Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, man. California has the best year round weather in the USA. It’s never too hot, never too cold. No humidity. No hurricanes. No tornados. We do get forest fires though, and every few decades, a huge earthquake, lol.

You Southern Cali guys beat us with your beaches. Our waters are colder Than yours. However, we have the best surfing waves, the Mavericks in Half Moon Bay. So let’s call it a draw, lol.
Lol, sounds good, I love Northern Cali!!!

Ever consider Texas? I grew up in Oregon, now I'm in SoCal for work (and the weather, let's be honest :lol). While it's likely I'll have to stay here at least a few more years, I wouldn't mind moving to a place like Texas precisely because of the absurdly low rent -- I checked out some listings a couple weeks back just for fun and my jaw still hasn't come up from the floor.
The problem with Texas are the friggn Cowboys. I’m a Niners fan. I can’t stand the Cowboys, lol.

Texas is also too damn hot during the Summer. Having said that, I do have relatives in Texas. And I do love me some Texas brisket. Man, that stuff is da bomb.

The problem with Texas are the friggn Cowboys. I’m a Niners fan. I can’t stand the Cowboys, lol.

Texas is also too damn hot during the Summer. Having said that, I do have relatives in Texas. And I do love me some Texas brisket. Man, that stuff is da bomb.
I know what you mean, I see pic of real bbq and I am like omg. I would go just for that alone. LOL!

Ya I own all those too, and I have to say this statue is very underrated. I like it better than the CM predator. Don't get me wrong, thats a grail but this is just another level. I don't know what people are seeing that doesn't look like the prototype. Its pretty much identical other than flat paint. Like I said easy fix. The sculpt is dead on. Its just CM I sold cuz it was out dated. I don't regret it either. Its something you really need to see, to fully get the greatness of the statue. But your opinion is yours. But the csutkakoma dude has been a pain in the ass since he got here. Anyways, I don't want to waste another sentence on him. That's why I never judge a statue unless I see it. If the sculpt is grail. I know I can make the paint grail as well. Thanks again. Peace.
Yeah im really keen to see how the gloss helps with the full piece. I imagine your work and final piece will make a lot of people do the same. The sculpt on this piece is great

First, your back bitching again! Also, I don't get triggered. But I will defend myself. Especially on my comment that apparently you totally misread. But Ill get to that in a minute. But I read what I wrote, I didn't say a damn personal thing. You took it how you took it.
Triggered, by a you!!! So, I lost people too. But that doesn't need to be talked about here. But its all about you so, bring up what you want. But this I need to address. Now explain this one to me, I don't know how my comment of people like this should not be allowed breeding has anything to do with your son or losing someone? How in the hell, do you get a disrespectful or personal attack going to your son? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME??? But first it was a joke, notice the LOL!!! But yet, not to you. S Boy your capacity to interpret something is whacked! Now as a Social Worker what I interpret is just you deflecting and projecting. Almost sociopathic behavior, Making everything about you. Which I been noticing on your comments. Still don't know what your calling me out on. Everything I said was true.

I wasted enough time on you. Get off this thread!!! You never belonged here after you came back to *****. GO AWAY!
Matturibe1 - I’ve personally never had an issue with you but you seem to get into these spats fairly often here… I don’t know if it’s a language barrier thing or what but IMO you need to take it easy. Imo the other guy did nothing with that original post that you have not done before… I need only direct you to the 1/4 PCS Myers thread

I mean here is one… I mean what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, right? Again I have no issue with you but there are more examples of you dumping on a piece that you don’t own. Not sure why you can and others can’t…
Don't take this personal but this looks terrible. That is why I buy very good NAG masks and display them. I knew they would drop the ball. This looks so bad. Not saying your pics do. But I don't think it looks any better than the other pics. But HCG isn't a good company when it comes to Myers stuff. Im glad you like it. Not knocking you. But I lets be honest it looks terrible. But if you like it that is all that matters.

First, your back bitching again! Also, I don't get triggered. But I will defend myself. Especially on my comment that apparently you totally misread. But Ill get to that in a minute. But I read what I wrote, I didn't say a damn personal thing. You took it how you took it.

Triggered, by a you!!! So, I lost people too. But that doesn't need to be talked about here. But its all about you so, bring up what you want. But this I need to address. Now explain this one to me, I don't know how my comment of people like this should not be allowed breeding has anything to do with your son or losing someone? How in the hell, do you get a disrespectful or personal attack going to your son? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME??? But first it was a joke, notice the LOL!!! But yet, not to you. S Boy your capacity to interpret something is whacked! Now as a Social Worker what I interpret is just you deflecting and projecting. Almost sociopathic behavior, Making everything about you. Which I been noticing on your comments. Still don't know what your calling me out on. Everything I said was true.

I wasted enough time on you. Get off this thread!!! You never belonged here after you came back to *****. GO AWAY!
Yo you need to ******* chill.
Dude I am calling you out on your false statment and showing you proof that you are BSing and putting words in my mouth and you are starting to insult me like that? You hope I won't breed? I had a child who died you moron. How dare you? One thing is to disagree with me but you are going too far. Just stop. And I don't care about your military life. Keep that to yourself. Also you don't know a thing about my personal life so be very careful here. Stop the insults! Also do me a favor and put me on the ignore list. See Jaws handled the situation like an intelligent person. Maybe you should do the same. But I am sure you will be triggered by that too. I am done here
I'm sorry to hear about your child I've been through the same.

Yo you need to ******* chill.

I'm sorry to hear about your child I've been through the same.
The fact that I need to justify my comment is outrageous, you really need to go back and start from the beginning to get the idea of this guy. But you have free will, you do what you want. But this is my last comment on this guy.

Sure... I need to chill. However, first you might want to see my first comment before you judge what I said in return. Seeing as my comment had nothing to do with him or his son. I don't feel the need for pity or use a comment to go with something that completely had nothing to do with his son to get people on his side. But since we need to play the personal game and act like high schoolers. I guess Ill start. Court is in session lol!!! First and foremost.

I was in the military I lost a brother 2 years apart countless of friends an uncle both grandparents and my grand father in a time frame of two years. Yet the guy said and I quote " I don't care about what you did in the military." Before I even said anything about the breeding comment. Now I can be a child and interpret it like he did and say I lost my brother and friends who served with me while in the military. But Im a bigger person and do not need to stoop to his games and I don't feel the need to make everything about me, especially on a statue forum. It's not necessary. Si basically, he did the same thing to me first. But this is so stupid. Im sitting here laughing.

First, the comment, he used it to his advantage. It had nothing to do with his Son. I don't know this guy at all. Second the comment was a joke to begin with and he knew that with me putting LOL. Third, this is a forum I never brought up anything personal it was about the statue. However, since somehow this **** came back on me for some reason. Which makes absolute no sense at all. Of course I feel empathy for someone who lost a family member. I am not heartless.

But I have empathy but not toward people who go looking for it. If he did lose a son of course he has my condolences. It was never regarded toward that. But sociopaths used comments like this and run with it. But whatever, this has got to be the stupidest thing I am defending. Maybe we can all get on with our lives now. Since this guy (the troll) not you, decided to come here in the first place and ruin the vibe.

Im done with this BS, you want to buddy buddy with guy go for it. Hes all yours. Save me the hassle from hearing from him. Now can we get back to the statue!!!

Last edited:
Matturibe1 - I’ve personally never had an issue with you but you seem to get into these spats fairly often here… I don’t know if it’s a language barrier thing or what but IMO you need to take it easy. Imo the other guy did nothing with that original post that you have not done before… I need only direct you to the 1/4 PCS Myers thread

I mean here is one… I mean what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, right? Again I have no issue with you but there are more examples of you dumping on a piece that you don’t own. Not sure why you can and others can’t…
Oh I have mentioned that, in this forum. Thats why I said I had to step back and look myself and life and see wtf and I doing. Reason why I was harsh on that was pretty obvious though. That was nothing the prototype. That was why I was so angry. I wanted that statue bad. I was just really upset that they tricked people into putting a different picture up than what people actually received. Now, this is totally different. The prototype look exactly the same. But ya ever since that burst out. I haven't said a bad think about a statue. No need anymore for drama. But no matter how much you try to stay away it finds you.
Anyways, Im not gonna get into this other guy, he isn't worth my time, especially after the **** he just did. But I will say this. I won't sit back and let someone play the victim. Jaws we never had a problem. Hell I even hit you up about an art print. But ya since that time from the Myers I had to look back at Myself and change. Negativity people don't want to be around. So, you can throw something in my past thats cool, I own up to it. Like I said I did on this forum. I even mentioned the Myers statue. But what matters is where you go now and how you move forward.

I never said the guy couldn't make a comment, I even explained to him about Myers. But now the guy is twisting things starting drama. That is where I have problems.

Now lets get back to the statue. Peace

Last edited:
Oh I have mentioned that, in this forum. Thats why I said I had to step back and look myself and life and see wtf and I doing. Reason why I was harsh on that was pretty obvious though. That was nothing the prototype. That was why I was so angry. I wanted that statue bad. I was just really upset that they tricked people into putting a different picture up than what people actually received. Now, this is totally different. The prototype look exactly the same. But ya ever since that burst out. I haven't said a bad think about a statue. No need anymore for drama. But no matter how much you try to stay away it finds you.
Anyways, Im not gonna get into this other guy, he isn't worth my time, especially after the **** he just did. But I will say this. I won't sit back and let someone play the victim. Jaws we never had a problem. Hell I even hit you up about an art print. But ya since that time from the Myers I had to look back at Myself and change. Negativity people don't want to be around. So, you can throw something in my past thats cool, I own up to it. Like I said I did on this forum. I even mentioned the Myers statue. But what matters is where you go now and how you move forward.
Yep you and I have always been cool . :duff Just some friendly advice from me to you. We all have had to check ourselves from time to time. I just didn’t have as much of an issue with the other guys original post. I also have done what you did where I give guys like that a hard time but now as long as it’s not post after post of someone bashing it I just read and move on.

Yep you and I have always been cool . :duff Just some friendly advice from me to you. We all have had to check ourselves from time to time. I just didn’t have as much of an issue with the other guys original post. I also have done what you did where I give guys like that a hard time but now as long as it’s not post after post of someone bashing it I just read and move on.
Right, but now he twisted my words and stirring the pot and now I have a problem with that. It went from the statue, to him taking a comment out of context and twisting my words. So, when people go from a comment about a statue to personal. Then I am going to have a problem with him. But like I said I had to step back and not be that negative person. I never said he couldn't comment. We were just bantering back and forth. But then he had to take it to far. As you can see. Now, its about something totally different and not the statue. Anyways, lol that Myers. Boy that one got on my nerves. But I don't see this being even close to that and once you get yours in hand you will see. Just how incredible it is. Laters man. I should be at the beach instead of typing. Surfs good no ones home!!! PEACE!

The fact that I need to justify my comment is outrageous, you really need to go back and start from the beginning to get the idea of this guy. But you have free will, you do what you want. But this is my last comment on this guy.

Sure... I need to chill. However, first you might want to see my first comment before you judge what I said in return. Seeing as my comment had nothing to do with him or his son. I don't feel the need for pity or use a comment to go with something that completely had nothing to do with his son to get people on his side. But since we need to play the personal game and act like high schoolers. I guess Ill start. Court is in session lol!!! First and foremost.

I was in the military I lost a brother 2 years apart countless of friends an uncle both grandparents and my grand father in a time frame of two years. Yet the guy said and I quote " I don't care about what you did in the military." Before I even said anything about the breeding comment. Now I can be a child and interpret it like he did and say I lost my brother and friends who served with me while in the military. But Im a bigger person and do not need to stoop to his games and I don't feel the need to make everything about me, especially on a statue forum. It's not necessary. Si basically, he did the same thing to me first. But this is so stupid. Im sitting here laughing.

First, the comment, he used it to his advantage. It had nothing to do with his Son. I don't know this guy at all. Second the comment was a joke to begin with and he knew that with me putting LOL. Third, this is a forum I never brought up anything personal it was about the statue. However, since somehow this **** came back on me for some reason. Which makes absolute no sense at all. Of course I feel empathy for someone who lost a family member. I am not heartless.

But I have empathy but not toward people who go looking for it. If he did lose a son of course he has my condolences. It was never regarded toward that. But sociopaths used comments like this and run with it. But whatever, this has got to be the stupidest thing I am defending. Maybe we can all get on with our lives now. Since this guy (the troll) not you, decided to come here in the first place and ruin the vibe.

Im done with this BS, you want to buddy buddy with guy go for it. Hes all yours. Save me the hassle from hearing from him. Now can we get back to the statue!!!
I am sorry for your losses as well...Last year I lost 3 family members myself,it is a tough thing to deal with. I'm not buddy buddying with anyone here just tired of all the arguing. Dude made a comment about this piece not being up to his standards which is fine and the paint being mediocre I completely disagree with it's spectacular imo. Point is we should all just take a breather and continue on with discussing this piece. I'm in the process of getting some pics I'll share soon as well as my thoughts on this,my first Jungle Hunter and Prime 1 statue. Have a good one everyone.

This thread makes me want to rip my own eyeballs out.

So, how was the statue?...
Love it. Few minor nits. One of my shoulder quills were broke in transit. But was an easy fix. The paint is a bit dark from the upper mouth through out the forehead. Wish it was more like the color of the mandibles and chin area. Also one of my dreads had popped out of place when I was changing the portraits. Another easy fix with glue though.

I might look at sending one of the unmasked to a painter at some point just to see how it'll look with the correct paint up.

Out of the four portraits my favorite is the closed mouth followed by the movie bio. The Gort mask I have zero interest in.

I'm planning to add that sweat look to mine as well and drool effect.

The overall presentation is crazy awesome. I'm blown away really. I can't stop looking at it. Really looking forward to the victim to round out the full display.

I am sorry for your losses as well...Last year I lost 3 family members myself,it is a tough thing to deal with. I'm not buddy buddying with anyone here just tired of all the arguing. Dude made a comment about this piece not being up to his standards which is fine and the paint being mediocre I completely disagree with it's spectacular imo. Point is we should all just take a breather and continue on with discussing this piece. I'm in the process of getting some pics I'll share soon as well as my thoughts on this,my first Jungle Hunter and Prime 1 statue. Have a good one everyone.
Good now we can talk about the statue. Yes no statue is perfect. But the main thing is that the sculpt is. the paint is flat in many areas. That I agree. I don't want to talk about that dude anymore. But one last thing was that he went from saying all these things need to be fixed then was like is an amazing statue. So, everything he was saying was contradicted. Its fine to disagree. We all do it. but when pple get personal, my military and PTSD kick in. I agree, I probably could have gone about it differently. Moving on. The things I noticed first was the flat paint. Other than that I do not notice much else. I mean having the old ss maqquette boy that is out dated and now it makes the CM in my opinion look outdated. People love that statue, I did too but with time and better sculpts this one tops it. Again, my opinion. But only after I had to fix it.

It isn't about the people you lose, we never forget them. But its how you move forward. I was a drug addict for years. Had a Near death experience. Anyways, I just wanted to straighten that out with you. Not that we had a problem. But anyways, some had issues with other things on the statue. Fortunately, just flat paint for me. So, let me know how yours turned out.

This thread makes me want to rip my own eyeballs out.

So, how was the statue?...
My bad, sometimes you can take the boy out of the military but you can't take the military out of the boy. Meaning it wasn't the disagreement of the statue. its when personal attacks on me. I will fight back. SO I do apologize for anyone that had to put up with that. I own it.

Love it. Few minor nits. One of my shoulder quills were broke in transit. But was an easy fix. The paint is a bit dark from the upper mouth through out the forehead. Wish it was more like the color of the mandibles and chin area. Also one of my dreads had popped out of place when I was changing the portraits. Another easy fix with glue though.

I might look at sending one of the unmasked to a painter at some point just to see how it'll look with the correct paint up.

Out of the four portraits my favorite is the closed mouth followed by the movie bio. The Gort mask I have zero interest in.

I'm planning to add that sweat look to mine as well and drool effect.

The overall presentation is crazy awesome. I'm blown away really. I can't stop looking at it. Really looking forward to the victim to round out the full display.
Hey man great you got yours going, ya I plan on spending next week doing the body with the sweat look. That is the hard part. Then the base. The rocks are a bit flat. But I do apologize to you as well for reading all that bs. Wasn't my intention. When someone attacks me, I go into predator mode LOL. The statue looks great though. Let me know, what you apply on it. The stuff I used to use is on back order. Man I loved it. But I found a new one that is white and does the same thing. But dries a lot slower. Well take care bud.

The paint app is actually really good IMO. The way some people were carrying on, I was expecting it to be rubbish in person, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The issue I have is that the skin tone is wrong. Whilst the actual paint quality looks pretty good, the skin tone has more of a beige look to it as can be seen in pics. I think this varies a bit from piece to piece, as my one didn't look as dark as some others I've seen. This doesn't really bother me as I still think it looks great and it still obviously looks like the Jungle Hunter, but it might bother some people.

Also the armor paint looks great. In some photos, it looked flat silver, but in person it has really nice detail and weathering to it.

I just think they did a great job overall with this. Its not as good as the prototype, and I actually think the base is lacking in paint app more than the Pred himself, but the sculpt remains the same which is the most important thing to me.

Seeing this in-hand, I'm pretty content with this and don't feel tempted by the 1:3.

The paint app is actually really good IMO. The way some people were carrying on, I was expecting it to be rubbish in person, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The issue I have is that the skin tone is wrong. Whilst the actual paint quality looks pretty good, the skin tone has more of a beige look to it as can be seen in pics. I think this varies a bit from piece to piece, as my one didn't look as dark as some others I've seen. This doesn't really bother me as I still think it looks great and it still obviously looks like the Jungle Hunter, but it might bother some people.

Also the armor paint looks great. In some photos, it looked flat silver, but in person it has really nice detail and weathering to it.

I just think they did a great job overall with this. Its not as good as the prototype, and I actually think the base is lacking in paint app more than the Pred himself, but the sculpt remains the same which is the most important thing to me.

Seeing this in-hand, I'm pretty content with this and don't feel tempted by the 1:3.
Ya my biggest issue is the base paint app. That will get touched up for sure.

Whilst some may disagree but imo Prime 1 is still just about the best company out there when it comes to sculpturing polystone statues, as evident with this 1/4 JH, the sculpt is incredible and nothing in the current market comes close. I would love to see this one in person, it has many different viewing angles and I'm sure even after months of viewing, you'll see things that you didn't see before. I'm more of a museum pose man, but the pose on this one is close to life like, it has a fluidity that no other predator statue in the current market has (the infinity studio 1/4 CH comes to mind, but this one still has more of a Kevin Peter Hall vibe to it).

For the price and inclusions you get, and the size of this thing, pound for pound, it's the best predator statue money can buy right now. This statue is going to age like fine wine, congrats to all getting this, long wait but worth every second. Burtial, I'm waiting for your review of this and the victim piece, hope you get both soon!

Back