Present Toys SP22 1/6 Scale Killer Mike (Ehrmantraut)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Mars Toys Walter good?

To be honest - yeah, really good in fact.

Here is a link to a video review by Justin's Collection (I don't really rate his opinion too highly, everything seems to be fan-tastic to him, but his videos do give a nice clear view of things)

Yea I?m holding off on Mike. Just not right.

I did PO the Fring because I figured that I would wait for a better normal head sculpt and use this one for the Face off version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that idea of the two versions of Fring... you may have tempted me here.

Here is a link to a video review by Justin's Collection (I don't really rate his opinion too highly, everything seems to be fan-tastic to him, but his videos do give a nice clear view of things)

Thanks for that. No hat though? That was a major oversight.

May I ask what the PO price was for this?

I think alot of people support 3rd company figures because they are delivering what others can't and at quality.

3rd party companies have become a key part of the hobby and actually keep it alive. Imagine if all we had was hot toys just constant marvel stuff. :rotfl

Thanks for that. No hat though? That was a major oversight.

May I ask what the PO price was for this?

The omission of his iconic Pork Pie Hat is a complete balls up, If I knew how to go about having one commissioned I would do so.

The price was approx ?100 if my memory serves me right, he is still available at retail price on some websites - i think Toys Wonderland was where I got mine.

Third Party Reviews has a video up.

Breaking Bad Present Toys Killer mike 1/6 Scale Figure Unboxing and Review

I'm still on the fence about this figure. Not because of the quality or anything, it looks good; even if they cheaped out on the clothing details but more about whether I 'need' Mike in my Breaking Bad display. I've got Walter and Jesse already and planning on Gus Fring and Saul... This feels like one figure too many for me. I loved his story arc through both shows, mind, really great character. It's just that 'do I need a figure of him?' question I keep asking myself that keeps getting answered by an 'I don't know..'.

Also, it could be one of those deals where the lack of gimmicky accessories is at a minimum which I'm very aware has a large factor in my decision making process. Give me a character with a passing interest and an inordinant amount of character specific accessories and I'll be preordering faster than you can say 'When was the last time I actually watched that?'.

This is an exaggeration.. but I know it drives a large proportion of my decision making process.

Seeing the accessory line up in the Mars Toy one.. hmm it's not giving me a positive yes or no answer still. Really surprised no one's giving him a cel phone based on how often his scenes used one.

1647131192108.png

I prefer the Mars Toys Mike and think the prototype at least looks better than the production Mike from Present Toys. Who knows. I think the production Present Toys Mike looks better than the proto, but still something looks a bit off.

I picked up this PT Ehrmentraut, no complaints at the price, think it's really well done and is one of my favourites now. The head sculpt is fine in my opinion, no mistaking that it's Mike. Bucket is a weird accessory though.

I went with a mashup of the Threezero and Mars Toys for my Heisenberg. Used the head and body from TZ, and the wardrobe and glasses from MT. Looks pretty phenomenal together (y)

Love my Mars Toys Mike, but I don't get why it came with the teddy bear instead of the stuffed pig.

I haven't seen either of these in hand, but it looks like the Present Toys version might have better head sculpt and hands? I'd like to get one just not sure which.

Leaning towards getting the Mars version. I usually switch out the hands of all third party figures with the set of hands by worldbox.

I have the Mars Toys and it's pretty good! It does need a new pistol holding hand if you want that look. The included one is loose AF and it takes some serious balancing to get the gun to stay.

Back