Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate when small details like eye color is wrong.
I think you mean when companies get the basics wrong. I remember a few years ago when they were making Clint Eastwood figures, the amount of companies that gave Clint blue eyes, when in reality Clint has light green eyes.

^Yup. I remember those blue eyed Eastwoods.

As dismissive as one can be towards these types of companies and released, they can provide a decent amount of parts and the like. A starter kit and a jumping off point is better than completely unusable waste.

So is this ever going to release? What's the expected release date these days?
NeoGeek has had a September-November release window when I PO'd from them the first week of August this year. No idea if that's true or not as I've never ordered from them before, but they didn't require any money upfront for the PO so figured I'd give them a shot. Their prices are a couple bucks more since they're stateside but I didn't feel comfortable ordering form any of the Chinese sellers that still had it up for PO at the time. NeoGeek seem to get other figures in since some stuff on their site is "sold out" so hopefully their window is fairly accurate.

Sept-Nov sounds good to me. Looking forward to converting this one into a Temple of Doom Indy and possibly cobbling up another Raiders Indy, with the left-over parts.

Sept-Nov sounds good to me. Looking forward to converting this one into a Temple of Doom Indy and possibly cobbling up another Raiders Indy, with the left-over parts.
Yup that was my initial plan as well but my impatience won out as you know :lol I still want this though for the parts, especially the headsculpts to use with Raiders Indy. Really hoping the boots do turn out to be replicas of the HT ones, and not end up being fully sculpted. There's something cool (to me) about real materials and laces.

Yup that was my initial plan as well but my impatience won out as you know :lol I still want this though for the parts, especially the headsculpts to use with Raiders Indy. Really hoping the boots do turn out to be replicas of the HT ones, and not end up being fully sculpted. There's something cool (to me) about real materials and laces.
I agree. I've got my Indy wearing leather boots with laces and while it may not be exact to the film boots, I think it looks fantastic and "elevates" the figure, in it's own little way... :wink1:

I just checked the first page of this thread and the original link to One Sixth Outfitters, which shows the expected release to be "2nd Quarter, 2021... I've got my doubts that this figure, along with the ton of others announced by Present Toys, will see the light of day but I'm still hoping...

I agree. I've got my Indy wearing leather boots with laces and while it may not be exact to the film boots, I think it looks fantastic and "elevates" the figure, in it's own little way... :wink1:

I just checked the first page of this thread and the original link to One Sixth Outfitters, which shows the expected release to be "2nd Quarter, 2021... I've got my doubts that this figure, along with the ton of others announced by Present Toys, will see the light of day but I'm still hoping...
yea very true. Though, you gotta wonder what they would gain from having so many things up for PO? Do retailers have to pay them a deposit amount for POs even if the retailer doesn't charge the customer a deposit? so even if the figure(s) never release, they get some money anyway?

I've seen a lot of customizers on these boards take too many orders and end up giving up on completing their promises... so I imagine the same thing happens sometimes with these small companies that see fast money. Whether they get paid a portion up front or not by the retailers, their intent is to complete the job but they can quickly get overwhelmed navigating the notorious factories and as delays mount sometimes its easier to just cut-and-run and start a new company with new promised product and see how it goes. Either that, or to complete the orders, they delivered substandard product just to get something out. Either way, that company name is shot.

Yea that used to happen a whole lot back in the day. Les Walker I think, Monkey Robot Master, that one guy who made mostly horror figures and dioramas (who I almost got screwed by but ended up with substandard products instead) are the main ones I remember, though I do remember there being a lot more, I just didn't participate in any of the runs. The good thing (for now at least) seems to be that there is a good group of very reliable project managers on some of the really top tier figures as well as a bunch of top notch and honest artists these days.

Yea that used to happen a whole lot back in the day. Les Walker I think, Monkey Robot Master, that one guy who made mostly horror figures and dioramas (who I almost got screwed by but ended up with substandard products instead) are the main ones I remember, though I do remember there being a lot more, I just didn't participate in any of the runs. The good thing (for now at least) seems to be that there is a good group of very reliable project managers on some of the really top tier figures as well as a bunch of top notch and honest artists these days.
Let's not forget Chris Howes...

Feel bad about Les. He did great work back in the day. He really got over his head at the end. He really loved the hobby. Now Howes-seemed really self absorbed.

The good thing (for now at least) seems to be that there is a good group of very reliable project managers on some of the really top tier figures as well as a bunch of top notch and honest artists these days.
There is a whole lot of good work being done the last few years if you know where to go.

Let's not forget Chris Howes...

Oh my god... now that's a name I have not heard in a very long time.

There is a whole lot of good work being done the last few years if you know where to go.

Oh my god... now that's a name I have not heard in a very long time.
How about the infamous Sovereign indiana jones jackets. He almost had me too back then. I was lucky and got several of his jackets through other members for whom he actually made one.

Releasing this week, according to a HK seller on facebook.

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 11.00.02.png

Also... there's hope. Present Toys' Truman, which releases this week too, turned out pretty good:

261808577_10223338963675944_8620910198752054905_n.jpg

It looks only slightly better than a Relic Hunter in terms of what you'd get for a starter figure. It doesn't look what you might call high quality. The hat is the HT one, which was one of the smaller hats. It looks big on this figure, which means the head (Inigo V3) is tiny, so any better hat will make him look like Pharell. I can see the whole thing being a worse hot mess than the HT one. Approach the same way Indy would approach a cobra.

Other figures they've done are better because there were entire production pieces they could copy. Indy looks like a mix and match of whatever cheap parts they could get hold of. The good bits from the DX and god knows what from elsewhere.

Last edited:
This is the oldest of my pre-orders. Good to hear that it will be releasing soon.

As for the figure itself, I went in knowing that it wasn't going to be at a custom figures' level of detailing but with the notion of being able to use it as a base for a TOD Indy, which I think will work. The price also helped.

And that sculpt of Jim Carrey is pretty darn good!

Back