Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the pose they went with on that, Infinity are such a hit and miss company imo. They do make some lovely stuff however. One of their early concepts for that Berserker was him standing tall, mask on holding a trophey. That combined with the sculpt and paint that they managed would have been quite a statue! I can't fathom why they opted to make him almost falling over and with another 1/3 bust on the base that you can hardly see. This is their miss part....

EDIT: Found it.... Top images! Tell me that wouldn't have been infinitely better.... Pun intended.

HEKjwCN.jpg
The top concept even features the Classic Predator laying down on the base. It still could've been an elaborate statue depicting two characters, but better-focused and with a more natural pose.

Paint apps are indeed great, as they should be for this price. Nice gloss coat. And even though the dots on Classic's body aren't crisp like Prime 1's, the airbrushed aesthetic makes them more pleasing to look at. It reads like organic spotting rather than crude, messy paint splotches. And of course, Berserker is perfect. I can't imagine Prime 1 taking him on and doing as good a job.

I know - I need to get a life :)

Right - don't think I've seen those before (or if I have - my brain cell has forgotten).

Yeah - that may have been better - can't decide. Much prefer Narin's though.

Yeah, I like Narins also! He can be a bit more gory than some of these companies and it worked well on that one...

That's an amazing paint job - just like their City Hunter (that I have in-hand).

Thanks for sharing these - bodes well for their Jungle Hunter.

I dont agree with the City Hunter paintjob, that one is disappointing. Prime 1's CH has a much better paintjob. As others have said, Inifinity are quite a hit or miss company.

I prefer Prime 1's CH in most ways, but I also really liked the Infinity City Hunter. It is their stand out Predator so far and that isn't likely to change any time soon unless they make some big changes to their JH prototype. They have a lot of talent, and clearly plenty of vision, but it doesn't seem to come together in practice weirdly, other than the CH which was only really let down by a really poor bio mask.

Last edited:
Infinity Studio's Berserker Predator statue came out and it looks outstanding. I have to say P1's predator statues does not even come close at the paint department. After seeing the photos of the statue P1 has no excuse anymore on that front. Looks superior at every way. I ordered the 1/3 predator and I hope they will pull it off.
Holy damn that paint app is freakin incredible compared to prime!! Wtf!?

Ordered the statue now I’ve sold my sideshow predator maquette 1/4 and the 2 prime one transforms, in that time going to search for a good sideshow alien statue

Still not convinced that the end product will come close to all these nice proto pictures. And there are now so many parts on this that could fail until delivery. Still, it looks impressive and I don´t even pretend I could get one, but still, Prime is not really shinning lately with QC and proper dealing with customer complaints.

Still not convinced that the end product will come close to all these nice proto pictures. And there are now so many parts on this that could fail until delivery. Still, it looks impressive and I don´t even pretend I could get one, but still, Prime is not really shinning lately with QC and proper dealing with customer complaints.
I wish IF was more consistent with their Preds. Berserker was a home run in everyway, were I think their CH was a big miss paint app wise.

Agreed. Also not impressed with their CS. Sent one of my heads on the 1:4 away for repair 4 months ago, still waiting on a replacement/repair. Granted it was through a reseller, but still disappointing.

Just realised that I'm exactly half way through the payments on this guy. How time flies. And still no sign of UK economy shipping yet, I was kind of gambling that'd be in place before this shipped. I don't fancy actually paying the quoted $1064 shipping tbh. Still really want that closed mouth head, but still not paying the extortionate amount they want for it. Not that it's an option as they sold 1500 of them in 5 minutes... ;)

Just realised that I'm exactly half way through the payments on this guy. How time flies. And still no sign of UK economy shipping yet, I was kind of gambling that'd be in place before this shipped. I don't fancy actually paying the quoted $1064 shipping tbh. Still really want that closed mouth head, but still not paying the extortionate amount they want for it. Not that it's an option as they sold 1500 of them in 5 minutes... ;)

im from the uk 🇬🇧 is well and I’m def dreading the final shipping fee slash customs quotes, think for 2023 if there is no delays putting all my eggs into this jungle hunter basket for 2023 making sure only having this on order, since I got to have this statue.

DX and standard version ES still TBD. Final figure for the FS is going to be huge.

Fingers crossed end of 2023 release at latest, but I wouldn't be surprised if this runs into 2024.

Back