Present Toys - 1/6 PT-57-PT-58 Ghost Hunting Squad (Ghostbusters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess it will be a 2 pack set followed by another 2.

Excluding the recent mad max present toys tend to improve their stuff upon release. I'm curious to see proton packs. Would be a good set for kit bashing we'll see.

Winston looks alright! Peter looks like a body builder for some reason.. maybe it's the angle? Welp, since they are getting a release... Why not?

Man, I was really looking forward to these as I have personally had good experiences with my couple of Present Toys figures and was stoked to finally have an affordable Ghosbusters set but this looks…kinda rough.

The Murray likeness is pretty thin as-is but that stocky look with Tom Hardy traps and the lack of a neck is concerning. Hopefully just the angle? The body swap on Raider Jones made a world of difference so might just need to plan for the same thing here.

I know Present Toys have upgraded some sculpts from proto before release (Generic Max aside) - I think the Mike Ehrmantraut? - and this would seem like a big seller for them for everyone who got priced out of Blitzway, so maybe there’s improvements yet to come. Unless another alternative pops up I might be locked in regardless. *Sigh*, stupid collector brain.

Man, I was really looking forward to these as I have personally had good experiences with my couple of Present Toys figures and was stoked to finally have an affordable Ghosbusters set but this looks…kinda rough.

The Murray likeness is pretty thin as-is but that stocky look with Tom Hardy traps and the lack of a neck is concerning. Hopefully just the angle? The body swap on Raider Jones made a world of difference so might just need to plan for the same thing here.

I know Present Toys have upgraded some sculpts from proto before release (Generic Max aside) - I think the Mike Ehrmantraut? - and this would seem like a big seller for them for everyone who got priced out of Blitzway, so maybe there’s improvements yet to come. Unless another alternative pops up I might be locked in regardless. *Sigh*, stupid collector brain.
I think on there Scissorhands shortly after PO they posted an updated sculpt so here’s hoping

Yikes!

On Zeddemore... head's too small. gloves too small, boots too small, outfit looks a bit ragged...

And the choice of expression on Venkman is about the worst I've ever seen.

I don't know about this...

What? Where's this?
1679675289739.png

Yikes!

On Zeddemore... head's too small. gloves too small, boots too small, outfit looks a bit ragged...

And the choice of expression on Venkman is about the worst I've ever seen.

I don't know about this...
But it’s all Blitzway stuff, apart from the hockey pads and recast boots and gloves.

How can we make an informed buying decision if they’re not going to show their own tailoring?

KO's often shrink. Looks like that's what happened to the head.

Anyway, if this is their best sales photo, I'm out.

Thankfully, I got BW Venkman... maybe their Ray and Egon will be better.

The "best" any figure from Present Toys is going to look is generally the promo images. That's about the best you can hope for. However, based on their track record thus far, it goes downhill from there. Don't get your hopes up.

Back