Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vhCs9uE.jpg

zSPzPu6.jpg

zGvZyKV.jpg

Jkoonel.jpg

T6kUHrA.jpg

sZQ1kIh.jpg

0zT90xe.jpg

9mCWxCf.jpg

rh4i64D.jpg

auEfwtG.jpg

QASJcYW.jpg

IO1oGjn.jpg

ukk0w9t.jpg

2i5w9Ob.jpg

XPf5Jh7.jpg

XJgYIb5.jpg

Spike and Python congratulations once again super happy for you guys and Python that Labrador Retriever looks stunning indeed. Clearly not a Predator fan though...

Spike, reading that post made me super happy! I'm glad I could help and that you're happy with this, I knew you would be!

Okay, I've had mine a week now, I've got over the frustrating setup which I think was mostly due to a few ill fitting parts on mine. And I have to say.... THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!

I absolutely love this statue! I can't believe how negative this thread was when this first started shipping now that I have this in hand. I realise a few people early on received bad examples with peeling and wonky decals and they are obviously an exception (Which I hope was resolved) But this statue is simply phenomenal in person! I'm so glad I re-ordered this while I still could. I'm lucky enough to have a few incredible statues in my collection, including the EX SWS maquette and the Prime 1 1/3 Big chap. This goes straight to the top of the list as the most impressive statue I own, only that Big chap really compares to it.

Now sure the scale is off and the paint could be better, but does anybody know of a factory produced JH painted better than this because I don't. I love the SWS to death, but over all I have to admit that this is a better statue in general. The SWS has better armour and a FAR superior bio mask, but this one is arguable more impressive in pretty much every other area and I do not say that lightly. The base on this is also just rammed full of visual stimulation and really makes the statue feel alive. Prime 1 are often guilty of over elaborate bases, but in this case it really does suit the statue and work well.

I only really have one real complaint with this thing, and that is the movie mask which isn't on par with the rest of the statue. The heavy texture they gave it, combined with the sculpted damage really changes the look. The Guardian mask was produced to a much higher standard in terms of looking how it should. Fortunately I really like the Guardian mask so I'm happy to use that mostly. If Prime 1 wish to offer the new improved bio from the 1/3 statue for this however, I'd happily purchase one! Any other complaints are minor, the quills could be better for example and I did prefer the original position of the heads. As mentioned before mine has a few branches which don't fit properly (I will fix them) And obviously the paint tones could be lighter. Although in person that isn't as noticeable really. The net full of skulls is infuriating to setup if you have big hands like me, I actually gave up! And the other three skulls rest loosely on the base, a magnet system would have been ideal there.

Over all any cons are far outweighed by the good. If anybody is on the fence about this, it gets a highly recommended stamp of approval from me. Get it while you still can from Secret compass...

Here's some absolute photo spam, featuring Merlin as scale in a couple. He's happy I promise, he's just a Labrador with a typical sad face as my attention wasn't fully on him for two minutes! Enjoy...

Spike and Python congratulations once again super happy for you guys and Python that Labrador Retriever looks stunning indeed. Clearly not a Predator fan though...

Thanks guys - appreciate it (and lols on the Lab - I know what they're like! - the family must have had about 15 or so over the years).

And to Matt - someone who has become a trusted e-friend over many years - thanks again for costing me over $3k CAD :lol

This currently sits at the very top of MY "likes" list too. Everything about it was cleverly thought out, and the combination of art-direction, design & size gives it a presence like nothing else in the collection my Son & I have built up over a period of SEVENTEEN years!

I wholeheartedly agree with pretty much everything you said (quills, head angle, branches, paint tones, magnets for skulls). I'm OK with the regular bio-mask though . . . so much so, that it's likely the display option I'll use most of the time. That surprised me because the closed-mandible portrait was the one that I assumed I'd like the most (and I do) - but it looks so friggin' menacing with the regular bio-mask.

One of my branches is a bit loose too (the longest one at the top/front) - resulting in a 0.5mm gap at the joint depending on how it's placed - it's not an accurately keyed piece so either the magnet should be a little stronger OR the socket should have been longer. That's now hidden with the foliage though.

The only other issue I had was the chest-level bone necklace that includes the crocodile-like skull. They had threaded all the skulls in the right order, but all their teeth faced outwards instead of inwards - so a 20 minute untie / slide off / re-thread / re-tie was required. I did whinge a bit doing that as the thread is like coiled coconut husk so the re-threading was not easy. Patience won out though - and it was practice for that blimmin' bag of skulls! :)

I'd also like to repeat my thanks to Matt for linking PRIME1's YouTube "assembly" vid - the build would have been almost impossible without it! (and PRIME1 did an amazing job on that as well as the statue itself).

And I'll add a final thanks to Shane from Secret Compass - who really came through on this for both Matt AND myself. Great guy to deal with.

There's no point me uploading photos of mine as those shots from Matt are impossible to beat - so I'll add a photo of the beers we shared during/after assembly. That was the last can of that Blood-Orange Hefeweizen until next season, so we saved it for a special occasion. This was worthy. And spot the dog on the rice lager :wink1: (amazing coincidence!)

image.png

Thank you for the kind words Spike, you're very welcome! I should have done what you did and sat down with a few drinks one evening, that looks like a way better and far more enjoyable way of tackling this one. Really glad you like it so much and I fully agree with you on how wonderful this thing is, I'm so glad I grabbed one as I almost didn't given that I have the 1/3 paid for. Speaking of, having this in hand has actually raised my confidence in Prime 1 to do a decent job of that. But if they do somehow mess it up, I won't mind having to cancel it so much now. This statue is plenty good enough to be THE main Jungle Hunter in my collection.

Python that Labrador Retriever looks stunning indeed. Clearly not a Predator fan though...

Thanks guys - appreciate it (and lols on the Lab - I know what they're like! - the family must have had about 15 or so over the years).

Oh thank you guys, he's an absolute beauty I know, I got lucky with him (Well I didn't, I took my time to find the right one and paid a fortune lol) He's by far the smartest dog I've "owned" But he's also by far the most difficult. He's unbelievably strong willed, stubborn, and needy with me! Although he has only just turned one year old so we're still very much working on that. We'll get there.

HdpT6UZ.jpg

Aren't these boards great places to be when we all have something to mutually enjoy... :hi5:

Hell yeah!
It's great to be positive about something that (after all) is supposed to distract folks from the trials & tribulations of occasional real-life chaos :family

Yes Spike!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you love it. That’s some high praise you have given it.

I have been collecting for over 15 years and this is my #1 piece in terms of all around greatness. Sculpt, base, size, it’s all perfect. Still not tired of looking at it.

You gotta get Pumpkinhead now ;) :lol

Yes Spike!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you love it. That’s some high praise you have given it.

I have been collecting for over 15 years and this is my #1 piece in terms of all around greatness. Sculpt, base, size, it’s all perfect. Still not tired of looking at it.

You gotta get Pumpkinhead now ;) :lol

Cheers bud - YOUR comments (along with Matt's recommendations) were the other MAIN reason I went for this - as with Matt I trust your opinion.

And yeah - the "unusual" size really adds something on this - it's a shame their "wall art" P2 wasn't done to this scale as that would have tipped me over the edge on THAT.

LOL - on the Pumpkinhead - I may yet still cave.

I'm now re-chasing the PRIME1 "Sengoku" Pred I've been admiring since that was announced a couple of years back. I'm after the EX (with the 3rd COMPLETELY unmasked head sculpt). PRIME1 still have it in stock, but I REFUSE to deal directly with them. I'm trying to get Shane at Secret Compass (since he was so helpful with THIS) to get another one in for me (they sold out some time back), but I'm getting the impression he can't. Ah well - can't win 'em all :)

Terrific pictures Python!!

Thank you!!

it's a shame their "wall art" P2 wasn't done to this scale as that would have tipped me over the edge on THAT.

As much as I love that City Hunter statue, I very much agree with you here. It would definitely be even more impressive if it were in scale with this.

Great to see fantastic pics and someone else in the uk picking this up from secret compass. I also managed to get two hunter victims to display with him. I have only just moved so unfortunately i have checked everything for damaged and reboxed until i get time to build a new star wars/predator display room.

Congrats @Heavy Metal Spike and @Python on your recent purchase of this piece. Better late than never :lol

It certainly has a wow factor to it, but it does have issues. Mine also had the loose branch at the front.
Something to keep in mind, have a GOOD look at your heads with a light. The decal is poorly applied on a lot of these and has a tendency to flake. You may not notice it upon normal viewing.

My open mouth had this that I didn't notice until a few days later. Mind you, its been a year, and I only just got my replacement head now, and they made it with no magnet...

waiting to see how they fix this now.

Congrats @Heavy Metal Spike and @Python on your recent purchase of this piece. Better late than never :lol

It certainly has a wow factor to it, but it does have issues. Mine also had the loose branch at the front.
Something to keep in mind, have a GOOD look at your heads with a light. The decal is poorly applied on a lot of these and has a tendency to flake. You may not notice it upon normal viewing.

My open mouth had this that I didn't notice until a few days later. Mind you, its been a year, and I only just got my replacement head now, and they made it with no magnet...

waiting to see how they fix this now.

1) Thanks bud - appreciate it (y)
2) That loose branch appears to be a common issue then. Easy fix/hide though.
3) As is normal after years of dealing with Sadshow, we went over every inch of every part with a fine-toothed-comb (cleverly disguised as a 1600 lumen bright-daylight bulb) - no issues.
4) Sorry to hear they took so long and STILL screwed up the replacement - I REALLY hope they eventually sort out a quality replacement for you.

It's a bit ironic that the QC for these, along with PRIME1's lack of honesty and their attitude towards customer service, is what delayed my purchase, and then I end up with something that is basically in as perfect a condition as you could hope for.

OH - and LMAO at the "better late than never" - you are SO right - it certainly took Matt & I long enough to get off our asses on this piece :lol

As much as I love that City Hunter statue, I very much agree with you here. It would definitely be even more impressive if it were in scale with this.

I STILL might cave (damn you! :) ) . . . especially if Shane CAN come through on that Sengoku Pred . . . I'd get them both at the same time.

1) Thanks bud - appreciate it (y)
2) That loose branch appears to be a common issue then. Easy fix/hide though.
3) As is normal after years of dealing with Sadshow, we went over every inch of every part with a fine-toothed-comb (cleverly disguised as a 1600 lumen bright-daylight bulb) - no issues.
4) Sorry to hear they took so long and STILL screwed up the replacement - I REALLY hope they eventually sort out a quality replacement for you.

It's a bit ironic that the QC for these, along with PRIME1's lack of honesty and their attitude towards customer service, is what delayed my purchase, and then I end up with something that is basically in as perfect a condition as you could hope for.

OH - and LMAO at the "better late than never" - you are SO right - it certainly took Matt & I long enough to get off our asses on this piece :lol

Thanks mate. They likely will, my issue is I'm going through a 3rd party retailer which just makes the process more painful.

What's confusing is that prime 1 said they had no spares, so I had to send mine back to my retailer and he shipped it back to prime 1 for repair, but they sent me a completely different head.

The whole experience has just been bad, so next time I'd rather go Prime 1 direct tbh as I heard people who went direct and needed replacement parts got sorted much quicker.

I still love the statue despite this bad experience as it's one of the most impressive statues I've seen. It's just let down with poor QC.

Hard to trust this company anymore.

. . . my issue is I'm going through a 3rd party retailer which just makes the process more painful . . . Hard to trust this company [PRIME1] anymore.

There's some irony there - I simply won't deal direct with PRIME1 as they have shown themselves to be dishonest, devious, and without honour, over and over again.

It was finding Secret Compass (through Matt) that eventually made me go for this. The QC is obviously still down to PRIME1, so I got lucky, but at least I know if I have issues going forward that I'm dealing with someone who I feel I can trust.

Back