Predator Prey- Any Chances Of New Predator Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The moment a new 1/6 predator comes out with real leather and not that stupid Hot Toys pleather material I’ll be ready to spend whatever they have to offer

I had to replace all the pleather parts on most of my Predators with real leather. Some of it was easy, like straps holding on armour pieces. Others not so much, like loin cloth on Berserker or the leather tassle things on the AvP Preds belts.

And that’s why I’m looking for a professional before pulling the trigger:lol

And that’s why I’m looking for a professional before pulling the trigger:lol
It wasn't as difficult as you might think. As long as the pleather hasn't totally disintegrated you can use it as a template for your leather.
Arm and leg straps for armour pieces are easy.
Loin cloth is a bit trickier but use the existing one as a template. You can draw around it, on the reverse side of your leather piece. Cut it out with a sharp crafting knife.
I'd suggest maybe cutting it out so you have more leather material than was originally there of the pleather.
Seems that leather doesn't have as much give as pleather and you may find that even though you used the pleather as a template, you need a little more leather to get it to fit properly.

Last edited:
Luckily the loincloth is still in a good condition, so I don't have to replace that for now. Only the straps are falling apart. I'm looking into buying some leftover leather from a leatherworker and replace the straps myself. I'm quite handy and I don't mind tinkering with such things, so I'm actually looking forward to doing it.

@ScoutingForToys Great advice! :goodpost: Thanks!

Luckily the loincloth is still in a good condition, so I don't have to replace that for now. Only the straps are falling apart. I'm looking into buying some leftover leather from a leatherworker and replace the straps myself. I'm quite handy and I don't mind tinkering with such things, so I'm actually looking forward to doing it.

@ScoutingForToys Great advice! :goodpost: Thanks!
You can buy leather strips from Amazon. Come in various thicknesses. I can't remember off top of my head the measurement you need but you can get 2mm-4mm if I remember right.
I'd suggest measuring the existing pleather straps.
It's used for jewellery making, but is also ideal for replacing straps on Hot Toys Predators.
I managed to find some that quite nicely matched the Berserker/Tracker/Falcon Preds and AvP Preds, colour wise.
EDIT: If you're replacing the straps on the AvP Preds or any of the classic P1/P2 Preds, be careful with the netting. You don't want to get any glue on it or snag it. You just need to be careful and take your time.
The "Predators" ones are easier to work with, so I'd start there.
The armour pieces have little indentations on the underside for the pleather strips to go. The pleather was glued there. You can do the same with your leather strips.
Those little indentations are quite useful as a guide for where you need to attach your leather.
I'd avoid superglues that have a watery/thin consistency as it gets messy.
Use one of the gel ones but be careful how much you use. Should only need a little dab for the leather strips.
Good luck mate.

Last edited:
After reading this thread I got my celtic pred out to check the pleather out of curiosity and the armor strap on his left bicep fell off and one of the strips on his loincloth is peeling off too. I've only had him out of the box once before this to briefly display him when he first came out.

GAH!

It wasn't going to matter. These were made with the worst pleather. Who knew there was worse, but there is.

You can buy leather strips from Amazon. Come in various thicknesses. I can't remember off top of my head the measurement you need but you can get 2mm-4mm if I remember right.
I'd suggest measuring the existing pleather straps.
It's used for jewellery making, but is also ideal for replacing straps on Hot Toys Predators.
I managed to find some that quite nicely matched the Berserker/Tracker/Falcon Preds and AvP Preds, colour wise.
EDIT: If you're replacing the straps on the AvP Preds or any of the classic P1/P2 Preds, be careful with the netting. You don't want to get any glue on it or snag it. You just need to be careful and take your time.
The "Predators" ones are easier to work with, so I'd start there.
The armour pieces have little indentations on the underside for the pleather strips to go. The pleather was glued there. You can do the same with your leather strips.
Those little indentations are quite useful as a guide for where you need to attach your leather.
I'd avoid superglues that have a watery/thin consistency as it gets messy.
Use one of the gel ones but be careful how much you use. Should only need a little dab for the leather strips.
Good luck mate.

This is very helpful! Thank you very much! :duff

I'll post the progress in the Berserker thread when I start to replace the pleather.

giphy-downsized.gif

Back