Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think with all the buzz around the Prime 1 studios Predator statues that Hot Toys would at least consider a 2.0 Predator. I know that the world of statues and 1/6 don't always crossover but it shows that there is still huge interest for figures and statues of the classic Predator design.

You'd think with all the buzz around the Prime 1 studios Predator statues that Hot Toys would at least consider a 2.0 Predator. I know that the world of statues and 1/6 don't always crossover but it shows that there is still huge interest for figures and statues of the classic Predator design.
The iron is hot. If they solicited a Dutch and Jungle Hunter, they'd have an extremely tempting alternative for fans of larger Predator pieces.

New mask, new items, new diorama

IMG_20220106_202800.jpg

Nice work man, looks beautiful.

Might I suggest tinting the armor green? I did so on mine and it looks quite stunning, the silver kinda looks cheap without some weathering. #thispostisuselesswithoutpics.
Will check movie pics and that difference you talk about. Did not notice before. Thanks for the input

Did not notice before
P1 has armor with some green tints, brown dirts, burns. but not the shoulder cannon mount with the cannon itself, that one should remain dark steel if i remember it correctly.
not sure about little right shoulder part.

I think the Prime 1 Jungle Hunter promo pics should be a decent enough reference for tinting the armor. The Classic is too silver so if anyone's converting their it's not a hard thing to do with some acrylic washes.

Statuette-Jungle-Hunter-Predator-Prime-1-Studio-17.jpg

they painted the cannon base into green as well, which should be metal with no green.
also their armor looks a bit too green and with no metal gloss on it. but at least it has green in it, unlike most P1 representations.
oh and yes, the left shoulder guard has no green also and is lighter than other parts.

V4GMA6Y.jpg

BPaEytX.jpg

also the blades box should be same dark metal with no green as the shoulder cannon mount and cannon itself. probably s the parts that were molded separate from the suit (shoulder cannon post with the medkit, blades box) didn't share that greenish tint.

TOZg18o.jpg

gWhRO5I.jpg

Last edited:
Because I'm stupid, I've never realized that to convert this into the Jungle Hunter, his hands are the wrong color, so I'm painting them black as it was in the movie and modding the palms to be more accurate (the JH has more exposed flesh). I'm also using straws to make the hair beads, will post a converted P1 Pred soon.

51915336771_69e5fd879d_c.jpg

Because I'm stupid, I've never realized that to convert this into the Jungle Hunter, his hands are the wrong color, so I'm painting them black as it was in the movie and modding the palms to be more accurate (the JH has more exposed flesh). I'm also using straws to make the hair beads, will post a converted P1 Pred soon.

View attachment 565115
huh, i used old P1 hands because of difference in Classic's and P1's palms, but i never thought about modifying Classic's palm instead!
as for the color, they are not actually black, just not so warm brown as on Classic.

Back