Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dundee says Big Game Cover Art looks better than City Hunter and xlp0sive says City Hunter looks better than Big Game Cover Art. The difference of opinions continues, lol.
I think you probably misunderstood what I meant. I'm saying the quality of the City Hunter is better as far as paint (decal job) goes, relative to the previous comments that were made (that the big game cover art was the exception as it wasn't made as well as City Hunter and Fugitive).

That said, the Big Game Cover Art is still a much better statue overall. Better looking, bigger, cool pose, lots of switch outs, better base etc, it just wasnt made to the same standard as City Hunter IMO.

Last edited:
I think you probably misunderstood what I want. I'm saying the quality of the City Hunter is better as far as paint (decal job) goes, relative to the previous comments that were made (that the big game cover art was the exception as it wasn't made as well as City Hunter and Fugitive).

That said, the Big Game Cover Art is still a much better statue overall. Better looking, bigger, cool pose, lots of switch outs, better base etc, it just wasnt made to the same standard as City Hunter IMO.
Pretty much this. I'd be satisfied if Prime 1 can achieve at least the quality level of the 1/4 fugitive on the 1/3. Imo that should be at least the minimum quality expected.

I think you probably misunderstood what I want. I'm saying the quality of the City Hunter is better as far as paint (decal job) goes, relative to the previous comments that were made (that the big game cover art was the exception as it wasn't made as well as City Hunter and Fugitive).

Ok, now I finally got it, ha. Thanks for the clarification.

From FB just to show who is king until 1/3 comes out

EEE3D97E-AB30-4A19-84BB-BF0C069378F2.jpeg

Wow! That looks amazing. I find it so odd that people are bashing the paint apps on the 1/4. Prime 1 did a great job on it.

Wow! That looks amazing. I find it so odd that people are bashing the paint apps on the 1/4. Prime 1 did a great job on it.
Do you have one? At a distance it's incredible, ten feet away I love it a lot, close up its a stinging disappointment, there is no way this is premium work.

Attachments

• 20210903_023029.jpg
    20210903_023029.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20210903_022912.jpg
    20210903_022912.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 82
Do you have one? At a distance it's incredible, ten feet away I love it a lot, close up its a stinging disappointment, there is no way this is premium work.
I do have it. I think it looks awesome. The paint and colours work great IMO. What is it that looks disappointing to you?

They most likely used decals for the spots but I believe the rest is painted.
Not likely, look close at your hands, you actually see the decal slip onto the gloves and fingernails. Outside of the small printed work, base cost and shading, thw rest is looking like a full on decal job.

"Oh, only the spots are decals, you say" when most of the Predator's skin pattern is, well, spots.
It's most of the skin, you can actually see the decal ride up on the finger nails and gloves, same look as head and arms. The base and shading are likely the only minor actually skin painting done on this particular piece.

I generally prefer looking at my statues up and close (within a metre) to admire the little details, but I get what your saying when viewed up close, no doubt some areas look disappointing. At least they nailed the sculpt details, just a shame they took some significant short cuts in other areas. Without a layer of gloss it looks so dry. Would of made a huge difference if they just added one layer to give it that crucial pop effect.

Back