Present Toys - 1/6 PT-55 Blade Warrior (aka Blade from Blade II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frost was not born a vampire like the guy on the beach who exploded, this is mentioned several times in the movie. That a true born vampire would not be able to use sunblock. But someone who's been turned into one can. I find that to be a pretty good explanation, and a cool addition to the world of Blade. Like Karen said to him in that scene, Frost basically has a vampire STD. That was one of the best scenes in the film.

"FROST, YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME BUT ANOTHER DEAD VAMPIRE."
Going down the rabbit hole, but Frost himself and his crew needed to wear visors on the beach to avoid even seeing the sunlight directly.

Going down the rabbit hole, but Frost himself and his crew needed to wear visors on the beach to avoid even seeing the sunlight directly.
Yeah but that was a prime spot on the beach to watch a sunrise, in the park it doesn't look that sunny and there are buildings and trees and stuff surrounding them

If this is anything like the "genuine leather" used on the Present Toys Indy/Raider jacket it will be bonded leather, the type of material often sold in furniture as "genuine leather" but in reality only contains about 15-20% real leather (as shredded granulated off-cut pieces set into glue that's sandwiched between the plastic top layer and fabric-paper base.)

For this reason it even smells like real leather and makes for a compelling leather vs pleather burn test. However it lasts like pleather, not leather.

I bought the Present Toys Raider Jones figure believing the jacket was "leather" (even said so on the included card) but was disappointed to see one of the straps already crumbling just like pleather does and pulled up the pocket flap with magnifying glass to find the backing.

Not sure what I was thinking that a company that sells an unlicensed figure for $100 less than a licensed company and no online presence (ie customer support/questions) would actually be making clothing out of genuine leather.

This Blade figure has a lot more "leather" than Indy does...
Just looking at the Indy promotianal page and nowhere does it say (genuine leather) on the description like on the Blade one, it says just leather.

INDY CLOTHES:​

Hat x 2​

Leather Jacket x 1​

Shirt x 1​

Pants x 1​

BLADE COSTUME:
  • Black Leather *1 (made of genuine leather)
  • Black Leather Pants *1 (made of genuine leather)
  • Bulletproof vest *1
  • Down jacket *1Dark short sleeves *1
  • The belt*1
  • Boots* 2

Looking at the two next to each other, the coat and clothes on the Blade figure look light years ahead of the Indy one in terms of quality.

present toys  blade 2 this.jpg

Last edited:
Just looking at the Indy promotianal page and nowhere does it say (genuine leather) on the description like on the Blade one, it says just leather.

INDY CLOTHES:​

Hat x 2​

Leather Jacket x 1​

Shirt x 1​

Pants x 1​

BLADE COSTUME:
  • Black Leather *1 (made of genuine leather)
  • Black Leather Pants *1 (made of genuine leather)
  • Bulletproof vest *1
  • Down jacket *1Dark short sleeves *1
  • The belt*1
  • Boots* 2

Looking at the two next to each other, the coat and clothes on the Blade figure look light years ahead of the Indy one in terms of quality.

View attachment 627086

The pic of Indy is Present Toys promo but they used the Hot Toys jacket. The final production jacket was different. We will see what happens with promo and final Blade

The pic of Indy is Present Toys promo but they used the Hot Toys jacket. The final production jacket was different. We will see what happens with promo and final Blade
Really im gonna go looking for it now

Watching the review and your right they are different and dont look to bad to be honest.
If you look at the back you can see how uniform the pattern is, thats a dead giveaway to as real leather pattern is all different. I will deffo be checking mine now and if bonded will be lathering it in 303 lol.
Hoping now the Blade one is genuine like they say.
The sculpts for Indy were pretty good I wasn't aware of this figure.

present toys actual indy jacket.png
present toys actual 2.png
present indy sculpts.png

What are Present Toys release windows like? Do they usually stick to the release dates they give, etc?

Last edited:
Can we draw conclusions from their recent T-800 to this Blade? I'm inclined to say that the outfit on this will be decent to pretty good but what about the head sculpt though? It looks good on the prototype and the glasses should cover up a potential downgrade in production, but if it comes out like that T-800 head I'd still be pretty pissed^^

Can we draw conclusions from their recent T-800 to this Blade? I'm inclined to say that the outfit on this will be decent to pretty good but what about the head sculpt though? It looks good on the prototype and the glasses should cover up a potential downgrade in production, but if it comes out like that T-800 head I'd still be pretty pissed^^
I thought the outfit would be the biggest worry but maybe they actually are able to handle their ‘leather.’
It baffles me how the eyes on that Terminator sculpt came out so bad.
Arnie’s hair probably got the biggest downgrade so, if Blade suffers the same softening fate, he’s gonna look like he’s got ice cream smeared on his head.

I thought the outfit would be the biggest worry but maybe they actually are able to handle their ‘leather.’
It baffles me how the eyes on that Terminator sculpt came out so bad.
Arnie’s hair probably got the biggest downgrade so, if Blade suffers the same softening fate, he’s gonna look like he’s got ice cream smeared on his head.
Yeah, one would think that sculpting such a simple hairstyle should be an easy task for companies - in 2023! - but obviously not^^

Just like with Cobra and any other character that wears sunglasses it will look great with the glasses on and like crap with it off.

I would never display Blade or Cobra without their sunglasses it’s their signature look.

Rocky and Rambo though we’re ****** lol

Just like with Cobra and any other character that wears sunglasses it will look great with the glasses on and like crap with it off.

I would never display Blade or Cobra without their sunglasses it’s their signature look.

Rocky and Rambo though we’re ****** lol
Threezero's Rambo's are fantastic

Alright so I’m torn on buying the present toys blade. Has anyone ever had their figures? Are the good quality?

Alright so I’m torn on buying the present toys blade. Has anyone ever had their figures? Are the good quality?
For me present toys is one of the best third party companies out there, with a pretty solid quality on headsculpts and great outfits... most o the time . Bodies not so good

they do only bootlegs or KO figures from hot toys or famous custom works, that's why a lot of people hates them 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20230618_174601.jpg
    IMG_20230618_174601.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Soosoo's normal proto sculpt is def worse than PT. But the fanged head looks good with the shades on of course.
Personally, I think PT wins in hs department, might get the Sst roaring head if I find it parted

Back