Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW that Gort mask is exquisite looking indeed. How some people dislike it is beyond me...

I know, I don't get it either, it's beautiful and as much as I do love the final mask design from the movie, I think the guardian mask actually makes him more aggressive looking. Each to their own though of course, I'm just happy that Prime 1 are offering it to us as an option on their JH statues, I'll definitely be using it a lot!

Mine arrived and is all set up. I will say this as my first opinion, the setup on this is almost painful, it's unnecessarily complex. I have no idea what Prime 1 were smoking when they broke this down in to 15 million pieces (a good few of which are unnecessary) And then offered one sheet of paper with tiny images on showing you where it all goes. If they go a similar route with the 1/3, we'll have to book the week off of work to get it set up. That said my experience was probably made more infuriating by a few issues. A couple of branches don't key in where they should for example as two parts of the base are glued together slightly off from where they should be. I'm going to have to perform a bit of surgery on a few branches. A piece of the bloody skull simply doesn't fit either, so that will be glued in along with my one broken piece (Another branch)

The statue on the whole is large and impressive for sure! But is a bit of a mixed bag. Normally when I first receive a new statue, I love it at first and can't stop looking at it, then that dies down after a while. I suspect this one is going to be the other way around and I do think that is largely down to the very involved setup of it. Said setup not only leaves you a bit frustrated, but it also forces you to spend time examining basically every part of the statue which highlights minor flaws that you wouldn't usually notice.

So what I'm going to do is leave it a week and see how it grows on me (Or not) And then snap some pictures and share all of my thoughts when I've unwound from it a bit. I do think I'll come back soon with plenty of praise (Balanced out with a few cons)

Although initial thoughts are that over all it's impressive, the paint could most definitely be better but isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people would have you believe. The movie mask is poor as I was already aware of, but the Guardian mask looks great, as does the closed mandible mouth. Also it is not 1/4! I'll be back....
That’s sucks about the broken pieces and the pieces that don’t fit. Personally I had fun putting it together.

This piece has yet to grow old on me.

I see from other posts you are starting to love it now.

Congrats on this and great pics.

That’s sucks about the broken pieces and the pieces that don’t fit. Personally I had fun putting it together.

This piece has yet to grow old on me.

I see from other posts you are starting to love it now.

Congrats on this and great pics.

I do tend to like constructing things, I'm no stranger to the odd model kit. I think most of the frustration came from the miss-fitting pieces. It's definitely grown on me already, I like it quite a lot tbh. Although it isn't without its faults. What don't you like so much out of interest?

I do tend to like constructing things, I'm no stranger to the odd model kit. I think most of the frustration came from the miss-fitting pieces. It's definitely grown on me already, I like it quite a lot tbh. Although it isn't without its faults. What don't you like so much out of interest?
I think you misread my post. I did not write it very well either.

I said this piece has yet to grow OLD on me. Meaning I still love it. Its still my fav piece in my collection. Since having this I have gotten XM transformation hulk, XM gladiator Hulk, PCS Pumpkinhead, and Prime 1 Big Chap. I still come back to this and look at with awe.

I love all the swap outs, though I mostly stick with the movie mask or the open mouth versions.

That sucks that some of the pieces don't fit. Highly frustrating and silly.

I think you misread my post. I did not write it very well either.

I said this piece has yet to grow OLD on me. Meaning I still love it. Its still my fav piece in my collection. Since having this I have gotten XM transformation hulk, XM gladiator Hulk, PCS Pumpkinhead, and Prime 1 Big Chap. I still come back to this and look at with awe.

I love all the swap outs, though I mostly stick with the movie mask or the open mouth versions.

That sucks that some of the pieces don't fit. Highly frustrating and silly.

Doh, sorry! I did indeed miss-read your post. I was going to say I'm sure you've always posted positive things about it. Interesting that the two heads you stick with are the two I'll likely never use, always interesting to see how tastes differ. I mean now I think about it, I don't think I have any statues with more presence than this. The Prime 1 Big chap by a bit maybe, but that's just because it's such a graceful and eerie creature. Plus that's just a phenomenal statue in virtually every way so the fact that it's hard to even decide between these two should speak volumes. Yeah, I like it, I only wish the movie mask were more accurate.... Or that they would sell us the updated version of the mask from the 1/3 statue scaled down for this, I actually think that alone would elevate this already fantastic statue to an even higher level..

If the movie mask was accurate to the film I don’t think I would use any other head lol

I like the closed mouth but something is slightly off that it makes it not look like the film version. I do like using it if I use the spear.

Open mouth works better for me. Which is surprising cause I didn’t think it would.

I love big chap but the pose on this predator is perfect.

I know this may be hard to believe but I think I like the PCS Pumkinhead better than Big Chap also. Hard to say. I never want to part with any of them lol

If the movie mask was accurate to the film I don’t think I would use any other head lol

I like the closed mouth but something is slightly off that it makes it not look like the film version. I do like using it if I use the spear.

Open mouth works better for me. Which is surprising cause I didn’t think it would.

I love big chap but the pose on this predator is perfect.

I know this may be hard to believe but I think I like the PCS Pumkinhead better than Big Chap also. Hard to say. I never want to part with any of them lol

This is interesting, I didn't like the spear look, I tried it once and took it straight off lol. I think maybe it just looked strange on the JH to me, it may grow on me. I am a man of simple tastes however, my favourite setup by far is both empty hands (As much as I appreciate the switch outs) I haven't even fitted the open mouth head to the statue yet. I will play around with the various parts at the weekend though for sure, maybe I'll find another look I like. That Pumpkinhead looks great for sure, but I love the Prime 1 Big chap, if I can change only one thing it's be to have the head slightly more raised, I do think it would have looked more aggressive that way. Otherwise I love the pose and everything else... We're spoiled atm by great statues.

This is interesting, I didn't like the spear look, I tried it once and took it straight off lol. I think maybe it just looked strange on the JH to me, it may grow on me. I am a man of simple tastes however, my favourite setup by far is both empty hands (As much as I appreciate the switch outs) I haven't even fitted the open mouth head to the statue yet. I will play around with the various parts at the weekend though for sure, maybe I'll find another look I like. That Pumpkinhead looks great for sure, but I love the Prime 1 Big chap, if I can change only one thing it's be to have the head slightly more raised, I do think it would have looked more aggressive that way. Otherwise I love the pose and everything else... We're spoiled atm by great statues.
Oh I don’t use the spear anymore.

Pretty must it’s jut the spine and one of the two heads I already mentioned.

I like the spine more than the open hand as it adds some color.

Oh man I know the feeling. It wasn't too bad on this one, I think the second box was held by customs, it came about 5 days later. My 1/3 Big chap however was painful!! The first box arrived via UPS in about 4 days total. The second box was shipped via USPS and took around three weeks!! One of the downsides of collecting these bigger pieces I guess.

Only one of the two tracking numbers even worked when mine were shipped last month. That was the most stressful 6 days until I saw my doorbell when it was delivered and there were two boxes.

Oh man I know the feeling. It wasn't too bad on this one, I think the second box was held by customs, it came about 5 days later. My 1/3 Big chap however was painful!! The first box arrived via UPS in about 4 days total. The second box was shipped via USPS and took around three weeks!! One of the downsides of collecting these bigger pieces I guess.
Only one of the two tracking numbers even worked when mine were shipped last month. That was the most stressful 6 days until I saw my doorbell when it was delivered and there were two boxes.

I only ever got the 1 tracking number. Not sure how that works but I'm really not worried. System shows tracking as "Out for delivery" along with "Delivery Pending" . . . I've never seen the latter before so it may be their van was too full to bring it today.

I've waited 3 years for this - a bit longer isn't gonna hurt . . . other than me jumping up from my seat every time I hear a truck outside :p . . . the 1st one was left outside the garage rather than on the deck, so I don't want anyone getting tempted to run off with the 2nd 40lb box - that won't do ANYONE any good :lol

(* EDIT *) - JUST got an update email - "Item rescheduled for delivery next business day". So - we'll see :)

Last edited:

Well - box #2 of 2 arrived 30 minutes ago - both brown shipping cartons are in GREAT condition - barely a scratch (I love USPS & Canada Post).

My OCD kicked in straight away . . . the boxes are different sizes - oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

. . . but at least they are both the same edition number (#161 of 800 :banana ), with printing on the side of box 1 that states "PRIME1 STORE
EXCLUSIVE BONUS ITEM INSIDE", and signed by the Dalai Lama - so I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.​

Should probably find some time to unpack & check these over the weekend - fingers crossed the contents are in as good a condition as the shipping cartons :lol

I'm a bit like a kid in a candy store right now . . . it's taken my Son & I nearly 2 hours to put this together . . . and I'm trying my best not to swear (I quite rightly got picked up about that a few weeks back :oops: ) . . . not because of the time it's taken, but because this is perfect in every single way . . . no breakages, no QC issues, everything going together the way it's supposed to :panic: :panic: :panic:

I am SPEECHLESS that this is the 2nd high-end statue in a row that has turned up in IMMACULATE condition :thud:

Like Matt (Python), I'll post more later when I've calmed down, but suffice it to say I really appreciate the positive vibes I got here & elsewhere for this - it obviously helped with the karma gods :clap :yess: :duff

And to Matt (who was the one that FINALLY made me take the plunge on this) + JAWS, and so many others who have shared their thoughts on this over the years - a SINCERE thank-you !!!!!! :blissy :dance :bunnydanc :mexwave

image.png

Spike, reading that post made me super happy! I'm glad I could help and that you're happy with this, I knew you would be!

Okay, I've had mine a week now, I've got over the frustrating setup which I think was mostly due to a few ill fitting parts on mine. And I have to say.... THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!

I absolutely love this statue! I can't believe how negative this thread was when this first started shipping now that I have this in hand. I realise a few people early on received bad examples with peeling and wonky decals and they are obviously an exception (Which I hope was resolved) But this statue is simply phenomenal in person! I'm so glad I re-ordered this while I still could. I'm lucky enough to have a few incredible statues in my collection, including the EX SWS maquette and the Prime 1 1/3 Big chap. This goes straight to the top of the list as the most impressive statue I own, only that Big chap really compares to it.

Now sure the scale is off and the paint could be better, but does anybody know of a factory produced JH painted better than this because I don't. I love the SWS to death, but over all I have to admit that this is a better statue in general. The SWS has better armour and a FAR superior bio mask, but this one is arguable more impressive in pretty much every other area and I do not say that lightly. The base on this is also just rammed full of visual stimulation and really makes the statue feel alive. Prime 1 are often guilty of over elaborate bases, but in this case it really does suit the statue and work well.

I only really have one real complaint with this thing, and that is the movie mask which isn't on par with the rest of the statue. The heavy texture they gave it, combined with the sculpted damage really changes the look. The Guardian mask was produced to a much higher standard in terms of looking how it should. Fortunately I really like the Guardian mask so I'm happy to use that mostly. If Prime 1 wish to offer the new improved bio from the 1/3 statue for this however, I'd happily purchase one! Any other complaints are minor, the quills could be better for example and I did prefer the original position of the heads. As mentioned before mine has a few branches which don't fit properly (I will fix them) And obviously the paint tones could be lighter. Although in person that isn't as noticeable really. The net full of skulls is infuriating to setup if you have big hands like me, I actually gave up! And the other three skulls rest loosely on the base, a magnet system would have been ideal there.

Over all any cons are far outweighed by the good. If anybody is on the fence about this, it gets a highly recommended stamp of approval from me. Get it while you still can from Secret compass...

Here's some absolute photo spam, featuring Merlin as scale in a couple. He's happy I promise, he's just a Labrador with a typical sad face as my attention wasn't fully on him for two minutes! Enjoy...

dyDCfDU.jpg

y8UyXt8.jpg

37QiUgX.jpg

deOmFm2.jpg

LWWm1pU.jpg

Rw2vorR.jpg

1RaNBBo.jpg

GoulK6J.jpg

L0rqRkJ.jpg

HtjJ80A.jpg

4JmIRKE.jpg

7omR6tB.jpg