Predator Prey- Any Chances Of New Predator Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The feral predator reflects the setting and the protagonists like most of the other films do. It's not something I think a lot of people really pay attention to who might not be from a design background - when you're creating something from scratch, you find inspiration, or a jumping off point by observing the elements provided by the script.
In this case, his skin tone is more a gradient of earth tones, rather than a banana in the jungle like the jungle hunter.
His hair is long and without the rings - it mimics the long, dark human hair of the native protagonists. The head is more proportional to a human's proportions, but with a hunched posture.
From the waist up there isn't any armor, and the gauntlets follow swooping blade shapes and are secured by neatly cut leather straps of the same uniform thickness. His loin cloth hangs low in the front and and has a kind of fury/tasseled silhouette. His helmet, while having tech, appears as a skull - serves as a centerpiece or focal point like first nation art is accustom to doing. All this is referential to the protagonist's dress.

Jungle hunter's armor was designed off of firearm and modern military decoration and shapes - his tech jammed tightly together like a cockpit console. As mentioned before, his skin is banana colored. The mask they used is described as "tribal".
It's all sort of subliminal stuff you don't tend to recognize outright.
I know the deep set eyes and the higher "snarling" upper edge of the mouth/mandibles is intended to be more cromag, but in my estimation, there's no great design reason they couldn't have done something more like city hunter with his lower mandibles looking like a mammalian jaw. Mess with anything else, just not his pretty face!

The feral predator reflects the setting and the protagonists like most of the other films do. It's not something I think a lot of people really pay attention to who might not be from a design background - when you're creating something from scratch, you find inspiration, or a jumping off point by observing the elements provided by the script.
In this case, his skin tone is more a gradient of earth tones, rather than a banana in the jungle like the jungle hunter.
His hair is long and without the rings - it mimics the long, dark human hair of the native protagonists. The head is more proportional to a human's proportions, but with a hunched posture.
From the waist up there isn't any armor, and the gauntlets follow swooping blade shapes and are secured by neatly cut leather straps of the same uniform thickness. His loin cloth hangs low in the front and and has a kind of fury/tasseled silhouette. His helmet, while having tech, appears as a skull - serves as a centerpiece or focal point like first nation art is accustom to doing. All this is referential to the protagonist's dress.

Jungle hunter's armor was designed off of firearm and modern military decoration and shapes - his tech jammed tightly together like a cockpit console. As mentioned before, his skin is banana colored. The mask they used is described as "tribal".
It's all sort of subliminal stuff you don't tend to recognize outright.
I know the deep set eyes and the higher "snarling" upper edge of the mouth/mandibles is intended to be more cromag, but in my estimation, there's no great design reason they couldn't have done something more like city hunter with his lower mandibles looking like a mammalian jaw. Mess with anything else, just not his pretty face!
A thoughtful comment but I still think they could have made him look like he's from the same species and still contain the design points you've outlined above.
Similar to how CH has very different colouring from JH and a different facial structure, he still looks like a member of the same species.
His armour is also quite different, but also looks like it belongs to a Predator.

Could be worse...
giphy.webp
Could be worse worse…

D6247CE2-EDEE-4ACD-9D71-26A35E76AF80.jpeg

Would love a figure of Naru + Dog + Predator. I've always been more of a fan of the biomask designs that the Predators have had throughout the years. Never cared too much how they looked underneath (aside from the original and wolf maybe) and that goes the same for the new one. Even the AVP Predators (Wolf, Celtic, etc) has had cool biomask designs. Really dig the unique bone/mandibles on the side look that this one had. Hope we get some figures from this movie but I highly doubt it with how Hot Toys has been with anything Predator related. It's a forgotten property for them but I'd love to be proven wrong.

FP8zSe4.png

WXIa7hP.png
I’m shocked anyone would even consider posing it without that awesome mask tbh. He could be Ana de Armas under there for all I care, the mask is staying on.

I guess a real Pred heads here. Instead talking about Amber Midthunder's "curved armor" all we post is Predator armor and design hahaha I would buy Prey Predator figure and date Naru. End of debate lol...

Nah too young for me. I draw the line when I'm old enough to be their daddy.

Technically there's no reason why the Predator's appearance would in any way mirror the humans it is on Earth to hunt. It's an Alien from another planet with interstellar travel capabilities. From that standpoint alone its technology is way ahead of 1980/90s human development let alone the 1700s. The Predator could maybe make the conscious choice to limit itself in weapons and armour based on humanity's level of development of the time so as to make the hunt more challenging but anything more than that makes no particular sense. The Feral should look like the same species as the Jungle and City Hunters. So the idea that they would make significant changes to the classic design towards the end of making it look First Nation-inspired is a little annoying if anything.

I'm not a fan of the design at all, it feels like a proto-Yautja from "Predators" rather than something resembling what came from P1 but regardless, I enjoyed the movie so I'll give it a pass.

I've sold all my HT Predator figures to just keep one, with the "final battle" being between keeping the Jungle Hunter MMS90 or the modded Classic, and the JH won so I'm probably happy with just one figure representing the franchise for me.

So anyway... Do we actually think this Predator figure (or any new Predator figures or reissues for that matter) will be made by HT?

It's such an unpredictable company and seeing all the Marvel and Star Wars onslaught they have to keep up with, I'm not having much hope.

They really loved doing Preds in the past, but do they still? Has the utter failure that was The Predator ruined any chances of new figures? We never even got an updated Jungle Hunter. They sorta cheated with the Classic Pred from Predators, but that doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.
And a new JH would sell. It would sell well. No doubt about it.

The only thing that gives me a sparkle of hope is the announcement of the Robocop 3 figure. Sure it's just a repaint with some extra accessories thrown in (which may be recasts from the old Robocop 3 figure). But they could pull the same thing for the JH.

I really miss the times when HT properties were more spread out and more diverse. Those were the golden years as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, looking back I was a dumb 25 year-old kid back then, focussing on mainly Marvel stuff and the things that were hot at the time, and therefore missing out on figures of characters I grew up with.

I'm hoping the Robocop announcement is a baby step back in that direction, but after seeing some Iron Man and Cap reissues and a chrome Stormtrooper, I'm not holding my breath.

So anyway... Do we actually think this Predator figure (or any new Predator figures or reissues for that matter) will be made by HT?

It's such an unpredictable company and seeing all the Marvel and Star Wars onslaught they have to keep up with, I'm not having much hope.

They really loved doing Preds in the past, but do they still? Has the utter failure that was The Predator ruined any chances of new figures? We never even got an updated Jungle Hunter. They sorta cheated with the Classic Pred from Predators, but that doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing that gives me a sparkle of hope is the announcement of the Robocop 3 figure. Sure it's just a repaint with some extra accessories thrown in (which may be recasts from the old Robocop 3 figure). But they could pull the same thing for the JH.

I really miss the times when HT properties were more spread out and more diverse. Those were the golden years as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately, looking back I was a dumb 25 year-old kid back then, focussing on mainly Marvel stuff and the things that were hot at the time, and therefore missing out on figures of characters I grew up with.

I'm hoping the Robocop announcement is a baby step back in that direction, but after seeing some Iron Man and Cap reissues and a chrome Stormtrooper, I'm not holding my breath.
NECA are due to reveal their Feral Predator soon. If we don't see a Hot Toys reveal around that time too then it will be a no.

If they don't make Feral, from a film that is currently receiving a lot of praise and has lots of attention on social media, then I can't see them making another Predator again.

The RoboCop one made me wonder if InArt are picking up that licence, and Hot Toys rushed one last figure out to get the first shot in. Much like they did with all those Back to the Future figures when InArt announced they’d be making a DeLorean (and presumably Marty and Doc figures).

Do Hot Toys have an exclusive 1:6 licence for Predator, like they seem to have with Alien? If that’s the case then we could just as easily get a Chrome Jet Trooper as a Feral Predator.

Damn it makes me so angry when I think how they’ve pissed away the Predator and Alien lines in recent years. My second greatest love after Star Wars. What a waste. The response to the new films proves there’s a massive fanbase out there.

Back