Present toys - PT-39 - Future Warrior (T-800 Terminator)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received him today.
He should have the shade on all the time. No excuse!

448694-aviary-image-1684454299082.jpeg
448695-aviary-image-1684454262045.jpeg

The T-800 was very fortunate, on both occasionas after arriving in the past, to instantly encounter a huge man whos clothing could fit him perfectly.

Arnie, possessing an obscenely huge chest circumference and biceps that would make most men's quads blush (at the time) could probably wonder the states for a week and never encounter a man wearing a leather jacket that he'd be able to squeeze into.

Last edited:
This is a solid figure.

The sculpt isn't great but with the sunglasses on its serviceable, and the hair is bad but at a distance can pass for the time being. It's a little light on accessories - no Winchester shotgun for instance.

But otherwise it's a decent DX10 stand in for the money. It's 80/90% of the way there and a decent head sculpt swap will do a lot for it. I daresay it's miles off from a pure film accuracy perspective but it's not bad if you just want a solid T2 clean T800.

I think the DX10 head sculpt was not great also. The jaw line was off. The Future Warrior has a better Jaw but the hair and forehead let's it down.

Still looks overall better than DX10, better materials and die cast due to new advances i guess.

The sculpt is strange. The hair is poor, they've struggled to 'get' what his hair style actually was so they've given him this slightly bouffant under detailed hair that up close looks very toy like. The big problem though, imo, is they've made his eyes slightly too small, slightly too narrow, and too deep, which combined with the sculpt itself being  slightly too small throws out it all off. But there's other elements that are actually pretty decent for the money - hence why it looks alright with the glasses on if you don't look too closely at the hair.

I agree that that DX10 wasn't perfect either - the DX13 is about bang on imo and if you mirrored the less damaged side you'd have a damn good T2 era Arnold. This sculpt is very much 'it'll do for now'.

Actually, head not bad looking but need to shade on.:)
I just darkened his hair.
The SCULPT is there, it's something to do with the hair/temples I feel. The jawline is spot on I feel. The DX10 always looked odd because the jaw was off.

The dark hair does look better. Something with that hairline just makes the sculpt looks off.

DX10 looks fine to me in person but on those photos its lacking for some reason. The PT sculpt lacks a lot - temples, cheekbones, small eyes, ears to name a few. Will not even mention the Ken hairstyle.

DX10 looks fine to me in person but on those photos its lacking for some reason. The PT sculpt lacks a lot - temples, cheekbones, small eyes, ears to name a few. Will not even mention the Ken hairstyle.
Nah...that DX10 doesn't look like Arnold. I am not sure why it gets such a free pass, but that sculpt was no bueno by TODAY's standards. Back then YES, but not now.

TO each their own as they say. I will happily get the PT and then buy a 3rd party sculpt if I am upset by it.

Back