Predator Jungle Hunter bust 1/3 - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that we are talking about a 1:3 bust that costs about a grand makes me terrified at what costs we will be discussing 5-10 years from now. These prices from these companies are not keeping pace with the average rate of inflation. They are going exponentially higher in comparison. Soon, at this rate, this hobby will be left only to an elite few who will gladly pay $1500 for a 1:4 bust with shotty factory paint.

The bubble will burst.
We're already there now. Going back approximately ten years I recall buying 1/4 Star Wars pieces for $350. We'll never see that again for a SW character.

It's the same routine...
We will ***** and complain about inaccuracies and paint app forgetting that we are a minority in this forum. There's still hundreds, if not thousands, of people that will pay the asking price. In the end, we end up buying it anyway (yes, I'm guilty of doing this too!) and the industry continues to take advantage year after year increasing prices beyond the current inflation rates.
As you said, 5-10 years from now, I'll bet we will be looking back at the 1/3 Predator and saying in astonishment, "Remember when it was only $3,000?" LOL!

I bought the DX and I will buy a T-800 endo from T2 along with a BD Arnold in the future and that is it for me. I am going to quit the hobby for good.

It just occurred to me: spending $900 on the new Oniri Robocop or their upcoming T1 Arnold doesn't seem so crazy anymore.

They'd sell a lot more if they just combined these four heads into two releases: one with the BD and closed-mouth (for the statue POs) and one with the masked and roaring mouth (for the newcomers).

They'd sell a lot more if they just combined these four heads into two releases: one with the BD and closed-mouth (for the statue POs) and one with the masked and roaring mouth (for the newcomers).
what-if-i-told-you-nothing-here-makes-sense.jpg

Has Prime1 ever rigged waitlist stuff before? Like a few hours or a few days later it "magically" converts. Sideshow has done it many times.

At least on Sideshow when a waitlist converts you have a choice to proceed. The way the Prime1 process seems to work is automatic charge upon conversion. Is this correct?

Absolute Bull**t :ROFLMAO: There is No way they have sold that many for this price. Either they have cut the ES to 100, or they are halting sales until they figure out what to do about this mess. That or it's just Prime 1 being shady as heck right now and trying to gain a few FOMO purchases. Don't fall for it...

What I really want is a 1/4 version of this closed mouth head to go on the 1/4 version, maybe that could be a cheaper alternative for some of us, and that can definitely use the simple base just like the other 1/4 heads for the same Joker price of $300 -$350 ish. I know that doesn't solve the 1/3 issue but just dropping my wish here while we're all just wishful thinking lol.

Some folks on Facebook were thinking the waitlist might be due to Prime 1 allotting busts for other retailers.

Basically every Predator item they have ever made is still available, many of them are at retailers also, many with way lower ES numbers and represent a better value for the customer. I don't think this is anything more than devious tactics to try and shift a few via FOMO.

This is interesting.... It's not a huge amount, but apparently voicing complaints can sometimes work.

E6pUfN4.jpg

Back