Present Toys - 1/6 PT-55 Blade Warrior (aka Blade from Blade II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Present Toys have an official website? Or what retailers carry Present Toys?

I might pick this up just for the leather parts. My Hot Toys version is still fine but good to have a backup set of clothing

What excites me ( besides clog dancing of course ..... ) is that if Present Toys invested the tooling to do a Blade 2 figure, the core pieces are in place to also do a Blade 1 figure. Why not? Use the same head, trench, sword, pants, gloved hands, etc,etc for a Blade 1 figure.

On this figure, I can't lie, it just looks like PT salvaged the old molds that HT used for it's Blade 2 figure back in 2009/2010 and just did another run. It looks A LOT like the HT Blade 2 set. And , at this point, why not. Why invest in brand new tooling if you can lift old tooling from a decade before.

But, I'm hoping we also get a Blade 1 and a Blade 3 as well. Blade 3, the haircut was different and Snipes looked like he put on some weight, so that might be a bit different.

Of course what I'm hoping does not happen is PT releases a "Deluxe Set" where it's just a rerun of Blade 2, but with alternate Blade 1 parts, then jack up the price point. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

If this was a Blade 1 release, I'd preorder it no doubt. I hope this sells out, so it encourages more of the knock off brands to do Blade figures. Maybe PT won't do Whistler, but maybe Redman Toys will see the money in it, or CC Toys , or Lim Toys, whomever, and we get some more options.

Looks better in the profile views.
That’s usually the case with most sculpts for some reason. Probably because our brains are so good at noticing the slightest inaccuracies with eyes and mouths.
A fanged HS would really bring this figure to a new level.
If this was Mars Toys we’d totally be getting at least two heads.

As they sadly won’t be adding the Blade 1 vest to this set, the only way they’d get me back to buy a whole new figure would be to make Blade 1 with fangs.
1677246792862.jpeg

“FRROOOOOSSSSSTT!!”

Ah, who am I kidding, I’d totally buy that outfit regardless!
This is the Blade we deserve.
1677246762934.jpeg

I agree, I think the Blade 1 look is my preferred but I'm looking forward to the PT version seeing as I missed out on the HT.

With that, I wonder if there are any similar tactical vests that could come close to the Blade 1 look? Could be a good project to tackle

Not sure what I was thinking that a company that sells an unlicensed figure for $100 less than a licensed company and no online presence (ie customer support/questions) would actually be making clothing out of genuine leather.
Well, this might be true, however, and its a big HOWEVER, considering the prices of the HT variants and that they used pleather there, the quality to price ratio PT are providing is simply amazing. Even if it was true pleather, I would still buy their release only because of the abysmal $$ HT go for atm.

Frost from the park scene would be so great.
Can I just take a moment to go down the tangent that I love the movie, think Frost was a great villain, and the park scene is very memorable…

… but how unbelievably stupid it is that he’s just walking around in the daytime with the excuse he’s wearing, what, sunblock?
tumblr_inline_nsttfrvOpc1r20f4i_500.jpg

We see vampires explode into fiery combustive ash under UV light. Their skin crumbles if a stray beam burns them. And the movie is like “nah, man, he’s wearing sunblock. He’s good!” So he covered every inch of himself? His scalp? Nostrils? Bottom lip? Inner ear? How are his eyeballs not exploding? We literally see they have to wear full-body sun-reflective suits elsewhere in the film if they want to do this. And after Frost proposes a truce that goes nowhere, this whole encounter just never factors into the rest of the movie.

It’s dumb. This scene is so dumb.

… And yet I could watch Blade and Frost being snarky at each other all day.

Can I just take a moment to go down the tangent that I love the movie, think Frost was a great villain, and the park scene is very memorable…

… but how unbelievably stupid it is that he’s just walking around in the daytime with the excuse he’s wearing, what, sunblock?

We see vampires explode into fiery combustive ash under UV light. Their skin crumbles if a stray beam burns them. And the movie is like “nah, man, he’s wearing sunblock. He’s good!” So he covered every inch of himself? His scalp? Nostrils? Bottom lip? Inner ear? How are his eyeballs not exploding? We literally see they have to wear full-body sun-reflective suits elsewhere in the film if they want to do this. And after Frost proposes a truce that goes nowhere, this whole encounter just never factors into the rest of the movie.

I thought the same thing when I saw it the first time in the theater all those years ago …yet I also loved this movie.

I like this Present Toys Blade, it looks like a really solid offering. I don’t have a Blade figure in my collection so I am seriously considering it.

1677717233689.gif

You are ruining this quality interaction with all your logic!!

That’s usually the case with most sculpts for some reason. Probably because our brains are so good at noticing the slightest inaccuracies with eyes and mouths.

If this was Mars Toys we’d totally be getting at least two heads.

As they sadly won’t be adding the Blade 1 vest to this set, the only way they’d get me back to buy a whole new figure would be to make Blade 1 with fangs.
View attachment 625014
“FRROOOOOSSSSSTT!!”

Ah, who am I kidding, I’d totally buy that outfit regardless!
This is the Blade we deserve.
View attachment 625013
:goodpost:

Absolutely true.
Cool scene but deeply stupid.
You could have MAYBE handwaved it to a degree if it was dusk/twilight and the sun was already going past the buildings - but its literally midday during one of the most sunny days I've ever seen.....
Kind of also diffuses the stakes doesn't it - why are vampires SO obsessed with Blade being a daywalker if they can pretty much achieve the same with sunblock?
Hell - even I have to avoid sunlight due to an allergy to sunlight (no joke my skin comes up in extremely sore welts in just a few mins exposure) more than these vampires and I certainly dont turn to ash at the slightest ray of light....

I’d give Frost a large, black umbrella for that scene- plus gloves and still a mention of the sunblock. He’d look extra sinister holding that kid hostage.
Have him say what a hassle and risk it is for him to be able to step foot outside but it was worth it for a face to face with the Daywalker.

Let’s give that kid some credit too. She casually walked off getting hurled 30 feet, by her head, smashing through a stall and landing on concrete. Not a scratch- and we’re concerned with the logic of a vampire surviving a few minutes of daylight by wearing sunblock…

Last edited:
I’d give Frost a large, black umbrella for that scene- plus gloves and still a mention of the sunblock. He’d look extra sinister holding that kid hostage.
Have him say what a hassle and risk it is for him to be able to step foot outside but it was worth it for a face to face with the Daywalker.

Let’s give that kid some credit too. She casually walked off getting hurled 30 feet, by her head, smashing through a stall and landing on concrete. Not a scratch- and we’re concerned with the logic of a vampire surviving a few minutes of daylight by wearing sunblock…
Huh..... your saying that Blade should have made her his sidekick?
Who knew one of the most durable characters in the franchise is a random Asian girl-child! :ROFLMAO:

Frost was not born a vampire like the guy on the beach who exploded, this is mentioned several times in the movie. That a true born vampire would not be able to use sunblock. But someone who's been turned into one can. I find that to be a pretty good explanation, and a cool addition to the world of Blade. Like Karen said to him in that scene, Frost basically has a vampire STD. That was one of the best scenes in the film.

"FROST, YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME BUT ANOTHER DEAD VAMPIRE."

Back