Present Toys - 1/6 PT-57-PT-58 Ghost Hunting Squad (Ghostbusters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, that's right -- I get the two mixed up. Thank you for clarifying. Gives me a little more hope now for Present Toys.

I do like their proto for v2 The Mask... but I didn't think their Indiana Jones was very good.
Their Mask is actually very good!
I even bought 2, for the dog face display XD

Truth be told over time I’ve kind of realized that I’m not that big of a fan of Ghostbusters. It’s iconic and the first film is good. I don’t think I love it enough to buy figures though.

It's amazing to think how fair the original Blitzway figures were priced and how long they were available for retail. Something popped and they really spiked in price just over the last couple of years. I feel lucky to have snagged the full deluxe set when I did for the original price. The sculpts never bothered me and looked fine in-hand, but Zeddemore really was the weakest of them all. I never even took him out of the box.

The odd thing is, I'm not even a huge Ghostbusters fan, but always liked Blitway's products and appreciated having something very different available on the 1:6 market at the time - different from the juggernaut overflow of nauseating Marvel and Star Wars stuff we were seeing a few years ago, so I decided to move my buying power and drop my cash on the set. Blitzway put a lot of dedication, blood sweat and tears work, into developing the Ghostbusters figures and even delayed the release to get a few things corrected so they didn’t prematurely dump a substandard product out there for eager collectors. It bothers me somewhat to see a 3rd party come along and rip off their work - assuming that's what's happening here - so I hope Present Toys puts their own effort into diving deeper into the (non)license and doing it some justice. Maybe even correcting what Blitzway didn't get quite right years ago, respecting it and building on it rather than just replicating it.

Anyway, Blitway's really is a great set with tons of fine features, but I always wished the bodies had some variation in height or build to create the necessary distinction between characters/actors. If you have the full set it really is 4 nearly identical figures, nearly identical outfits, with only different head sculpts and a unique coloured body set for Winston. I found the unboxing experience to be a little boring after opening the second figure and finding it was just more of the same, with only the sculpts to make them interesting.

This Present Toys offering should be good for anyone who missed out on the original Blitzway set and can't pay thousands for it now. For me the unlicensed products never quite fill the niche or make for a compelling substitute to the original licensed versions, even if those originals had minor faults. I just always feel like the unlicensed versions are substandard products that we settle for rather than really enjoy and can respect in our collections. I don't know how other collectors feel about this.

It's amazing to think how fair the original Blitzway figures were priced and how long they were available for retail. Something popped and they really spiked in price just over the last couple of years. I feel lucky to have snagged the full deluxe set when I did for the original price. The sculpts never bothered me and looked fine in-hand, but Zeddemore really was the weakest of them all. I never even took him out of the box.

The odd thing is, I'm not even a huge Ghostbusters fan, but always liked Blitway's products and appreciated having something very different available on the 1:6 market at the time - different from the juggernaut overflow of nauseating Marvel and Star Wars stuff we were seeing a few years ago, so I decided to move my buying power and drop my cash on the set. Blitzway put a lot of dedication, blood sweat and tears work, into developing the Ghostbusters figures and even delayed the release to get a few things corrected so they didn’t prematurely dump a substandard product out there for eager collectors. It bothers me somewhat to see a 3rd party come along and rip off their work - assuming that's what's happening here - so I hope Present Toys puts their own effort into diving deeper into the (non)license and doing it some justice. Maybe even correcting what Blitzway didn't get quite right years ago, respecting it and building on it rather than just replicating it.

Anyway, Blitway's really is a great set with tons of fine features, but I always wished the bodies had some variation in height or build to create the necessary distinction between characters/actors. If you have the full set it really is 4 nearly identical figures, nearly identical outfits, with only different head sculpts and a unique coloured body set for Winston. I found the unboxing experience to be a little boring after opening the second figure and finding it was just more of the same, with only the sculpts to make them interesting.

This Present Toys offering should be good for anyone who missed out on the original Blitzway set and can't pay thousands for it now. For me the unlicensed products never quite fill the niche or make for a compelling substitute to the original licensed versions, even if those originals had minor faults. I just always feel like the unlicensed versions are substandard products that we settle for rather than really enjoy and can respect in our collections. I don't know how other collectors feel about this.
The Blitzway figures only appreciated like crazy due to at the time people thought the retail price was a bit high and were holding off on the upcoming ones by Soldier Story, which ended up being cancelled. Same case with the Pt 1 Delorean where HT teased both Parts 1 and 2 cars around the same time causing low sales of the P1 car.

As for unlicensed products, my own opinion is that I don't buy them anymore, not because of some misguided loyalty to official releases or whatnot, but because as someone who's collected figures for over 20 years, I think third party figures are getting too good! Around 2015-17 I was obsessed with buying third party stuff including some truly amazing Transformers figures and one day I realized that I was stuck in a loop of constantly upgrading my Optimus Prime to see who can make the best of the bunch thus I quit third party entirely and sold off all my third party figures as it was really influencing my buying habits. To me if it's not an officially sanctioned product, it does not exist therefore the temptation doesn't come up. Weird, I know.

As for "nauseating Marvel and Star Wars stuff", well I wouldn't go that far but I had to quit collecting those too few years back despite loving those them as unlike most franchises, THEY NEVER END. There's only one team of Ghostbusters to collect, only one Delorean, one Robocop, one main Alien or Predator, one Christopher Reeve Superman etc but as a SW/MCU collector I was never content with what I already have and again put my happiness at the mercy of companies making more toys.

Totally agree about the bodies. Way too tall and buff and the proportions don't even come close to the actors. Which is why I had to do body swaps on all three. The only one where the body might have actually made sense was Winston, but I was never able to pick that one up.

Not to mention how many people had issues with the arms snapping off.

For me the unlicensed products never quite fill the niche or make for a compelling substitute to the original licensed versions, even if those originals had minor faults. I just always feel like the unlicensed versions are substandard products that we settle for rather than really enjoy and can respect in our collections. I don't know how other collectors feel about this.
I collect figures of characters, not brands or licenses. If the figure is good I don't give a damn.

I collect figures of characters, not brands or licenses. If the figure is good I don't give a damn.

The companies without licenses sometimes put more care into their products than the ones who're doing it officially, because they have a genuine love for the source material. e.g., LIMToys

Can't say the same for Present Toys with their 1960s drainpipe trousered, leather lifejacketed Raiders Indiana Jones. :monkey1

Lim toys is one of the best examples indeed. Can't imagine skipping a Lim figure because it's not licensed.

I know this is the only image that's now shown on Facebook, but unless they've used the same factory, materials, and patterns, this is just a Blitzway figure. The sculpt looks like it might be different, but that's a Blitzway suit and accessories.

433427-B4CB3D72-72D6-48D4-A26F-A32A1FC5CC4F.jpeg

I'll want to see a production figure before ordering. I have the Blitzway full set, but would still purchase

Last edited:
I am a diehard GB fan and already have the BW figures, but would be intrigued to see how these turn out. I would be more interested in a GB2 set with grey uniforms or figures from Afterlife.
The grey GB2 uniforms with the option for Slime Blowers for Ray and Winston are a dream inclusion in my collection - they may never have appeared with them in the film but I’d love to recreate the old VHS boxart!

I remember rumours circled about Blitzway doing the GB2 as well as Afterlife figures about 6 months or so ago but all they did was the updated car.

I kept passing on the BW figures as I always had something more important to spend money on and then they jumped in price.

Definitely going to keep an eye on these if it comes to anything.

Heres the issues with 3rd party figures….paint apps. The BW ines had barely passible paint apps and serious issues with Winston and his color consistency.

Present had been impressive at times, but I just cant see the paint apps working.

Back