Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys for the tips, I might try to check with Geewhiz and see if I can commission the pants. I think the rest of the figure will do for now, but those pants are really bugging me šŸ˜

My reissue was delivered this morning. I have to pull my v1 jacket out to confirm but it seems like the v2 jacket is made from a thinner leather. Looks way better.
I remember when this first released there was a ton of complaints about how stiff the jacket was and how hard it was to get the jacket on the figure.
From my second run figure the jacket is buttery soft and was easy as any other clothing to get on the figure. Iā€™m in the process of weathering it up some but it looks great Iā€™m pleased with mine

Glad to hear in not crazy then. I have get my first run out when I get home to compare. The second run jacket feels just like a Yunsil.
I thought the exact same thing; the re-issue Present Toys jacket has the same feel as my Yunsil. I didnā€™t have the first issue but based on the video/photos I saw and the complaints I heard, PT has upgraded the leather jacket. If only they had ā€œgone the distanceā€ and changed the pants also.

I just ordered a spare jacket on the bay. Doubt I will find anything nicer for 68.00.

I was going to post a photo of both but honestly, I don't think a picture really shows the differences. I pulled my v1 out and it's thicker. Almost like it has padding compared to the new one.

I received my second issue Jones. I do not own a first issue.
The jacket does seem thin to me. I expected a big thick bulky piece of unlined leather. I questioned if it is in fact real leather.
With regard to the pants if I want to switch out the pants for Sideshow how do I remove the shoes ? Do I have to untie the shoe and remove from a foot or do i pull the whole foot off at the ankle peg ?
Lastly someone else asked how to open the buckle from the pants belt. They were recommended to pinch with tweezer. That doesnā€™t seem to be working for me. Is it possible second issue buckle is different from first ? To me it is the ugliest thing on the figure. Seems much to big and out of proportion.

The jacket does seem thin to me. I expected a big thick bulky piece of unlined leather. I questioned if it is in fact real leather.
With regard to the pants if I want to switch out the pants for Sideshow how do I remove the shoes ? Do I have to untie the shoe and remove from a foot or do i pull the whole foot off at the ankle peg ?
Lastly someone else asked how to open the buckle from the pants belt. They were recommended to pinch with tweezer. That doesnā€™t seem to be working for me. Is it possible second issue buckle is different from first ? To me it is the ugliest thing on the figure. Seems much to big and out of proportion.
For the boots, if theyā€™re anything like the first version, youā€™ll have to blast them with some heat with a hair dryer to get them off. Just yanking on them will more than likely result in either destroying the boots and or ankle. Itā€™s a really hard plastic ball socket inside the boot, so you need to heat them up to make them pliable enough to get them off the ankle joint.

For the belt buckle, it was very stiff. I used a very small flathead screwdriver. And eventually was able unlatch it.

I agree, I'm not at all convinced that the version 2 jacket is made of genuine leather. It doesn't 'feel' right, and lacks that tell-tale leather smell.

Arrived this morning :D

1670430065466.png

https://www.wikihow.com/Identify-Genuine-Leather
Iā€™m no expert and canā€™t make up my mind . There appear to be some qualities that match up to leather. Others that match up to ā€œpleatherā€œ
Maybe it's bonded leather? It's still real animal hide, but can have qualities of pleather.

It's not really that important, just an observation. The coat looks good and my original Hot Toys jacket hasn't degraded, so pleather isn't that bad.

Maybe it's bonded leather? It's still real animal hide, but can have qualities of pleather.

It's not really that important, just an observation. The coat looks good and my original Hot Toys jacket hasn't degraded, so pleather isn't that bad.
Back when I had the hot toys jacket, that thing degraded to the point of no return lol. Wasn't flaking but it tore itself apart after you futzed with it.

Back