Prime 1 - Alien Warrior 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer some blue on my Warriors because it sets them apart from the other Alien designs. If I'm being honest though, I think CP's last prototype did it best:

View attachment 582421

You get the blues, you get the yellows, but they're used as highlights rather than an overall tint.
I have to agree with you. I really do like that paint, pose, and overall design better here. I would buy that piece in a heartbeat if it was in production and looked like that. Was this 1/3 or 1/4? edit: found it as 1/3

I do think that the pictures from P1's site don't do their piece any favors though as everything gets a bit muddled together with the base and background piece. I bet it displays much, much better in real life since the 2D camera lens can't differentiate between the figure and base as much as our eyes can and for pieces with a lot going on that makes a big difference.

I have to agree with you. I really do like that paint, pose, and overall design better here. I would buy that piece in a heartbeat if it was in production and looked like that. Was this 1/3 or 1/4?
The CP was 1/3 as well. 4" taller than the Prime 1 due to the pose and base.

Still small compared to the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, but it would've "felt" better next to it. Sigh...

The CP was 1/3 as well. 4" taller than the Prime 1 due to the pose and base.

Still small compared to the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, but it would've "felt" better next to it. Sigh...
I tend to forget how tall the 1/3 JH is actually going to be: 90cm! My museum Big Chap is only 88 and he's standing straight up and the Predator is standing in a wide stance with knees slightly bent. Good lord.

Obviously those measurements are with the base included and we don't know how tall the JH base will be in comparison to the Alien piece, but I can't imagine it being too much thicker than the Alien base.

I had already paid in full for the CP Alien Warrior. Then CoolProps suddenly cancelled the friggin thing. Sideshow did reimburse me every penny. But I was so bummed out. Supposedly CoolProps will still sell it in Asia. But at this point, I’m done with CoolProps forever. What a shiat company. They take years to make a statue and most of the time they disappoint. I will never ever do business with them again. RIP CoolProps.

I had already paid in full for the CP Alien Warrior. Then CoolProps suddenly cancelled the friggin thing. Sideshow did reimburse me every penny. But I was so bummed out. Supposedly CoolProps will still sell it in Asia. But at this point, I’m done with CoolProps forever. What a shiat company. They take years to make a statue and most of the time they disappoint. I will never ever do business with them again. RIP CoolProps.
I spoke to a CP representative at Monsterpalooza last weekend. Their Facebook posts made it sound like Sideshow cancelled international distribution of the Warrior, so a lot of us inferred it might still be released in Japan directly.

Apparently that's not the case, the project is completely cancelled. The rep didn't say anything about them not being able to meet a deadline, she made it sound more like Disney revoked or changed the licensing agreement once the transition of rights was finalized. Speculating here, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is why we haven't heard anything from Infinity Studios regarding their Jungle Hunter.

Well, whether it was Sideshow, deadlines, Disney, etc…it’s dead in the water. Thanks for the extensive info.

I personally thought that CP Warrior looked much better than the Prime 1 Warrior. Although the Prime 1 production pieces should at least resemble what you order, CP were hit and miss in that regard...

I decided I want this piece in the collection and have figured out a place to put him. Silly me, but oh well. I guess I'll also be getting Ripley too.

edit: :lol laugh all you want, I just can't stop thinking about this piece for some reason

Last edited:
I decided I want this piece in the collection and have figured out a place to put him. Silly me, but oh well. I guess I'll also be getting Ripley too.

edit: :lol laugh all you want, I just can't stop thinking about this piece for some reason
Because it looks great that’s why you can’t stop thinking about it lol

I ve decided I have no space for my alien big chap (with wall). I think im only gonna collect the busts from now on. Are there any UK prime 1 Alien warrior buyers that is wiling to swap the closed mouth Warrior bust for a perfect complete boxed Alien big chap statue with open mouth portrait & wall?

Those numbers are low. But if P1 is true to form, these will arrive damaged with no replacements for customers, and then shortly after that (about 6 months) they will re-release the same piece.
With a smaller base, too.

lol, I can't argue with that even though I do have it on order with them. Pray for me folks! :duh

Ha, with that said I do think this will be a stunning piece should everything go as planned.

This could really use a repose, IMO. At the moment, all I'm interested in is the bust. And possibly one of the eggs to place on the Big Chap reissue's base if I get it.

Well, since the CoolProps is dead in the water, I went ahead and preordered the P1 Alien Warrior. The regular version. I have the Queen Studios Alien bust on preorder as well, and didn’t want to spend an additional $300 for the Warrior DX. Close mouth is fine by me.

This will complete my P1 Alien Trinity, Big Chap, Warrior, and Dog.

On FB someone posted first in hand pictures. Didn´t even get a sent notice by now (Europe in my case).

Anyone else ordered that one? Either States or EU. Thanks.

Back