Predator Prey- Any Chances Of New Predator Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, I love Predator 2 and will defend it to the day I die, but even people who saw it in the '90s didn't like it. The "hipster millennial" boogeymen aren't responsible for the lack of respect it gets these days. And trust me, The Predator was far from a hit with that age group. :lol

decent point about mixed feeling form the get-go there Blade, but i wholeheartedly disagree.

What im seeing is that the majority of Hardcore Predator fans have Predator 2 ranked as #2 on the list of Predator films. This is a consistent fact when comparing the majority of hardcore Predator fans lists. The casuals fans, the people that are newer to the franchise, or got into the series around AVP, or Predators or even worse...this straight to Hulu film, have Predator 2 ranked at the bottom, and this Hulu film as #2, or in some cases #1.

iu

Last edited:
haha, yes. I like Predator 2 as well, but it is flawed, and has had a mixed reception from day one. The first is still well regarded by most, it's nothing to do with age.

Millenials can be 40 years old these days. It's probable past the time to complain about those damn kids on your lawn.
Yeah I’m 41 years old and been a fan of predator forever. And Predator 2 was just ok. Like a 6/10. Could have been great cause the idea of a predator hunting in the city was awesome.

Yeah I’m 41 years old and been a fan of predator forever. And Predator 2 was just ok. Like a 6/10. Could have been great cause the idea of a predator hunting in the city was awesome.

I'm almost the same age and I always thought P2 was a 5/10, at best. The concept was pretty awesome, I have to admit. And I really like Keyes team but the copper color and rough helmet of the P2 never really connected with me. Super cool weapons though.

"I'm too old for this" Danny Glover always killed the movie for me the most though:lol

I'm 37. Predator 2 is the first Predator movie I ever saw. Of course I loved it back then when I was a kid. Loved the creature, the weapons and everything. When I saw Predator a while later, that quickly took first place.
There was a long time between first seeing P2 and rewatching it. By then I was older, seen more movies and started appreciating them differently. Just a cool creature and some action wasn't enough for me anymore. And by that time P2 began to fall short for me. I'll still revisit it every decade or so, but like @Jaycepticon, for me it's about a 5/10 as well and that is mainly because of the last 15 minutes or so.

About to turn 40, love Predator 2. Didn't love it so much when I was a youngster, I preferred Arnie and the Jungle and I think I found parts of P2 a bit disturbing. Over the years though it rose in my estimation to pretty much P1 status.

My favorite scene is the Slaughterhouse when the Predator knows he himself is being stalked but he can't see anything - I love when he's switching vision-modes and his reaction to seeing the shoulder lamps. There's perfect tension-building music as he circles to his attack-point and while the guys at the command station panic and realize the ***ts about to hit the fan.

Time flies!

Another 13 years and you'll be 50 - still waiting for a new Hot Toys Predator. :lol
And the wait is taking too long already. But in the meantime I was able to find a great deal on this awesome fella:

20220820_110238.jpg

The figure itself is in great shape, some of the pleather straps are starting to desintigrate, but that shouldn't be too much trouble to replace those.

And the wait is taking too long already. But in the meantime I was able to find a great deal on this awesome fella:

View attachment 595552

The figure itself is in great shape, some of the pleather straps are starting to desintigrate, but that shouldn't be too much trouble to replace those.
Yeah the pleather straps on my Falconer Pred gave up a while ago. I think pleather is my least favourite word now. :exactly:

Yeah the pleather straps on my Falconer Pred gave up a while ago. I think pleather is my least favourite word now. :exactly:

Yeah - I hear ya - but if I'm honest, it's a close call between "pleather" and "grunties" [(C) Python circa late 1970's] :bunnydanc

I have ALMOST every Hot Toys Pred ever made (right from the very first - and including the human characters). Most mint-in-box. Not that fussed about them these days. Probably going to let them go at some point over the next couple of years.

View attachment 595552

That’s the biggest scare I have re-buying a Berserker. My pleather was starting to flake up when I sold him and so many for sale have these defects now.

Is there anybody reliable that can fix/upgrade those pieces?

You are taking a gamble in buying these. Not a terrible gamble. They are fairly easy to replace with a little skill. I have all three and the pleather was coming apart in the box on release.

I had to replace all the pleather parts on most of my Predators with real leather. Some of it was easy, like straps holding on armour pieces. Others not so much, like loin cloth on Berserker or the leather tassle things on the AvP Preds belts.

Back