Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the PT collar on the shirt is also something they should fix, apart from that and the pants it was a very good figure. I suppose the holster could be more accurate to. Oh yeah and the body is fit for the bin. :lol

I found this fig was perfect for what I wanted, a Hot Toys/PT bash, the sculpt is next level, pics dont really do it justice.

eRV5bhe.jpg

CFM8POC.jpg

Those hands/arms are a must-have for any rolled sleeve character. Hopefully though they'll make future sets with better choices in hands and stop making the wrists look broken.
Oh my gosh thank you. I've not seen the forearms in person and I couldn't figure out what was bothering me about them... But now that you say that, where his hands connect at the wrist is so off-putting when you know to look for it. Which is a shame because they look incredible.

I placed an order with OneSixthKit. I have never purchased from this site but from the looks of it this retailer is A-OK.

While I’d appreciate improvement, I will take the figure as is rather than have them go back to the drawing board and wait an additional 12 -18 months.
In theory I'd like to see some logical improvements to the figure, but that would effectively turn the re-release into a clear 2.0 version, and that would be unfair to the first buyers. We've seen the initial release in detail for a couple of months, with its faults and all, so we know what we're getting and that's what we're buying into now. I think the figure has a lot of major faults, but we're comfortable enough with the product to improve or customize it on our own based on those recognizable problems. For the Q4 re-release it would be better to have no surprises.

Also, these third party companies are small and unpredictable and I think improvements would lead to a can of worms opening up and likely leading to new problems. If they improve the pants I don't want to end up with MC Hammer parachute pants. There's a lot of R&D and retooling from the early stages of design and production, all the way to outsourced fabrication that have to happen for a figure to see improvements. Small companies don't seem to have that time and resources unless they commit to an entirely new project, which as I mentioned should be a proper 2.0 Jones figures. However, with that in mind, I think Present Toys could learn from the success of this figure and certainly return to the drawing board to offer up a 2.0 in a year or two. At the price point I think many collectors will gladly buy an additional version to receive some improved parts.

Those hands/arms are a must-have for any rolled sleeve character. Hopefully though they'll make future sets with better choices in hands and stop making the wrists look broken.
Couldn't figure out why they always looked a bit unnatural but that's a pretty accurate description of the problem. So unusual

Almost didn't see that this was getting a second printing since it doesn't show up on the pre-order page on Kit's site.

So far I haven't dedicated much time into screwing around with this set other than putting some work into the jacket; collar and pocket flaps glued, recolored leather and the zipper. With a little work, it looks all right. I will probably remove the buttons from the shirt next, and replace those pants. Still haven't attempted to remove the boots yet.

After seeing him everywhere every day 493 times a day I preordered him too. I blame you all. Lol Can't wait to put him next to Lara Croft and Nathan Drake,gona make funny pictures

Couldn't figure out why they always looked a bit unnatural but that's a pretty accurate description of the problem. So unusual

I think a bit of heat treatment and repositioning the hand and fingers could easily remedy the broken look.

Mine arrived today (Thanks, TonTon!) and I have to admit that for a 3rd party figure, it really is pretty good. I like the head sculpts more after seeing them in-hand. I did a quick look-over but it looks like I will want to replace/upgrade the whip, the holster and most likely the belt. I'm not yet sure, as I plan on converting him to a ToD Indy. So it depends on what the best look is for him, displayed next to Mola Ram.

If you are looking to have a one and done representation of Indy on display or as like me, a good starting point, I think this is a very good option.

Back