Present Toys - 1/6 PT-50 & PT-51 T-800 Terminator (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks really nice. I have the HT version, but Present’s HS looks nicer, although it could be the photography. I really want to see someone produce T-850 and T-X endos.
This. They just keep regurgitating the same figures. I would even welcome 3rd party Reese, Sarah figures.

Does present toys usually deliver on time or what?
I just received my Present Toys Doomsday Killer (John Preston from Equilibrium) which was due a little earlier this year, so was 3-6 months late I think.

It's a decent figure for the price, however he's a little short. Christian Bale is six feet tall, however this figure is scaled to someonewho is 5'9" as he's barely taller than my MCU Spidey figure. Hopefully this won't be the case for the Terminator figure.

With reference to what material the 'leather' is made from, Giantoy shared what they know so far:

Meiling Jin
Admin

the supplier said they are not sure about this at the moment. They want to use genuine leather, of course, but using genuine leather will make it difficult to do the damaged/weathered effects on the surface. They probably have to run a few tests and make the final decision when they start mass production.

With reference to what material the 'leather' is made from, Giantoy shared what they know so far:
If I'm them, I would just go rubbery PVC like Hot Toys. Battle damage on real leather is probably pretty tough to manage on a mass production.

Day and night. Who cares where it comes from, looks great to me !

Very tempted !!!
Which is which? There are good things about both of those that if you combined them you’d have a very good Terminator. I like the likeness more on the left, even though the right one looks more lifelike. The red eye on the right is definitely better, as is the weathering on the clothes. The hair on the left and the skin texture looks better. Not much difference in those two things though. The blood and exposed metal better on the right. Apart from the likeness I’m favouring the one on the right.

Yes, HT could out of nowhere announce more Termy figs, however they havent released anything Terminator related for years. I wish a 3rd party company would fill in some of the missing gaps like a T1 Sarah Connor - Kyle Reese. I can't see HT ever making them.
A bit like Robocop, I wish a company would make a Lewis fig and some of the bad guys, I'm sure they would sell pretty well.
No point waiting for Hot Toys, they’ve wasted the Terminator, Alien and Predator licenses over the last decade. They don’t deserve these licenses. We’ve just come off arguably the best Predator movie in decades, which was an overwhelming success with both critics and fans alike, and we haven’t even had a sniff of interest from Hot Toys. No they’d rather take the lazy route with re-release, re-issue and re-use of Marvel and Star Wars instead. Such a boring company.

No point waiting for Hot Toys, they’ve wasted the Terminator, Alien and Predator licenses over the last decade. They don’t deserve these licenses. We’ve just come off arguably the best Predator movie in decades, which was an overwhelming success with both critics and fans alike, and we haven’t even had a sniff of interest from Hot Toys. No they’d rather take the lazy route with re-release, re-issue and re-use of Marvel and Star Wars instead. Such a boring company.
Agreed. And even Star Wars and Marvel collectors are getting a little bored with HT. Thanks to Disney+ Shows, we're stuck with only stuff from those instead of the good amount of characters that still need to be made from the OT and PT.

Personally disagree as to be fair we have gotten some amazing releases from those licenses. Especially Terminator and Predators. I do wish they revisit them, as the HK market loves Predators.

I think it's more than obvious that Hot Toys has no interest in TRAP (Terminator, Robocop, Alien, Predator), I'm just grateful I've gotten every TRAP figure I need so this is great for those who missed out.

Yeah but like about 10 years ago.
Are all these 1:6 licenses (Terminator, Alien, Predator) exclusive to Hot Toys? If that’s the case then that *insert word that this site won’t allow* me off no end. Not only is Hot Toys wasting the licence they’re preventing any other company from doing anything with it! How the hell can the licensing companies allow that to stand? Do they have no interest in seeing merchandise released from their properties? Possibly the three biggest (certainly most requested) properties outside of Marvel, DC, and Star Wars and the company that owns the licenses is blatantly neglecting them. There really isn’t enough pressure put on Hot Toys for this.

Are all these 1:6 licenses (Terminator, Alien, Predator) exclusive to Hot Toys? If that’s the case then that *insert word that this site won’t allow* me off no end. Not only is Hot Toys wasting the license they’re preventing any other company from doing anything with it! How the hell can the licensing companies allow that to stand? Do they have no interest in seeing merchandise released from their properties? Possibly the three biggest (certainly most requested) properties outside of Marvel, DC, and Star Wars and the company that owns the licenses is blatantly neglecting them. There really isn’t enough pressure put on Hot Toys for this.
It wouldn't be the first time. It's been known that, at least in the past, HT would secure licenses to be the only ones allowed to make stuff just to keep any other company from making products that could potentially compete with them. Somehow Medicom was able to secure/maintain certain licenses that HT also eventually got and for some characters, tried teaming up with Enterbay, but that obvious didn't workout. And now Medicom solely does the MAFEX stuff for movie lines and Enterbay is stuck doing basketball players. Hot Toys beat out their competition to the point where for they had to move on to other things b/c they simply couldn't compete; so. HT is basically the only real, official game in town for big licenses. Asmus is slowly starting to come around but still need to prove themselves and InArt hasn't officially given us a real release yet. Obviously wouldn't count Star Ace and Blitzway tends to have a pretty big drop in proto-production.

Back