Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are such a tease!
--

R.851402947bee859703b6add70b635bb1.gif

She pestered me to continue.

"It's past your bedtime young lady."

1652663378967.png

"Fine. I moved the primary box and set him upright now."

1652663492947.png

"You found his leather jacket comes in its own plastic bag that is taped behind the second plastic tray? Are you going to complain it's not weathered and worn?"

1652663628846.png

I pay good hard $ for immediate DHL delivery that should take no more than 2-3 days, but I'm too desperate and oblivious to want the figure from where I ordered and paid for it so I simply believe in happy thoughts and try to rationalize the delays while my order is likely not even packaged/shipped or even in stock and likely sold quietly for twice its original price to other desperate collectors while I continue to hope my tracking status changes soon.

Wasn't completely happy with how low the pants sat from my first time putting them on so I did some futzing and got them to sit better.

IMG_20220516_002536__01.jpg

But still wasn't happy with the pose, so I went for something dynamic.
IMG_20220516_003047.jpg

Fun kinda 80s style filter
IMG_20220516_004314__01__01.jpg

Final display
IMG_20220516_005831__01.jpg

Man I tell ya, you get this head sculpt in certain lighting and it is absolutely perfect. Still can't believe how good the neutral sculpt is.

Well I’m finally finished futzing, and after a lot of weathering tons and tons of body modifications face repaints and kitbashing, I think I’ve finally reached a point where I’ve got an Indy that I’m proud to have on my shelf (at least for now;)), I tried to make it as “low budget” as possible as I’m currently between jobs atm and only used parts from the present toys, hot toys & a random KO body I had lying around.

What do you guys think?:whip

Very impressive!

Has anyone tried heating up the head yet to get the likeness more accurate?

There were some earlier discussions, but not seen anything posted yet, I believe.

I think you're a little more accurate than War-Gor, everything is present toys except the shirt and pants (those were all I could source from the original SS figure)

I found them parted out a couple years ago and sat on them trying to figure out how much I wanted to invest in the project... Then never did anything with them.

But thank you! I think it came out great. And for a fraction of the price of the original set.

Also if you guys didn't see it, I love the back of the box.
IMG_20220516_004657.jpg

😉

Wasn't completely happy with how low the pants sat from my first time putting them on so I did some futzing and got them to sit better.

View attachment 577257

But still wasn't happy with the pose, so I went for something dynamic.
View attachment 577260

Fun kinda 80s style filter
View attachment 577258

Final display
View attachment 577259

Man I tell ya, you get this head sculpt in certain lighting and it is absolutely perfect. Still can't believe how good the neutral sculpt is.
I like how your hiding the HT sculpt there. :lol Works well. (y)

The main question is if the jacket is leather or not.

It smells like leather and its thick but on the other hand it has a strange feel and its gloss

I would like to weather it with tamiya powder but will it ruin it in the future?

how should be treated to avoid ruining it?

Last edited:
The main question is if the jacket is leather or not.

It smells like leather and its thick but on the other hand it has a strange feel and its gloss

I would like to weather it with tamiya powder but will it ruin it in the future?

how should be treated to avoid ruining it?
Supposedly it's real leather.

Haha. I wasn't ready to mess with them yesterday! They aren't bad though. This morning I was poping them off and on with no problem as I was adding socks as well. Just had to blast the inside of the boot with a hair dryer for a few. I'm suprised by how much I like the boots. Even more so than the dx05's.
Shitake Mushrooms!! Why didn't I think of that sooner? :slap It even says that on most instructions that come with 1/6 figures. *Shakes head foolishly* Are heat guns a good investment? I have problems with the plastic pegs breaking on me. I am looking at you Asmus Toys Ash Williams Hand Pegs. :tap

Haha. I wasn't ready to mess with them yesterday! They aren't bad though. This morning I was poping them off and on with no problem as I was adding socks as well. Just had to blast the inside of the boot with a hair dryer for a few. I'm suprised by how much I like the boots. Even more so than the dx05's.
Also same. I am blown away by the quality represented in Indy's shoes. I wonder if its material is real leather like the jacket or just pleather?? Thoughts?

Supposedly it's real leather.
The thing is that I read some forum member (forgive me for not remembering your name) in the Mad Max thread and if I recall correctly, there are different leather qualities. Some of them are fake, others a mix of leather with plastics and the third and most expensive a clean cut of the animal skin treated.

Last edited:
My Yunsil jacket is starting to peel after all this years :mad: (fake leather) so I will try this PT one. Pending weathering it. I like how DrFrank.N.Figures jacket looks.

in my pics I am using the HT Han Solo body. The jacket sits very well but as I said, weathering pending.

Whats got me worried about the "leather"quality are those wrinkles and gloss on his right arm (the one with the gun)

1652854929266.jpg

1652854929185.jpg

The thing is that I read some forum member (forgive me for not remembering your name) in the Mad Max thread and if I recall correctly, there are different leather qualities. Some of them are fake, others a mix of leather with plastics and the third and most expensive a clean cut of the animal skin treated.
Yeah Im sure there are different level qualities out there. My guess is Presents Toys went with the cheapest option though.

Back