Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The City Hunter was an eye-opening experience in a number of ways:

- It sank my faith in Prime 1's paint and QC departments (well, many of their recent pieces are responsible for this)
- My unexpected willingness to address its problems myself (after a discount of course) affirmed how much I value the sculpt and pose versus other pieces out there
- I had the very visceral reaction upon opening it that anything bigger is beyond excessive for me. The upcoming 60-lb Big Chap will be a challenge to display, but the 100-lb 1/3 Jungle Hunter? Even if I have the space for it, it's a real mental hurdle to overcome. Seems a lot of statue and I can't shake the thought that it doesn't need to be.

In light of all this, I've got a question for you folks.

I don't want to cancel my 1/3 preorder just yet -- there's no advantage to doing so until the final product is revealed -- but how crazy would it be to procure the 1/4 Jungle Hunter after all and simply get him professionally repainted and renetted? My reasoning: the total price wouldn't be much more than what the 1/3 costs, it's got the superior pose, and realistically, it would be easier to display while still being quite massive (at its ~ 1/3.5 scale). Have I lost the plot to even be considering this?

- It sank my faith in Prime 1's paint and QC departments (well, many of their recent pieces are responsible for this)
- My unexpected willingness to address its problems myself (after a discount of course) affirmed how much I value the sculpt and pose versus other pieces out there
- I had the very visceral reaction upon opening it that anything bigger is beyond excessive for me. The upcoming 60-lb Big Chap will be a challenge to display, but the 100-lb 1/3 Jungle Hunter? Even if I have the space for it, it's a real mental hurdle to overcome. Seems a lot of statue and I can't shake the thought that it doesn't need to be.

I don't want to cancel my 1/3 preorder just yet -- there's no advantage to doing so until the final product is revealed -- but how crazy would it be to procure the 1/4 Jungle Hunter after all and simply get him professionally repainted and renetted? My reasoning: the total price wouldn't be much more than what the 1/3 costs, it's got the superior pose, and realistically, it would be easier to display while still being quite massive (at its ~ 1/3.5 scale). Have I lost the plot to even be considering this?

At the end of the day, something is worth to you what it's worth to you.

In my opinion, if there's a sculpt you really like, you are much better paying to get it repainted than paying for another sculpt you are not as keen on (and which may also have issues on delivery).

I preferred the Infinity Studios City Hunter to the PRIME1 piece, so am happy with my choice there, but the prospect of getting this 1:3.5 piece redone certainly appeals - it's an AMAZING sculpt & pose.

I think we'll see a lot of those 1:3's being cancelled as time goes by as the FOMO and hype dies down and the reality of the companies abilities (or lack thereof) sets in.

The challenge is going to be shipping the statue to a painter and back to you. That will cost you a lot. It's 2 large boxes.

I've seen this statue repainted and it did look amazing, although I'm not sure if he done the whole statue or just the heads. The factory job is still decent, it's just not as good as the prototype.

The challenge is going to be shipping the statue to a painter and back to you. That will cost you a lot. It's 2 large boxes.

I've seen this statue repainted and it did look amazing, although I'm not sure if he done the whole statue or just the heads. The factory job is still decent, it's just not as good as the prototype.
All I've seen is a WIP repaint over on Statue Forum. Wasn't entirely movie-accurate, but much cleaner with better contrast between the areas with spots and those without.

Think the most balanced approach would be wait until I know what the 1/3 looks like, then I can truly compare apples to apples. Don't think the aftermarket value of the 1/4 will change much in the next year, especially with his big brother on the way.

FB_IMG_1649733328829.jpg

FB_IMG_1649733350720.jpg

FB_IMG_1649733666216.jpg

FB_IMG_1649733634180.jpg

How many of you have added some gloss to your Predator heads? I know a few have done it, but I've never really seen decent photos tbh. would be cool to get some comparison pics. I'm tempted to do mine but worried I'll ruin it.

Secret Compass still has both the regular and deluxe listed on their website as being in stock, aswell as the Prime 1 Predator 2 City Hunter Wall Art statue......:)

Reached out to them to confirm they were indeed ready to ship and even got a nice little discount. Picked up a custom pedastal too and I only regret I didn’t pick this guy up sooner.

EB82D2FE-DC9D-43B7-B9C1-B81F20873771.jpeg

Oh man, is it weird that my 1/3 JH is now mostly paid off, and yet I've found myself looking at this again. I think SC have sold all of their DX's now, probably for the best or I may have inquired... I do wish they had offered the updated bio for this one though.

Oh man, is it weird that my 1/3 JH is now mostly paid off, and yet I've found myself looking at this again.
The thought's crossed my mind a few times, but it would take too much to make this piece feel "right" again.

I've been looking more at the SWS maquette. Will probably pick it up and get it repainted if the 1/3 turns out to be a dud.

Reached out to them to confirm they were indeed ready to ship and even got a nice little discount. Picked up a custom pedastal too and I only regret I didn’t pick this guy up sooner.

Nice! - congrats.

I keep getting re-tempted myself (for this AND their Samurai Pred), then sanity (and shipping costs) calm me down :)

The thought's crossed my mind a few times, but it would take too much to make this piece feel "right" again.

I've been looking more at the SWS maquette. Will probably pick it up and get it repainted if the 1/3 turns out to be a dud.

I have the SWS, can't really recommend it enough, it's amazing despite its age.

lTmG74j.jpg

wTsku8z.jpg

Back