Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure when...

1654721861672.png

I saw the trailer and think it's promising, definitely couldn't be any worse than the last film!

Because I'm an idiot and got too excited, I made a mistake and sent the trailer to a friend only for him to reply "the first two sentence about her being told she can't be a hunter turned me off, too woke" and said he won't watch it.

I then told him that Arnold literally had that same crap told to his face back when he was starting out "You can't do this, you can't do that etc" when it comes to bodybuilding, migrating to America or getting into acting but could sense that my buddy was getting agitated so I'd rather not start an argument with over a dumb movie.

I saw the trailer and think it's promising, definitely couldn't be any worse than the last film!

Because I'm an idiot and got too excited, I made a mistake and sent the trailer to a friend only for him to reply "the first two sentence about her being told she can't be a hunter turned me off, too woke" and said he won't watch it.

I then told him that Arnold literally had that same crap told to his face back when he was starting out "You can't do this, you can't do that etc" when it comes to bodybuilding, migrating to America or getting into acting but could sense that my buddy was getting agitated so I'd rather not start an argument with over a dumb movie.

4A2A7BAF-BE63-44E0-BDA0-BD50D59C6678.jpeg

If you have a Hulu sub already you are safe..so you don’t have to worry about wasting your money on a ticket if this is a tanker..so this was a smart move by the producers make it exclusively for streaming

Plus I think a lot more viewers would watch this film rather than having them wait for people to see it in a theater

So it might be one of Hulu’s most watched original movies viewed

If it's handled properly (the script - not your buddy :) ) this will be fine.

Trachtenberg will have guessed at the snide comments idiots will make so will hopefully avoid the stupidity that has infested Hollywood.

Of course - if he doesn't - I'll deny I ever typed this, and claim my account was hijacked :naughty

I don't know which side is more sensitive these days. If Aliens came out today, people would freak. If Predator came out today, people would freak.

...and none of the outrage would change the fact that we still don't have good 1/6 figures from either film.

...and none of the outrage would change the fact that we still don't have good 1/6 figures from either film.
If Prey is received well and do they do release a Feral Predator (that's a big if), then there might be a slim chance of seeing an updated 1/6 Jungle Hunter. I can't see it though (as much as we want it :gah:).

I don't know which side is more sensitive these days. If Aliens came out today, people would freak. If Predator came out today, people would freak.

Can you imagine the tears today if a movie had a woman showing the 2 guys who were supposed to be rescuing her how to escape the detention block?

If you have a Hulu sub already you are safe..so you don’t have to worry about wasting your money on a ticket if this is a tanker..so this was a smart move by the producers make it exclusively for streaming

Plus I think a lot more viewers would watch this film rather than having them wait for people to see it in a theater

So it might be one of Hulu’s most watched original movies viewed

If this was a cinema release there's no way I'd pay the price of a ticket to see it, but since it's going to be on a streaming service I already have, I'll probably give it a watch at some point.

If this was a cinema release there's no way I'd pay the price of a ticket to see it, but since it's going to be on a streaming service I already have, I'll probably give it a watch at some point.
Watching it as soon as available, can't wait.
I'm on a work shutdown on the 5th 😊

Prey-Trailer-Predator-5-Amber-Midthunder-Poster.jpg

Last edited:
Watching it as soon as available, can't wait.
I'm on a work shutdown on the 5th 😊

View attachment 582200

Ditto - but then I'm on a work shutdown most of the time :LOL:

It'll likely be the "Comanche dubbed" version I watch out the gate - just sounds like it'll be more "immersive".

Back