Present Toys "Raider Jones" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least it "should" release later this year.

I'm hoping the head sculpt(s) are good. That will make or break this figure, for me, as the rest of the stuff looks decent.

I ended up pre-ordering this one from Toys Wonderland, using their BF code.

I need a ToD Indy and this was as good as any place to start. The eventual updates can come afterwards but at least I'll be able to display a ToD Indy with some modifications.
This was my thinking as well. I hadn't watched TOD in quite awhile and Paramount channel had it on this week. It was pretty refreshing and reminded me as to why it's my favorite in the series. I really hate that I couldn't afford the the SS TOD Indy at it's time of release. I still look out for it today in case someone ends up selling it for a decent price

This was my thinking as well. I hadn't watched TOD in quite awhile and Paramount channel had it on this week. It was pretty refreshing and reminded me as to why it's my favorite in the series. I really hate that I couldn't afford the the SS TOD Indy at it's time of release. I still look out for it today in case someone ends up selling it for a decent price

If the Present Toys version compares quality-wise to the Hot Toys version, you can make an excellent Temple of Doom Indy with a little work. Arguably better than the stock SS one.

If the Present Toys version compares quality-wise to the Hot Toys version, you can make an excellent Temple of Doom Indy with a little work. Arguably better than the stock SS one.
idk how I missed this, but you're definitely right! Thinking about going ahead and putting in a PO for this figure. It would be a lot cheaper to just mod it than trying to get the SS Indy. I got hopeful on eBay, as someone put up the SS EX at a decently low price, and within 2 days it's already at an almost $400 bid :monkey2 But, I can always get one of the KO SS Indy sculpts and put it on this one if I really want to since the present toys one comes with happier faces.

I'm continuing to hope that Present actually releases this, but I'm also increasingly doubtful they will, along with most of their "pre-orders".

I'm continuing to hope that Present actually releases this, but I'm also increasingly doubtful they will, along with most of their "pre-orders".
That's my fear as well. I was really looking forward to using it as a base for my TOD Indy. But I'm with you in holding out hope for it to eventually be released.

Why would companies bother to go to all that trouble and expense to produce a prototype, market it to retailers and then put manufacturing wheels in motion if all it took was a - duh, pretty obvious this could happen - cease and desist letter from Disney to halt the whole thing?

I have to assume Present Toys would have known that was a distinct possibility, almsot a dead certainty, and wouldn't care - caling any similarity pure coincidence - or something, whatever their lawyer told them 18 months ago when they had this idea.

Their PT-13 Lucius Fox, who was put up for pre-order in November 2020, just released.

PT-12 Indiana Jones went up in October 2020, so is due around now.

Their PT-13 Lucius Fox, who was put up for pre-order in November 2020, just released.

PT-12 Indiana Jones went up in October 2020, so is due around now.
Well it's good to know that they've at least released something. I heard they also released Django and the Michael Corleone figures so maybe this one will come out too?

On a positive note, Present Toys has released two figures recently.

On a less positive note, maybe don’t hold your breath for the sculpt… that is unless they recast Inigou’s sculpt really well…

28A0C181-BDA8-431F-8F61-AC535BB4E813.jpeg
B4C956DE-5EA9-4A50-9319-CDF95D54EA0C.jpeg

Other than the standard drop in production paint quality that looks pretty good. The jacket looks to have suffered a bit as well but for the price, not too bad. The box and packaging is pretty nice. I always like foam trays.

Other than the standard drop in production paint quality that looks pretty good. The jacket looks to have suffered a bit as well but for the price, not too bad. The box and packaging is pretty nice. I always like foam trays.
Yeah, in this case the problem are the sculpts themselves.

Yeah, in this case the problem are the sculpts themselves.
true, the sculpts definitely got softer in the details in the casting process. So, that plus a drop in paint quality obviously aren't ideal for right out the box sort of displays. However, I guess my expectations are fairly low considering the price point these Present Toys figures are at, comparatively. I look at them as a great starting point as @Mr.E told me when I first started considering an Indy figure. If I was paying HT or Blitzway prices I'd expect a closer end product to the proto, but here, not so much. Of course, everyone's mileage varies and $165ish is not chump change by any means.

Back