Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well that was (nearly) unfortunate:

1) Over a week since I got this, and, still enamoured, I turn round to look at it, and exclaim "Hello gorgeous!"
2) Wife was just round the corner - thinks I was talking about her, and says "Ah - thanks sweetie".​
3) Realising it's best I take the "win", I turn back to my monitor and say nothing further.​

Discretion is the better part of valour collecting . . . :naughty

There's some irony there - I simply won't deal direct with PRIME1 as they have shown themselves to be dishonest, devious, and without honour, over and over again.

It was finding Secret Compass (through Matt) that eventually made me go for this. The QC is obviously still down to PRIME1, so I got lucky, but at least I know if I have issues going forward that I'm dealing with someone who I feel I can trust.

I'm dealing with a 3rd party retailer now. Unsure what the experience is like for others, but with these guys, they simply send your faulty part to prime 1 and log an RMA on your behalf, so to me it seems pointless. Might as well go direct and cut out the middle man.

So, I've had mine for a couple of months now and decided to swap out the helmet head for the open mouth head. A few tiny bits of the paint (decals?) on the forehead started rubbing away as I was putting the head on the body. I then noticed a tiny bit of packing foam on the head and I sprayed some air duster at it. Well, the foam blew away but so did some more specs of paint!

Fortunately, I was able to whip up some paint and match the color of the missing brown bits. At least I don't have white polystone glaring at me anymore. I'm disappointed that this happened during a simple head swap. And I've never seen air duster damage a statue before.

I feel like someone in this thread a while back talked about how to seal paint. Can somebody please give me a refresher on that?
I just need to put some mod podge on the head, is that correct?

And does anyone have a tutorial of someone actually applying mod podge to a collectible statue for reference?

I've never used it before. Thanks in advance.

I just need to put some mod podge on the head, is that correct?

And does anyone have a tutorial of someone actually applying mod podge to a collectible statue for reference?

I've never used it before. Thanks in advance.

Found this tutorial for anyone else looking

I just recommend not letting it get too thick on any one part.

I painted the closed mouth head with Mod Podge Gloss. Thinking I might paint the open mouth head with Mod Podge Matte and decide which one I like better.

Found this tutorial for anyone else looking

I just recommend not letting it get too thick on any one part.

I painted the closed mouth head with Mod Podge Gloss. Thinking I might paint the open mouth head with Mod Podge Matte and decide which one I like better.

I'm sure we'd all love to see the difference (before + gloss + matt) when you are done.

Thanks for sharing (y)

Here’s some before and after shots for Mod Podge Gloss. Really makes the statue come alive.

I just recommend being careful around the quills as it can dry with a white film on those. If you happen to make that mistake, I found a Sharpie works just fine for restoring the color.

Attachments

• E779A13E-6079-4BB1-81F0-2D658AB3DDE7.jpeg
    E779A13E-6079-4BB1-81F0-2D658AB3DDE7.jpeg
    948.5 KB · Views: 0
And remember, the Mod Podge helps seal in the decals, so you don’t have to worry about the paint or detail flaking off.

Here’s some before and after shots for Mod Podge Gloss. Really makes the statue come alive.

I just recommend being careful around the quills as it can dry with a white film on those. If you happen to make that mistake, I found a Sharpie works just fine for restoring the color.

REALLY appreciate the share - thanks!

That looks like night and day - MUCH better with the touch-ups (aren't we all :naughty )

Thanks for that. I had totally forgotten to do mine. I even had bought the Mod Podge Gloss a week after I got mine. Looks a lot better!

Yeah I should probably do the same, I keep forgetting as mine is usually masked. I still love this thing. It's the only statue I actually go out of my way to just come and look at. So much so that I've just ordered a round stand for it, I'm actually going to put this in the living room for a while. I never usually have any of these things outside my games room. But this one is just so damn impressive....

Back