Predator Jungle Hunter bust 1/3 - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bust @ $899 is a tough pill to swallow. The price point was the only reason i didn't place a day 1 Pre-Order as it was shocking tbh. After much deliberation, i hopped on the waitlist direct with Prime 1. I'm looking at it from the perspective it's an expansion pack to the sickest statue ever released. The bust gives us more display options not just with the extra closed mouth head, which IMO is the best head of the bunch, but being able to display the bust with bio or the roaring head in another room, or on another shelf. I agree with most of the posts on here in regards to price, but if i passed my epic statue would feel incomplete, i've gone this far i might as well finish the job.

the bust @ $899 is a tough pill to swallow. The price point was the only reason i didn't place a day 1 Pre-Order as it was shocking tbh. After much deliberation, i hopped on the waitlist direct with Prime 1. I'm looking at it from the perspective it's an expansion pack to the sickest statue ever released. The bust gives us more display options not just with the extra closed mouth head, which IMO is the best head of the bunch, but being able to display the bust with bio or the roaring head in another room, or on another shelf. I agree with most of the posts on here in regards to price, but if i passed my epic statue would feel incomplete, i've gone this far i might as well finish the job.

hYbM90F.gif

This hobby has become almost exclusively for the rich at this scale and with these famous licenses like Predator and Terminator. Im ok with that as I bought the statue and this bust. I will never need another Predator piece again so this is it for Predator. Pay the 4K and be DONE with it.

hahaha. i agree it's shocking for multiple reasons, the price, the waitlist with no low stock warning, ect. This head looks unreal in the video above and what convinced me was looking at my NECA 1/4 Predators. My favorite of the bunch is the closed mouth head, by a mile. It's a lotta $$$$ but i can't miss out on this head. I wanted to get the waitlist in early with hopes of an early convert so i can be done with this saga. I have a feeling once a couple early waitlists start to convert, other people will start to jump on the waitlist.

:mexwave

This hobby has become almost exclusively for the rich at this scale and with these famous licenses like Predator and Terminator. Im ok with that as I bought the statue and this bust. I will never need another Predator piece again so this is it for Predator. Pay the 4K and be DONE with it.
Let's hope it winds up looking like a $4K (or even $3K) piece.

I have considered doing the same, for the same reasons. So far I have held off. That closed mouth head really pushes the line of something that would just be really nice to have with the full statue and being almost a must have to go with the statue. Which makes the Prime1 exclusive rollout and price all the more insulting. Especially when you consider that the deluxe statue includes two open mouth sculpts when 99% of buyers would have preferred just the fully open and fully closed.

Prime1 knew what the were doing here, they knew it was a sleazy way to make a $3k statue a $4k statue, and they did it anyway.

I have considered doing the same, for the same reasons. So far I have held off. That closed mouth head really pushes the line of something that would just be really nice to have with the full statue and being almost a must have to go with the statue. Which makes the Prime1 exclusive rollout and price all the more insulting. Especially when you consider that the deluxe statue includes two open mouth sculpts when 99% of buyers would have preferred just the fully open and fully closed.

Prime1 knew what the were doing here, they knew it was a sleazy way to make a $3k statue a $4k statue, and they did it anyway.
I agree with everything you said and i feel the same way about it all. It's the most ridiculous statue purchase i have ever made and the bust just took it to the next level. Luckily for me there is no other statue i would spend this money on ever again. After seeing the Joker add on bust, i was prepared for this to be about $500-$700. The $899 price point was shocking, but i don't buy many pieces anymore these days. I'm looking at the extra $200-$300 as me passing on something small in the 12" scale to get this. I think in mid to late 2023 when i have everything on display and it's all paid for, i won't regret my decision to get the bust and the bonus version of the statue.

I will never need another Predator piece again so this is it for Predator. Pay the 4K and be DONE with it.
There will always be something bigger and better that will grab collectors attention. I remember getting the McFarlane Predator figures thinking how awesome they were. :lol

There will always be something bigger and better that will grab collectors attention. I remember getting the McFarlane Predator figures thinking how awesome they were. :lol
Nah.. the next time another company or Prime 1 makes another (1/3 scale which is the largest ill go) of the classic predator with all these switch outs Ill be dead lol. This is it for me.

And McFarlane Predator is still impressive. Badly painted but sculpture is well done.

Going to come clean and report some findings. I joined Prime 1's waitlist around the beginning of November to test whether it would convert immediately (or within a few days). It didn't. I've no doubt some orders will be cancelled closer to release as often happens with collectibles, but for the time being it's not budging.

I also noticed Sugo Toys still has this at a discount low enough that a US buyer can pay as much (if not less) for the bust there than via Prime 1, but with expedited EMS shipping. A better deal overall.

Knowing this, I made the decision to cancel my waitlist with Prime 1 and order from Sugo. I figure I'll keep the closed-mouth portrait and sell the rest of the bust along with the Gort head to recoup most of the price. I'll also be selling the Big Chap and Warrior statues when they arrive, keeping only their respective busts.

That, together with the fact that the 1/3 City Hunter won't be here until at least 2024 should make it possible to wind up with two 1/3 Predator statues and three 1/3 Alien busts, rounding out the AVP collection I've always dreamed of -- assuming the Predators are painted well.

my Waitlist just converted for the Bust.

pbpr-04_a12.jpg

i'm happy that chapter is over. I'll be keeping the statue and the bust.

pbpr-04_a22-02.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if any waitlists don't convert tbh.

agreed about the waitlist. it was bust or bust for me :lol

I was thinking about cancelling the statue if i didn't get the bust. The Bonus Version with all the extra goodies may be the coolest piece ever, but add the Torso Bust and the extra Closed Mandible head, it's pretty much a GOD-tier colletible. I think it's going to be a total of 4 boxes, i don't know of any statue that has 4 boxes. This is the only statue i would ever go this crazy over is THE 1987 PREDATOR. i figured i might as well do it.

back to the waitlist. I was worried with all the negative comments Prime 1 received on this bust they would make it super limited. I know this the definition of FOMO. I don't think many PO'd this; maybe 100 people. i had a fear that Prime 1 would say ohhh you think the price sucks? you think we're greedy? LIMITED to 100 pieces. There! Now you can't get it even if you want it, only the people that supported it from the get go get one. if that's the case i would've kicked myself for not picking it up. yes, total FOMO :lol

Funny thing is, i will probably get the bust long before the actual statue. I ordered the statue from Secret Compass and it sound like they're delivery times are way behind other distributers, and like 9-12 months behind Prime 1.

Last edited:
Back