Statue Prime 1 Harley Quinn 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, there will NOT be a smaller base version of this one. Even if there was, it wouldn't have the switchouts of the deluxe edition.

There is a beauty to the piece with its full base; that's a big part of the story that gives the piece it's magic. The same can be said for Poison Ivy; that bad makes the piece even more spectacular.

As a side note, I wasn't pleased that they released that smaller base Lady Maria statue either.

As a collector, I appreciate the full artistic vision of the piece and appreciate, just as much, that once they sell out we wait for the next sculpt (instead of releasing more and more of what was supposed to be a set ES). If we miss one or it doesn't fit into our collection in all its glory then we wait for the inevitable next iteration that will.

That is only my opinion and I know that many of us have different views and that's okay too. If a smaller base version of this piece gets released, I will not be ordering any P1 in the future and I currently have 8 of them on preorder.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Hopefully, there will NOT be a smaller base version of this one. Even if there was, it wouldn't have the switchouts of the deluxe edition.

There is a beauty to the piece with its full base; that's a big part of the story that gives the piece it's magic. The same can be said for Poison Ivy; that bad makes the piece even more spectacular.

As a side note, I wasn't pleased that they released that smaller base Lady Maria statue either.

As a collector, I appreciate the full artistic vision of the piece and appreciate, just as much, that once they sell out we wait for the next sculpt (instead of releasing more and more of what was supposed to be a set ES). If we miss one or it doesn't fit into our collection in all its glory then we wait for the inevitable next iteration that will.

That is only my opinion and I know that many of us have different views and that's okay too. If a smaller base version of this piece gets released, I will not be ordering any P1 in the future and I currently have 8 of them on preorder.

Why would you so resent collectors who don't have the space for such a massive base being able to get this statue though?

I get why some love the huge diorama bases and feel they are as big a part of the piece as the statue itself but not everyone feels the same. There is no right or wrong answer here, it's just a matter of personal taste. Having more options can't be a bad thing. Seen the same arguments over capes, some only want sculpted, others prefer fabric. Prime 1 seem to have listened and now offer the choice on some statues where the cape flares out miles to one side. Superman and Huntress so far.

Obviously it won't work on every piece but no reason Prime 1 can't offer two base options on at least some statues. It it's a case of either/or I understand why people would fight for the version they prefer but it seems selfish to be so against a second option when it wouldn't impact your own purchase.

So, let me get this straight.

You either want to buy or have purchased this piece with the huge base. So, if Prime 1 were to ever decide to release a version that's more space friendly (aka a smaller, plainer base), you will throw a tantrum and boycott a company you love because now other people may get the chance to own something you feel should only cater to a certain customer? And those people who cannot display a massive base should wait 4+ more years for them to (hopefully) release another statue of said character and pray that this time around the base isn't the size of a coffee table.

Cool. :lol

Last edited:

You either want to buy or have purchased this piece with the huge base. So, if Prime 1 were to ever decide to release a version that's more space friendly (aka a smaller, plainer base), you will throw a tantrum and boycott a company you love because now other people may get the chance to own something you feel should only cater to a certain customer? And those people who cannot display a massive base should wait 4+ more years for them to (hopefully) release another statue of said character and pray that this time around the base isn't the size of a coffee table.

Cool. :lol

Honestly I would also be disappointed if in the future a variant came out for this piece. Whether it’s the imagery smaller base or just a change in hair colour I believe any variants should be announced at the same time when a piece originally goes up for preorder.

Now of course Prime 1 has done this in spades across their lines announcing a variant months if not years later, with gold variants, white variants, a battle damaged variant, a bloody variant, and yes a smaller base variant.

I myself don’t usually care about large edition sizes or resale value, but at the same time I also believe that when a company releases a limited product, there’s an tacit agreement between the buyer and seller that that doesn’t change or increase. But that’s just my opinion.

Cool. [emoji38]

Take a deep breath so you can calm yourself down. [emoji6]

What I said is that if a piece is being released with a given ES on a given base that the edition of that piece should be done. No company should, in my opinion, re-release a given statue with a different BASE especially when they are so expensive to begin with (and yes, I understand that whether a piece is expensive or not has to do with each individual's own financial means).

I won't be throwing a tantrum of any kind and I buy products from several different companies that all make pieces that I really like. I'd rather purchase from a company that produces the piece at the set ES and then moves on to the next piece. It is okay if you don't agree but that doesn't make either of us wrong.

As for having to wait another 4+ years for another Harley Quinn statue, where have you been that you haven't seen the myriad of Harley status released over the past 2 to 3 years? There have been so many great choices that have come out and there will be more.

Why would you so resent collectors who don't have the space for such a massive base being able to get this statue though?

I get why some love the huge diorama bases and feel they are as big a part of the piece as the statue itself but not everyone feels the same. There is no right or wrong answer here, it's just a matter of personal taste. Having more options can't be a bad thing. Seen the same arguments over capes, some only want sculpted, others prefer fabric. Prime 1 seem to have listened and now offer the choice on some statues where the cape flares out miles to one side. Superman and Huntress so far.

Obviously it won't work on every piece but no reason Prime 1 can't offer two base options on at least some statues. It it's a case of either/or I understand why people would fight for the version they prefer but it seems selfish to be so against a second option when it wouldn't impact your own purchase.
I'm all for Prime 1 or any other statue company offering multiple versions at the time of release. I'm against them selling out all the original editions and then producing more with a smaller base at a later date as they did with Lady Maria. It would have been cool of them to offer the deluxe with the full base and the regular version with the smaller base but they close not to do that. As such, I don't feel a small base version in the future would be okay.

Take a deep breath so you can calm yourself down. [emoji6]

What I said is that if a piece is being released with a given ES on a given base that the edition of that piece should be done. No company should, in my opinion, re-release a given statue with a different BASE especially when they are so expensive to begin with (and yes, I understand that whether a piece is expensive or not has to do with each individual's own financial means).

I won't be throwing a tantrum of any kind and I buy products from several different companies that all make pieces that I really like. I'd rather purchase from a company that produces the piece at the set ES and then moves on to the next piece. It is okay if you don't agree but that doesn't make either of us wrong.

As for having to wait another 4+ years for another Harley Quinn statue, where have you been that you haven't seen the myriad of Harley status released over the past 2 to 3 years? There have been so many great choices that have come out and there will be more.

I'm perfectly calm, thanks.

Last edited:
I'm all for Prime 1 or any other statue company offering multiple versions at the time of release. I'm against them selling out all the original editions and then producing more with a smaller base at a later date as they did with Lady Maria. It would have been cool of them to offer the deluxe with the full base and the regular version with the smaller base but they close not to do that. As such, I don't feel a small base version in the future would be okay.

That's fair enough then, the Superman fabric and sculpted cape versions I mentioned were announced at the same time if I remember right.

I was thinking more about future statues where possible they could have two different options on the base. I'm hoping we get a Hush Harley on a base with less depth than this one. That's the measurement that's most difficult to accommodate for many of us I. Height much less of a problem.

They should be announced all at the same time if doing different bases...just like they did with LOBO with all of the different versions at time of release. If you view these as a collectible/investment then a re-release is extremely frustrating and a huge no no...if you view these like high priced shoes which are just a luxury and the same model comes out next year in a different leather then you are in the does not bother you camp....Personally I was annoyed when SS released after the fact different painted versions of the same statues. It seems to have worn off but had those statues come out cheaper...I would have a huge problem.

Now, I really do not view statues as collectibles in the appreciation of value realm...sure like anything there are a select few current releases that hit collectible status but 90% are what they are...something to enjoy until the next one you enjoy more comes out.

I'm a little confused by this New 52 line. Both this and Deathstroke are 1/3 but they've already done the Justice League in 1/4 scale. Will they do New 52 Batman again in 1/3 scale to go with these pieces?

I'm a little confused by this New 52 line. Both this and Deathstroke are 1/3 but they've already done the Justice League in 1/4 scale. Will they do New 52 Batman again in 1/3 scale to go with these pieces?

Given that it seems like Sideshow probably ceased whatever allowed Prime 1 from entering the 1/4 DC comic line, which has prevented them from doing anymore pieces in their 1/4 New 52 line, I wouldn’t be surprised if later down the line they do another Batman piece to go with these. But they might not want to double dip and instead do a Rebirth version instead.

Given that it seems like Sideshow probably ceased whatever allowed Prime 1 from entering the 1/4 DC comic line, which has prevented them from doing anymore pieces in their 1/4 New 52 line, I wouldn’t be surprised if later down the line they do another Batman piece to go with these. But they might not want double dip and instead do a Rebirth version instead.

Do the current comics still count as Rebirth? I know they no longer carry the label but it's part of the same continuity. I just wouldn't want that purple cape version of Batman from rebirth lol. His updated suit is much better.

Isn't this statue releasing soon? Is there another thread I can't find talking about this haha.

As I continue to eye up all these amazing pieces in the statue world, I keep coming back to Prime 1. Really wanting to buy either the 1/3 Ledger Joker, Batcave Hush Batman, or Harley here. This has gotta be the best Harley statue I've ever seen I absolutely love it. The question is which to settle on.... I'd love to get all eventually but I can only afford 1 right now. MAYBE 2 this year but hard to say.

Well, a few weeks later and I have convinced myself to put preorders down for Harley, Ledger Joker, AND Hush Batman. :rotfl

All 3 are damn near perfect for me, so why wait for other offerings that at best could be just as good. Now the question is which will I get in hand first...

Harley here has been pushed AGAIN to August 2021 - November 2021. A beautiful piece that has been caught in development hell. Wasn't it first revealed in 2018?

Someone over on the Statue Forum has apparently gotten a "your order is ready to ship" email from Prime 1 for this piece. Anybody here get one of those?

Would seem a bit odd to see it release now considering it just got delayed to Aug-Nov a few weeks ago but I ain't complaining lol.

This is FINALLY shipping from Prime 1. Some collectors on the Statue Forum have gotten emails from P1. Been a long time coming, hopefully we get final product photos soon.

This is FINALLY shipping from Prime 1. Some collectors on the Statue Forum have gotten emails from P1. Been a long time coming, hopefully we get final product photos soon.
That's encouraging, yeah photos have been delayed like everything about this piece

Back