Predator Prey- Any Chances Of New Predator Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBH I’m desperate for them to do Chopper 2.0 and finish the trio of brothers from AvP. Say what you will about the movie but the look of the preds was on point!
I have always loved the design of Scar (both masked and unmasked). I only found out recently there was hatred for his unmasked head. Even thought the movie wasn't half bad. Just a fun watch.
He's the only HT Predator I have at the moment, but I'd love a new Chopper as well. I think he looks very awesome with those skulls on sticks on his back. I think Celtic is my least favorite of the three. Something about the biomask that looks too mechanical to me.

I have always loved the design of Scar (both masked and unmasked). I only found out recently there was hatred for his unmasked head. Even thought the movie wasn't half bad. Just a fun watch.
He's the only HT Predator I have at the moment, but I'd love a new Chopper as well. I think he looks very awesome with those skulls on sticks on his back. I think Celtic is my least favorite of the three. Something about the biomask that looks too mechanical to me.
Really, Celtic has been one of my favourites to ever come on screen

There is a video floating around of the practical effects for Feral's face, and it looks a million times better than the CGI in the finished film. It solidified my love of the look for this guy and I'm craving something to put on my shelf

Maybe it’s because I’m younger but I recently just watched the whole franchise (excluding The Predator and AVP:R) but I actually think Prey tops my list in terms of enjoyment/rewatchability.

My list would probably go:

1. Prey
2. Predators
3. Predator
4. AvP
5. Predator 2

Predator 1 is a great movie and the Predator itself has held up really well but some of the acting and pacing is a little off imo. Also in some places a lot of the film has not aged well.

Predator 2 I didn’t like very much at all! I thought it was slow, boring, and I only really enjoyed the last 30 minutes.

Predators I enjoyed and AvP, even though is super early-2000s cheese, has some fantastic predator designs and moments. The three brothers aesthetically I think are the best preds in the series for me.

Okay I’m ready to be crucified now.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s because I’m younger but I recently just watched the whole franchise (excluding The Predator and AVP:R) but I actually think Prey tops my list in terms of enjoyment/rewatchability.

1. Prey
2. Predators
3. Predator
4. AvP
5. Predator 2

Predator 1 is a great movie and the Predator itself has held up really well but some of the acting and pacing is a little off imo. Also in some places a lot of the film has not aged well.

Predator 2 I didn’t like very much at all! I thought it was slow, boring, and I only really enjoyed the last 30 minutes.

Predators I enjoyed and AvP, even though is super early-2000s cheese, has some fantastic predator designs and moments. The three brothers aesthetically I think are the best preds in the series for me.

iu

Some of it has aged better. Has some of the best practical effects ever done. Something no effects company has never been able to match and never will.

I know this is a little off topic but has anyone been collecting the new Marvel Predator comics?

Not yet - but I may well pick them up at some point.
I’m going crazy trying to find all the covers that’s been released for issue #1 I think I have them all except one and the one I’m looking for doesn’t have a photo of the cover anywhere 😩

1. Prey
2. Predators
3. Predator
4. AvP
5. Predator 2

After watching Prey on it's releasedate I have been revisiting some of the other Predator films. One of them was Predator 2. I think it's quite a chore to get through. I agree that it's kinda slow and boring. The best scenes are the very last ones inside the Predator ship. They did some good bit of worldbuilding for the Predators there. They have some awesome looking Predators with the City Hunter and the Elder, but the movie fails to impress me.

It's nowhere near as bad as The Predator though. That one truly sucks.

Predator 2 is a very good sequel. I'd take LA Cops + El Scorpio and his crew of Columbian Drug Lords + King Willie's Vodoo Posse + Busey's Special Ops Govt Team over Naru and the Frenchmen any day of the week. hell, the armed people on the train that were massacred were better than the French dudes in Prey.

While i don't expect the young kids to grasp Predator 2, what they are missing is that the film has pretty much everything we love about action-horror 80's - 90s movies. Blood, Drugs, Boobs, Explosions, horrific deaths, Guns & Monsters. This is peak popcorn late 80s early 90s cinema folks. They hipster millennials aren't supposed to get this, it's not for them, Movies like Prey and The Predator are for them.

Predator 2 is legitimately scary and is a horror movie starring a magnificent Stan Winston Predator and a great cast. It's falls way short from the first, but in terms of horror, it's a little more hardcore than the first and the score really hammers this home. I prefer Silverstri's P2 score over his P1 score. Watch it in the dark alone at 2AM with the surround sound cranked up, give it a honest viewing alone in the dark, remove the hipster 2022 glasses and you will be entertained., It's head and shoulders #2 far above any other Predator film aside from the original masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I love Predator 2 and will defend it to the day I die, but even people who saw it in the '90s didn't like it. The "hipster millennial" boogeymen aren't responsible for the lack of respect it gets these days. And trust me, The Predator was far from a hit with that age group. :lol

I mean, I love Predator 2 and will defend it to the day I die, but even people who saw it in the '90s didn't like it. The "hipster millennial" boogeymen aren't responsible for the lack of respect it gets these days. And trust me, The Predator was far from a hit with that age group. :lol

haha, yes. I like Predator 2 as well, but it is flawed, and has had a mixed reception from day one. The first is still well regarded by most, it's nothing to do with age.

Millenials can be 40 years old these days. It's probably past the time to complain about those damn kids on your lawn.

Last edited:
Back