Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Present Toys figures are fully promoted as the characters, which are intellectual properties. Redman, Black Box and others are more discrete with naming. It's the lack of discretion I take issue with. It makes people not in the know assume that they are licensed, so they brag about them on sites owned by the license holders. It puts unlicensed stuff on the radar which, in time, if unchecked, could make movie companies take up against ANY unlicensed product. That's the custom scene wiped out because what was supposed to be limited run suddenly became mass produced. That's a worst case scenario, but, you can only push big companies so far before they cry enough.

It would make what happened with the 3A Dredd seem like a drop in the ocean.

I think you're being a little dramatic. What happened with the ArtFigures Dredd figure doesn't regularly happen. 3rd Party figures have been made for years and years, and they aren't going to stop anytime soon. They might pause for a moment when something goes down, but they'll be back again. ArtFigures still making figures AND just released Crossbones who's a Disney/Marvel character.

BlackBox literally put the Spectre and No Time To Die logos on their products, and nothing has happened to them.

There's also Toys Era and SooSoo making very obvious Marvel and DC characters.

The only time in recent history that I can think of when Disney has come after a KO/3rd Party for 1/6 figures is Iron Man. Weijiang (who's known for KO transformers) KO'd a Hot Toys Diecast Mk6 (very well I might add) and was selling it for half the HT price. Disney came at them, arrested everyone and shut them down, but only b/c it was Iron Man. Out of all the 3rd Party Marvel figures that have been made, let alone KO HT sculpts, they haven't done anything. And it was only then that Hasbro, who's arguably one of the biggest toy manufactures in the US (maybe world), didn't give two craps about them making KO transformers or getting a cut from those KOs until Disney did all the hard legal work. Needless to say, Weijiang products are starting to come out again. Whether they are left over stock or brand new production runs is debatable, but they're back for the time being regardless.

The only other company I can think of that got taken completely out by a license issue was ACI for showcasing their 300 Leonidas when Star Ace not only had the license but also just reveled theirs. They say they were in the process of obtaining the rights but who knows if that was true or not. Even with that issue though, their Braveheart figure from their other brand, Pangea, eventually came out. Took a couple years but it did come out.

At the end of the day, even custom artists are stealing by making a profit from products of licenses they don't own. Heck, Arnie Kim makes and sells all those very nice Reeve Superman statues (among others), posts all over his Instagram and no one has taken him out yet. No one is right here and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. I just think it's going to take a lot more to take out Present Toys. And even if they are, they'll come back as someone else eventually.

Last edited:
Did anyone pick up the NTTD Bond figure by Present Toys? Going from the few YouTube video's the outfit looks pretty decent.
Present toys tailoring is actually pretty dam good. I've seen that bond in hand and I own the godfather 2 set and the tailoring is on point.

I'm tempted to grab this along with the nucky figure.

Present toys tailoring is actually pretty dam good. I've seen that bond in hand and I own the godfather 2 set and the tailoring is on point.

I'm tempted to grab this along with the nucky figure.
Their tailoring does look excellent, especially for the price. I'm not a fan of that re-cast head sculpt they've used on the Bond piece though...looks too cartoonish.
I did see someone swap it out with one of those Eleven re-cast sculpts floating around on ebay and it looks terrific!

I have their Jack Torrance figure. The clothing is actually good. Every thing else is subpar even by 3rd party standards, but good enough for the price I guess. The paintjob is not great and lacks details and the skin tone is off. The hands are very soft and too flexible and keep falling off the pegs.

I still have Indy on pre-order though. Worst case scenario, I sell it and break even.

Where would the best place to be to look for a part out of this figure? I wanted to get a pair of boots in hopes they used a peg system like Hot Toys . I customized my SS Indy years ago but want to port over over to an HT body and the only thing holding me back is the boots.

Back