Statue Prime 1: Batman Hush - Batcave Edition 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I much prefer this in Black.
I hear a lot of people say it's not 100% true to the HUSH storyline.....however Jim Lee drew Batman in black too, and if you just want a Black Jim Lee Batman this is perfection.

I've always though that the blue version was contender for best Batman statue ever, but I also always thought the Fabok piece would give it serious competition. We will see when that arrives.

However, it's all subjective, and the best will always be dictated by the favourite art style or favourite storyline to each individual.

I thought I would like Batman Batcave in black, but I didn't expect how much I would love it.

I cancelled my initial order of the blue because I just wasn't sure about the tone of blue. I later re-ordered it because I liked the sculpt, but again cancelled after seeing the bright colour in videos.
It just felt a little too bright to me.

Now with this Black version, for me, I think it is the best Batman statue ever made.
It doesn't bother me that there is no bandaged head as that's connected to the HUSH storyline, and it's likely I never would have displayed it.

This dark shadowy rendition is now my perfect Jim Lee Batman.
Agreed, the black and grey looks perfect IMO

Have had mine on pre order from BBTS since October with no news on when it will arrive.. can’t wait to have this piece. Wonder what other peoples experience has been on this with pre orders

There are a few annoyances I have with this piece. The head seam is very noticeable, his groin area looks off where the legs meet, and I'm just not a fan of the base. If he were positioned in the middle of a simpler batcave base I think it would have looked better, it's not symmetrical. In a perfect world I'd get it, but I can only have one 1/3rd comic Batman in the collection, so I think I'll probably go with the Fabok Bats vs Joker.

I recently ordered the black version. This will be one of my very few (if not only) 1/3 scale statues. I think it looks incredible. I've never seen a 1/3 in person...so I'll probably be shocked when it arrives.

I think this piece is the best Batman bar none. Also think blue is the way to go. It serves to contrast better with the bats. The blue they used is perfection. In fact both 1/4 and 1/3 Batman statues that Prime 1 made are the best in their respective scales.

x7aMeJQ.jpg

There are a few annoyances I have with this piece. The head seam is very noticeable, his groin area looks off where the legs meet, and I'm just not a fan of the base. If he were positioned in the middle of a simpler batcave base I think it would have looked better, it's not symmetrical. In a perfect world I'd get it, but I can only have one 1/3rd comic Batman in the collection, so I think I'll probably go with the Fabok Bats vs Joker.
Fair enough, I think those issues are only apparent if you look for them/are pointed out, am guessing the neck seam looks better on the black version

Fair enough, I think those issues are only apparent if you look for them/are pointed out, am guessing the neck seam looks better on the black version
Some portraits have more natural neck seams than others. The regular and Bruce portraits are best on mine. This is going to be a case by case situation on each individual statue.

So, I had the black version on pre-order. I talked myself into it based on the blue versions being sold out...plus being limited to 500 was nice. But deep down I liked the blue a little better. Low and behold they delayed the black version and suddenly had more blue versions in stock! When they delayed the black version they also sent me a 15% off coupon. I canceled the black (with no penalty) and ordered the blue with 15% off...and it just shipped!

So, I had the black version on pre-order. I talked myself into it based on the blue versions being sold out...plus being limited to 500 was nice. But deep down I liked the blue a little better. Low and behold they delayed the black version and suddenly had more blue versions in stock! When they delayed the black version they also sent me a 15% off coupon. I canceled the black (with no penalty) and ordered the blue with 15% off...and it just shipped!
I like it when a plan comes together! Congrats and post pics

Back