Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I'd like a standing warrior (Almost museum pose) I really like the crouching one from that dio, I'd happily grab that one alone.
This can be bought only together. Or you have someone who wants the other half. :) It’s meant to show them more intelligent than just cannon fodder. One is coming at you while the other one is watching you in cold blood knowing you are f***ed. :D

Yep. I like the crouching one. The other one is just meh.
The standing one is based more or less on this movie still.

Attachments

• B68EC28C-7B7A-410D-9C4D-F73BA7DA6343.jpeg
    B68EC28C-7B7A-410D-9C4D-F73BA7DA6343.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 19
I like what the upper body is doing on the standing one, be nice if it were turning a bit like in that movie still.

Biggest issue for me is the sculpt not being film-accurate. It's certainly nicer than Sideshow's recent attempts, but still stylized.

I like what the upper body is doing on the standing one, be nice if it were turning a bit like in that movie still.

Biggest issue for me is the sculpt not being film-accurate. It's certainly nicer than Sideshow's recent attempts, but still stylized.
Its the same as with Prime 1. You have to take some liberties, but try to stay as close as possible. Stunt suit has a different count of ribs compared to the hero animatronic, something is not really visible on pics or looks odd and so on.

And somehow that movie still looks so much better.
Think if you would see him all lit and not like here in the shadows you wouldn’t like what you see. Especially if you know how the stunt suits looked like. No problem if you don’t like the piece, Im not here to defend it. :)

I think this still looks epic but I just prefer the dog and big chap as designs. I ve only just realised it has 2 tongue options which did increase my interest but the base is just too big for me to commit to 3

Attachments

• pmdhal-02dx_a14_1_2100x.jpg
    pmdhal-02dx_a14_1_2100x.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 43
  • pmdhal-02dx_a01_03-02_2100x.jpg
    pmdhal-02dx_a01_03-02_2100x.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 17.09.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 17.09.14.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 40
1653415494938.png

EDIT: Updating this post because Prime 1's photos were a bit confusing at first. They posted two new sets of measurements. The one with a seemingly unimpressive reduction (above) was measured diagonally, with the corner of the base facing forward.

The following are the measurements for a head-on display and the difference is indeed substantial:

1653415035265.png

ANOTHER EDIT:

I think Prime 1's website measurements (from two years ago) were the diagonal ones, because they match what's in that first image. And there are no "before" dimensions for the second image. So maybe they did reduce the size of the base ever so slightly, but the biggest "change" comes from simply correcting the angle from which the measurements were taken.

In other words, this statue was always smaller than we thought. They just measured incorrectly to begin with.

...I knew it. I fooking KNEW there was no way the width could be greater than the height. And they had the nerve to tell me I was wrong when I asked. :lol

Last edited:
While I'm glad the footprint for this is more manageable, it's a bummer that it's still only 67cm tall. That's a great height for a collectible in general, but too small next to the 1/3 Jungle Hunter and too big next to the 1/4 Ripley. The oversized 1/4 Big Game would've been the perfect companion if the paint wasn't so bad.

I suppose I could treat this as a standalone piece, but for me to do that, I'd have to love everything about it and I don't. The base is still too big for a bipedal character and the pose isn't my favorite. Unless the full statue blows me away in person, I'll keep the open-mouthed bust and sell the rest.

It's a shame to pass up a great sculpt, especially when we've had years of subpar sculpts for these characters. Prime 1 have set a new standard for accuracy. Hopefully other companies will rise to meet it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone noticed or not, but them made a lot of sculpt updates as well. all of which I like and see as an improvement.

The acid burn looks much better now! Nice of Prime 1 to actually listen also, I'm surprised after so long into production. But they really haven't removed enough to make me consider buying it, the base is still way too big.

View attachment 578874

EDIT: Updating this post because Prime 1's photos were a bit confusing at first. They posted two new sets of measurements. The one with a seemingly unimpressive reduction (above) was measured diagonally, with the corner of the base facing forward.

The following are the measurements for a head-on display and the difference is indeed substantial:

View attachment 578871

ANOTHER EDIT:

I think Prime 1's website measurements (from two years ago) were the diagonal ones, because they match what's in that first image. And there are no "before" dimensions for the second image. So maybe they did reduce the size of the base ever so slightly, but the biggest "change" comes from simply correcting the angle from which the measurements were taken.

In other words, this statue was always smaller than we thought. They just measured incorrectly to begin with.

...I knew it. I fooking KNEW there was no way the width could be greater than the height. And they had the nerve to tell me I was wrong when I asked. :lol
I always suspected it was measured diagonally because it just never made sense that it would be 30" wide straight on. Just looking at the picture made it clear that that was impossible when you look at the height vs width. 23.25" wide x 25.5" deep actually isn't terrible considering.

I'm keeping an interest and an eye on this piece....

What is everyone's thoughts on the blue tint on this piece? Do you prefer your Alien warriors to have a blueish tint or do you prefer it be more brown like they actually were in real life and were in certain scenes which omitted the blue light?

I prefer some blue on my Warriors because it sets them apart from the other Alien designs. If I'm being honest though, I think CP's last prototype did it best:

1654877241817.png

You get the blues, you get the yellows, but they're used as highlights rather than an overall tint.

I prefer some blue on my Warriors because it sets them apart from the other Alien designs. If I'm being honest though, I think CP's last prototype did it best:

You get the blues, you get the yellows, but they're used as highlights rather than an overall tint.
That paint looks good, but if it's anything like their busts it won't look anything like that in hand.

Back