Predator Prey- Any Chances Of New Predator Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RoboCop one made me wonder if InArt are picking up that licence, and Hot Toys rushed one last figure out to get the first shot in. Much like they did with all those Back to the Future figures when InArt announced they’d be making a DeLorean (and presumably Marty and Doc figures).
Did those not pre-date all the InArt hoopla?

Did those not pre-date all the InArt hoopla?
I seem to remember it being around the same time. Maybe I’m wrong. It was close at least, and I’d imagine Hot Toys were aware Queen were going into 1:6 scale and sniffing around certain licences. I cannot imagine that huge BTTF figure dump was just out of the goodness of their hearts.

Hot Toys certainly has form for deliberately raining on the competition's parade - we all remember the Enterbay Wars which included Hot Toys announced and infuriatingly never produced 1:4 Police Station Assault T-800.

Hot Toys certainly has form for deliberately raining on the competition's parade - we all remember the Enterbay Wars which included Hot Toys announced and infuriatingly never produced 1:4 Police Station Assault T-800.
On April 3rd, 2012. Terminator Day.

One day we'll get new T1 and T2 figures.

NECA are due to reveal their Feral Predator soon. If we don't see a Hot Toys reveal around that time too then it will be a no.

If they don't make Feral, from a film that is currently receiving a lot of praise and has lots of attention on social media, then I can't see them making another Predator again.
That's what I'm thinking as well. And if the figure isn't ready at least a teaser or something. (Not that that guarantees an actual announcement). I really hope we'll see something.

The RoboCop one made me wonder if InArt are picking up that licence, and Hot Toys rushed one last figure out to get the first shot in. Much like they did with all those Back to the Future figures when InArt announced they’d be making a DeLorean (and presumably Marty and Doc figures).

Do Hot Toys have an exclusive 1:6 licence for Predator, like they seem to have with Alien? If that’s the case then we could just as easily get a Chrome Jet Trooper as a Feral Predator.

Damn it makes me so angry when I think how they’ve pissed away the Predator and Alien lines in recent years. My second greatest love after Star Wars. What a waste. The response to the new films proves there’s a massive fanbase out there.
Hopefully HT notices this as well.

On April 3rd, 2012. Terminator Day.

One day we'll get new T1 and T2 figures.
How I hope you are right. That would be glorious. Hopefully we'll see new Predators and Aliens as well in the future.

I feel like all we'll get for Feral Predator are the NECA action figure and a Prime 1 statue, eventually. But I would love to be totally wrong here.

I watched the movie yesterday, and... I didn't think Predator movies that don't suck were still possible. This was so good. Naru and dog to me were instant classics. I appreciated that the filmmakers went with something new for the Predator to better fit their aesthetic. That mask is pretty badass. Amber Midthunder- talk about carrying a movie. She's an actor to watch out for.

Bernie Prey.JPG

Just got done watching it, not perfect but very enjoyable and the best in the franchise after the first film. Definitely would be interested in a Feral Predator figure of some kind - I'd be happy with a Naru too but somehow can't see that happening.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mezco even comes outs with a 1/12 Feral Predator or City Hunter Predator soon

Now it's been a couple of weeks since release and my hype and excitement has calmed down and I've settled on "decent, solid movie but not amazing" I'm not sure I'm that fussed about figures from the movie.
I don't collect 1/12 figures, so I wouldn't get anything from NECA.
I think a HT Feral Pred could look very impressive but I don't want to PO and wait 2 years for release, when I'd probably care even less about the characters/Feral Pred/movie but also, what I really want from HT, isn't a Feral Predator, it's a new, redone from scratch, improved, Jungle Hunter or City Hunter.
They do need to get something out whilst Predator hype is hot.
This franchise isn't like Star Wars or superhero stuff, that churns out "content" constantly.
People will move onto something new.
I'd think most of us here are life long Predator fans, but most collectors probably aren't. They'll be distracted by a new Batman or Superdog figure or whatever, whatever is new, very soon.
Even myself, a Predator fan since the 80's, is getting less and less interested in a figure from this movie (though my love for the classic Preds will never wane and I always want newer and better figures of them) let alone people who consume all the popular content and collect whatever is the newest, hottest thing.
HT needs to get something up before too long.

Last edited:
Now it's been a couple of weeks since release and my hype and excitement has calmed down and I've settled on "decent, solid movie but not amazing" I'm not sure I'm that fussed about figures from the movie.
I don't collect 1/12 figures, so I wouldn't get anything from NECA.
I think a HT Feral Pred could look very impressive but I don't want to PO and wait 2 years for release, when I'd probably care even less about the characters/Feral Pred/movie but also, what I really want from HT, isn't a Feral Predator, it's a new, redone from scratch, improved, Jungle Hunter or City Hunter.
They do need to get something out whilst Predator hype is hot.
This franchise isn't like Star Wars or superhero stuff, that churns out "content" constantly.
People will move onto something new.
I'd think most of us here are life long Predator fans, but most collectors probably aren't. They'll be distracted by a new Batman or Superdog figure or whatever, whatever is new, very soon.
Even myself, a Predator fan since the 80's, is getting less and less interested in a figure from this movie (though my love for the classic Preds will never wane and I always want newer and better figures of them) let alone people who consume all the popular content and collect whatever is the newest, hottest thing.
HT needs to get something up before too long.
This is the truth :lecture

TBH I’m desperate for them to do Chopper 2.0 and finish the trio of brothers from AvP. Say what you will about the movie but the look of the preds was on point!

Back