Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming up with a design you like and coming up with a design everybody likes aren't the same thing.

Coming up with a design you like and coming up with a design everybody likes aren't the same thing.
Yeah but come on, 95% of Predator fans could sketch something better than this...

402236-DE473158-7FD2-423B-B404-5BA8EFB288E4.jpeg

I watched Predator last night (4K version on Disney). When he unmasks, I'm convinced it's a real creature.
Agreed! To me it's the eyes that do the trick. There is life behind them, there is intelligence behind them and that's one thing that's glaringly missing from this new Predator.

Agreed! To me it's the eyes that do the trick. There is life behind them, there is intelligence behind them and that's one thing that's glaringly missing from this new Predator.
That was my thought too.
The eyes are too far apart, makes him look dumb, or insect like.
Would have looked much better if the eyes were positioned closer to each other, and a bit sunken.

I think they need to change absolutely everything about that awful face, not just the eyes.
Soon as that... thing... was brought out to show others, they should have taken one look at it, sneered in disgust and binned it.

I think they need to change absolutely everything about that awful face, not just the eyes.
Soon as that... thing... was brought out to show others, they should have taken one look at it, sneered in disgust and binned it.
You can immediately tell that there is so much wrong with it. The upper mandibles for instance don't appear to be remotely functional.

Last edited:
You can immediately tell that there is so much wrong with it. The upper mandibles for instance don't appear to be remotely functional.
Yeah, they not only look wrong for a Predator, they look plain unnatural. The area they hinge/bend looks weird and stiff. They look like they just physically wouldn't work.

I akways thought the pred without the mask look kinda goofy. Like crab people or maybe spider face men. Idk they just always looked silly except for the first one I guess. The mask gives them a sense of mystery and fear. Like you don’t want to know what’s behind the mask cause he’s already a badass with it on

Yeah, they not only look wrong for a Predator, they look plain unnatural. The area they hinge/bend looks weird and stiff. They look like they just physically wouldn't work.
Forgetting the design for a minute, the face movements looked much better on screen. They must have put CGI on top of the practical head. Looked more natural than what's come before from ADI.

I cannot be the only one who think he kinna looks like a combination of the hounds from Predators and 2018 right?
1660329515643.png

1660329573913.png

What do you see the unmasked face for like 30 seconds of the movie? lol you guys can't move past that to enjoy the rest of film? I didn't love it either but I didn't get up and yell at the TV when I saw it.

What do you see the unmasked face for like 30 seconds of the movie? lol you guys can't move past that to enjoy the rest of film? I didn't love it either but I didn't get up and yell at the TV when I saw it.
I don't think anyone has said they didn't enjoy the film because they messed up the Predators face.
Simply discussing the Predator design because, you know, we're Predator fans.

I don't think anyone has said they didn't enjoy the film because they messed up the Predators face.
Simply discussing the Predator design because, you know, we're Predator fans.
Yup. Clearly stated loved the movie, hated the Pred design.

'Monster' design and appearance is a huge part of any movie especially Predator movies.
Unfortunately for everyone else the original was done by a genius!

Back