Prime 1 - AVP Predator(s) 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping they add more unmasked sculpts to Scar. The one they've provided despite being accurate to the film is very static and is easily the worst look they could've chosen. Hoping to see these two as either DX heads or on a bust.
View attachment 616334View attachment 616335
alien vs predator GIF

Seeing these 3 previewed reminds just how awful I think the AVP Preds look. Just bodybuilders in suits IMO. But if you like that look then these are definitely the definitive statues to get.
The AVP Preds aren't in the same league as Jungle Hunter however nostalgia is a powerful drug (19 years since the films release) and I've come to really like the designs.

The AVP Preds aren't in the same league as Jungle Hunter however nostalgia is a powerful drug (19 years since the films release) and I've come to really like the designs.
Totally understand. I'm happy for you guys that look forward to these. I will look on with respect here as I do love the fact that we are getting so many sci-fi focused licenses these days. Ones that were so overlooked for so long.

I'm not a fan of the AVP predators design but I can't deny these are amazing statues and capture how they look in the movie very well! Really like Celtic's base as just the bed of skulls!

Can't wait to see more detailed photos when Prime 1 gets these up for pre-order

So far, I have the JH (limited closed-mouth) and CH busts on PO. I'm pre-ordering Scar, the dead Alien and AVP temple I can't pass up, then it's just Wolf and I'm done.

Hoping Prime 1 shows Wolf at Showcase X PT3.

I've also got a sneaky feeling they'll do a Engineer afterwards

Last edited:
I do want Scar depending on price and if I can find a space, wasn't planning on any other huge statues besides Jungle Hunter. But seeing this look is so good, I think I'd go for masked, wristblades rather than spear and shurikan

Attachments

• Prime 1 AVP 11.jpg
    Prime 1 AVP 11.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I'm dreading the price range lol. Mask all the way, the blades and spear I would have to see, but the shuriken stays put in line with the dead Alien scene.

I love the designs of the armor and helmets. I'd rather see a Predator in a suit of armor, than a loincloth, IMO. Now, the faces are ugly as sin. My least favorite Predator facial design, easily.

Me too. Armour on a Predator looks way cooler than without it. And I also agree with the face portrait. Hopefully, they change it to the one when he saw the Alien Queen. I gotta say, the classic Predator in Predators with the yellowish face was a good design which is often overlooked.

New pics.

I doubt I'll be picking these up (unless they make busts, which is unlikely), but I dig how they approached these. After re-watching the film and reading ADI's book, I think Prime 1 idealized the body proportions a bit by making them taller and adding more muscle definition. Despite this, they still feel appropriately heavy because the armor was done correctly. Big, wide shoulders, chest armor that completely covers the pecs, bulbous shin armor that tapers to a narrow ankle, and a wide codpiece that drapes below the tops of the boots (something Hot Toys didn't do).

In short, these cut a more elegant silhouette than their film counterparts, but they're still bulky and strong compared to the other Predators in the series. Best looking AVP Predator collectibles in any scale, any format IMO.

1687710293058.png

1687709970018.png

1687709979994.png

1687709996110.png

1687710007347.png

1687710016966.png

1687710024667.png

1687710033329.png

1687710041801.png

1687710050379.png

1687710059101.png

1687710070364.png

1687710076866.png

1687710083772.png

1687710092168.png

1687710100667.png

Last edited:
New pics.

I doubt I'll be picking these up (unless they make busts, which is unlikely), but I dig how they approached these. After re-watching the film and reading ADI's book, I think Prime 1 idealized the body proportions a bit by making them taller and adding more muscle definition. Despite this, they still feel appropriately heavy because the armor was done correctly. Big, wide shoulders, chest armor that completely covers the pecs, bulbous shin armor that tapers to a narrow ankle, and a wide codpiece that drapes below the tops of the boots (something Hot Toys didn't do).

In short, these cut a more elegant silhouette than their film counterparts, but they're still bulky and strong compared to the other Predators in the series. Best looking AVP Predator collectibles in any scale, any format IMO.

Agree with you 100% - these look truly amazing - congrats to the art directors & sculptors!

Shame about the scale though :lol

Thanks for sharing the pics bud! :hi5:

New pics.

View attachment 646676

View attachment 646657

View attachment 646658

View attachment 646659

View attachment 646660

View attachment 646661

View attachment 646662

View attachment 646663

View attachment 646664

View attachment 646665

View attachment 646666

View attachment 646667

View attachment 646668

View attachment 646669

View attachment 646670

View attachment 646671
Agree with what you said. The scale does bother me a little, but the sheer craftsmanship of it blows me away. I'm getting Scar for sure.

New pics.

View attachment 646676

View attachment 646657

View attachment 646658

View attachment 646659

View attachment 646660

View attachment 646661

View attachment 646662

View attachment 646663

View attachment 646664

View attachment 646665

View attachment 646666

View attachment 646667