Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back when I had the hot toys jacket, that thing degraded to the point of no return lol. Wasn't flaking but it tore itself apart after you futzed with it.
My jacket is in good shape, I applied leather conditioner to it , however the boots i bought earlier this year are flaking bad. Glad the pants cover it up.

Yes, it does.

Attachments

• 3C572A00-84C9-4080-8FEF-7BBF7DA3D23C.jpeg
    3C572A00-84C9-4080-8FEF-7BBF7DA3D23C.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 0
Maybe it's bonded leather? It's still real animal hide, but can have qualities of pleather.

It's not really that important, just an observation. The coat looks good and my original Hot Toys jacket hasn't degraded, so pleather isn't that bad.
Yeah, my Hot Toys jacket hasn’t held up too well. Still on the figure in the posed position but in pretty bad shape. The other leather ( holster, belt) disintegrated. I found that very distressing give the cost of that figure.

According to Kit he asked Present Toys if the new jacket is leather and they (he) confirmed that it is.
I’m back and forth.
On the ”pleather“ side : It’s pretty uniform devoid of the imperfections expected in real animal skin ie learher.
On the leather side: It does seem to have some stretch and wrinkle abilities.….but on the other hand it doesn’t scratch too easily.
I did not expect the jacket to be lined ( logically adding another layer of thickness) yet it is lined and still pretty thin.
I expected to see the “rough” side of the leather on the inside. But not so easy to find with the linning . If I peak into the pocket or turn the sleeves inside out I don‘t see the rough side of leather. I see some very unusual backing . 🤷‍♂️
… AND …what and why the fabric at the back of the collar ?
BUT … when I do turn the sleeves inside out I DO see what appear to be rough-out leather where the seems meet .
It would be amazing if they were able to do such a thin and workable leather at this scale and price.
Looking for evaluation from those who have both first and second issue figures to compare.
Looking for evaluation from those who have used sandpaper or other abrasive to weather.
Anyone who works in leather industry. A shoemaker for example. Or anyone who has acess to someone like that .

With some work the Present Toys jacket can be made to look amazing! Judging by the amount of work I have done to mine - removing the lining, stretching it, pulling it, screwing it into a ball, wrinkling it, painting it, weathering it, it has stood up remarkably well if it isn't leather! So I believe that it is real leather and therefore an absolute bargain at the price it cost! :yess: Happy to be proved wrong, of course, but either way, it is a fantastic piece! Congrats if you managed to pick one up!
Indy.jpg

With some work the Present Toys jacket can be made to look amazing! Judging by the amount of work I have done to mine - removing the lining, stretching it, pulling it, screwing it into a ball, wrinkling it, painting it, weathering it, it has stood up remarkably well if it isn't leather! So I believe that it is real leather and therefore an absolute bargain at the price it cost! :yess: Happy to be proved wrong, of course, but either way, it is a fantastic piece! Congrats if you managed to pick one up!
View attachment 611730
Wow what an amazing job you have done

Really great work @Timemeddler :clap correct me if I’m wrong but I think you have the first run jacket that is real leather, but it’s the second run jacket that’s in question since it appears to be a thinner material.

I will say, it’s not like it’s difficult or overly expensive to mass produce thin leather. Asmus did it for their Dante and their Aragorn jackets. I do think it’s sort of a marketing thing for say Hot Toys or the big customizers, to say something is made of real leather to then charge more for it. With that said, it is odd a 3rd party company to go for full leather though. But they may have found a way to get to thinner b/c both Terminator figures are said to have real leather clothing as well as their Edward Scissorhands.

Really great work @Timemeddler :clap correct me if I’m wrong but I think you have the first run jacket that is real leather, but it’s the second run jacket that’s in question since it appears to be a thinner material.

I will say, it’s not like it’s difficult or overly expensive to mass produce thin leather. Asmus did it for their Dante and their Aragorn jackets. I do think it’s sort of a marketing thing for say Hot Toys or the big customizers, to say something is made of real leather to then charge more for it. With that said, it is odd a 3rd party company to go for full leather though. But they may have found a way to get to thinner b/c both Terminator figures are said to have real leather clothing as well as their Edward Scissorhands.
It is the 2nd run jacket.

Ended up getting another pair of pants for mine and man that web belt is such a pain in the ass. Not only does it look awful but mine took so much effort to get open that I don’t want to close it again. Not to mention it’s tough to get it in place before you do close it again. Definitely looking to replace it

Back