they are....

The one good thing about Prime 1 vs Sideshow etc, is that we tend to see in hand pictures from China etc before they ship fully. This one has to be perfect for the money and all of the talk they made around it. I'm actually not sure Prime 1 are even capable of the quality we're all expecting for this one any longer, but I sure do hope they are....
Other than the 1/4 Predator being the wrong color, I have got no complaints with P1 studios. Everything I have received from them has been top notch. Hell if the Big Chap was packaged better that would be a full-blown home run IMO. Still have yet to get mine but if it comes undamaged then P1 will be still 99% perfect for me.

Other than the 1/4 Predator being the wrong color, I have got no complaints with P1 studios. Everything I have received from them has been top notch. Hell if the Big Chap was packaged better that would be a full-blown home run IMO. Still have yet to get mine but if it comes undamaged then P1 will be still 99% perfect for me.

Hope it turns out great for you bud - and for Python, Collectorcol and ALL my friends here.

Well to be fair, I only have two pieces from them, and both of them are completely awesome (City hunter statue & ID4 Alien bust) I also have no personal complaints. I'm basing it on a few horror stories we have seen lately. I really hope they come through on this one, if they do, it will be quite something.

I'm still on the fence with this guy. I mean I love it, but P1 has really crapped on me as far as quality lately. I have $1400 in points with them, so I'm debating on just picking up the base one as I will only be out about $1,100 plus shipping. They still have the edition size open, so I feel like I still have time to decide...but ugh, I just don't know...

I'm still on the fence with this guy. I mean I love it, but P1 has really crapped on me as far as quality lately. I have $1400 in points with them, so I'm debating on just picking up the base one as I will only be out about $1,100 plus shipping. They still have the edition size open, so I feel like I still have time to decide...but ugh, I just don't know...
Hey man I wouldn't rush, the base version AND DX versions are open editions. Prime 1 going to milk both those lines right until production and possibly beyond.

Back