Statue Prime 1 LOTR Sauron statue 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be $4K from weta :rotfl

We don't know yet. P1's Sauron looks great, dare I say worth the asking price. I'm very interest what Weta has to show. I think they would've learned with previous higher priced items that hung around and eventually went on sale... but who knows.. Treebeard was a very low ed. size and pretty unique so I'll give it a pass, though I still thought the price-tag was ridiculous. I think I'm just over the escalating scales and prices, Sauron may be truly the last large expensive piece I get.

Size comparison:

skTPB9t.jpg

Shipping notices going out:

YOUR ORDER IS READY TO SHIP​

Thank you for shopping at Prime 1 Studio ONLINE STORE.

Your product will ready to ship approximately within 1-4 weeks (in case of economy shipping it may take longer).

I'm surprised there were no in-hand posting about this piece. Any thoughts on it in hand?
I ended up selling mine right after I got it. While an upgrade in some respects to the old SS PF, I didn't care for the base, helmet, or armor paint. The base is too tall(and I usually don't mind large bases) and isn't as well painted as I would like. It really lacked fine detail and seemed too plastic and there is just SO much of it in the front it took away from the piece. Body armor sculpt detail was quite good, but paint is bit duller than I would have liked. The helmet sculpt is still too slim and not as menacing as it should be. I think the new Weta piece captured that better and is the one I will be keeping for now. While it also has issues and not the same visual impact due to smaller scale, the armor and base were better done also.

I ended up selling mine right after I got it. While an upgrade in some respects to the old SS PF, I didn't care for the base, helmet, or armor paint. The base is too tall(and I usually don't mind large bases) and isn't as well painted as I would like. It really lacked fine detail and seemed too plastic and there is just SO much of it in the front it took away from the piece. Body armor sculpt detail was quite good, but paint is bit duller than I would have liked. The helmet sculpt is still too slim and not as menacing as it should be. I think the new Weta piece captured that better and is the one I will be keeping for now. While it also has issues and not the same visual impact due to smaller scale, the armor and base were better done also.
I briefly toyed with the idea of going in on the P1 LOTR line—really glad I didn’t due to quickly diminished space as is—but really the thing that put me off was the lack of sharpness and detail in the bases. I’ve had a few licensed and custom 1/4 statues over the years and no matter what the bases almost always seem less detailed than the actual statue. I picked up the Weta Sauron and was immediately impressed with how HD the base looks. My first Weta piece and I could tell a real difference in how they approach their bases, I’m sure their experience doing the dioramas plays a big part in that, and apparently they went as far as to cast it from tree bark to give it the really visceral texture it has. I do have some complaints about that piece (paint not being quite as layered/varied as the proto, and the inexcusable backwards shoulder pads 🤦🏻) and actually prefer the pose on the P1, but definitely glad I went with the Weta overall.

Back