Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same idea. It started with small prey at first. The snake hardly posed a threat, so he moved up to the wolf. He could've taken him out at once but he dared him into somewhat of a fight. Same with the bear. The Pred got mauled a bit, but when playtime was over he quickly ended it. Then he started to get really cocky around the humans.
The evolution of his hunt was done well. Nice use of the films title, Prey.

LOL - I stopped reading thread updates from page 18 to 30 ( to avoid spoilers over the last 2 weeks).

Watched this today and really enjoyed it.

Not a classic in the same way PREDATOR & PREDATOR 2 were, and not as intense as PREDATORS, but in the same way that Dark Horse have kept the franchise alive, so will this.

Very VERY well acted, scripted, filmed and paced (even thought the 1st 30mins were a bit slow) - I'm SO glad this was made.

My ranking:
1) Predator 2​
2) Predator​
3) Predators​
4=) Prey​
4=) The Predator (1st hour only due to characterisations)​
6) AVP​
7) AVP-R​

For me its:

1. Predator
2. Predator 2
3. Prey

And I don't count the rest.

I really like that in some regards the Predators' tech advanced right along with humans so that this one didn't have all the same weapons as the ones from 1987 and 1997. Allowing the Predators from those three films to have different gear is yet another thing that sets each apart from one another.

For me its:

1. Predator
2. Predator 2
3. Prey

And I don't count the rest.

I really like that in some regards the Predators' tech advanced right along with humans so that this one didn't have all the same weapons as the ones from 1987 and 1997. Allowing the Predators from those three films to have different gear is yet another thing that sets each apart from one another.

It's all good my friend - we don't need to agree on everything (y)

The evolution of his hunt was done well. Nice use of the films title, Prey.
I liked Naru's evolution as a hunter too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:

Additional . . .

Definitely the best unmasked Predator design since P2 - and they TOTALLY were inspired by an early Narin design (not going to provide a link - true fans will know
:wink:
)

HOWEVER - the biggest balls-up was their handling of subtitles - TOTAL bollocks - seriously guys - WTF ?!?! . . . I gave in with the "Comanche" version 8 mins in when I got fed up of ""winds rustling" / "dog barking" etc.) so I switched to the regular version. THEN - on THAT - they didn't bother providing subtitles for various part of Comanche OR ANY of the French dialogue. Friggin' idiots - you've had a year to prep the subtitles and STILL #$#$#$# it up! ?!!?!?!

just saw the film, so now we know where the pistol in Predator 2 comes from..

Spoiler Spoiler:
Naru is the best part of the film. Despite the issues I have with the film, she was a good protagonist.

Considering how some Freaks have been acting recently, I'm not surprised at all when they throw hissy fits. :lol

GraciousChillyGartersnake-max-1mb.gif

"Gurlz are not sooposed to be gooder than boyz!"
:nana:
This film wasn't woke at all IMO. Naru wasn't better than the boys. She tried to project that she was just as good a hunter as the men because she felt she had to but it was almost all talk. She chastised her brother for almost getting his bowstring wet before soaking her own bow and almost dying because of it. Her brother and some of the other men far outclassed her in direct combat against the creature so she had to find other ways to turn the tide of battle in her favor.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lecture

I think preconceptions about this film have put some people off entirely.

I was expecting one thing, and was content to see that at least it was being done well. It then became clear that this was a diversion from the norm and there was intelligence behind it's creation, while still keeping true to the lore.

Additional . . .

Definitely the best unmasked Predator design since P2 - and they TOTALLY were inspired by an early Narin design (not going to provide a link - true fans will know
)

HOWEVER - the biggest balls-up was their handling of subtitles - TOTAL bollocks - seriously guys - WTF ?!?! . . . I gave in with the "Comanche" version 8 mins in when I got fed up of ""winds rustling" / "dog barking" etc.) so I switched to the regular version. THEN - on THAT - they didn't bother providing subtitles for various part of Comanche OR ANY of the French dialogue. Friggin' idiots - you've had a year to prep the subtitles and STILL #$#$#$# it up! ?!!?!?!

Same here. I started the dubbed version for my second viewing however gave up and switched back. You could tell the dubbing was done in a studio and the descriptions were too much.

Additional . . .

)

I grew to like the heavy, animalistic look. It reminded me of the heavy face of a bison, but the background as to why they changed the design didn't refer to that at all.

Additional . . .

)

Yeah, my two biggest criticisms are the lack of actors speaking Comanche and the subpar CGI for some of the regular animals.

LOL - I stopped reading thread updates from page 18 to 30 ( to avoid spoilers over the last 2 weeks).

Watched this today and really enjoyed it.

Not a classic in the same way PREDATOR & PREDATOR 2 were, and not as intense as PREDATORS, but in the same way that Dark Horse have kept the franchise alive, so will this.

Very VERY well acted, scripted, filmed and paced (even thought the 1st 30mins were a bit slow) - I'm SO glad this was made.

My ranking:
1) Predator 2​
2) Predator​
3) Predators​
4=) Prey​
4=) The Predator (1st hour only due to characterisations)​
6) AVP​
7) AVP-R​

I thought this was a very solid Predator entry. I would say it had my 2nd fav group of characters. Well the main girl, her brother, and dog. Its much better made than Predator 2 but not as cool.

I loved the scenes of the predator hunting wildlife. Just seeing the Predator do his Predator thing with little to no human interaction was very cool and refreshing. The wolf scene reminded me of watching a wildlife Doc.

I thought this was way more intense than Predators. That has to do with the fact that I liked the lead and her brother so much. I don't recall anyting about Predators being intense. It followed the formula of the first film a few too many times to ever be intense. IMO anyways.

My ranking:

1. Predator (duh)
2. Tie - Predator 2 and Prey - Will have to see Prey many more times to see where it lands for good. Will def be 2nd or 3rd though.
3. Predators
4. Getting Covid
5. AVP
6. AVP:R
7. blood in my stool
8. Root Canal
9. Ingrown Toenail removal
10. Prison sex
11. The Predator

. . . I thought this was way more intense than Predators. That has to do with the fact that I liked the lead and her brother so much. I don't recall anyting about Predators being intense . . .

"PREDATORS" - from the opening frames , past the (pre-story-set) traps, through the dog hunt - is TURBO. It subsided in places for the rest of the movie - but its pacing is WAY superior to that in PREY (YMMV).

)
Interesting. I was not a fan of the unmasked look. Loved it with the mask though. It was way better then the 1st AVP movies and The Predator.
This film wasn't woke at all IMO. Naru wasn't better than the boys. She tried to project that she was just as good a hunter as the men because she felt she had to but it was almost all talk. She chastised her brother for almost getting his bowstring wet before soaking her own bow and almost dying because of it. Her brother and some of the other men far outclassed her in direct combat against the creature so she had to find other ways to turn the tide of battle in her favor.
She did get the better of that one guy from her tribe who was supposed to bring her back. He was very skinny, but I am sure he still outweighed her. Thought he should have been able to control her. But not an issue at all for me as I liked her character alot.

Not woke at all. Very good movie. 3.5 out of 5 easy.

"PREDATORS" - from the opening frames , past the (pre-story-set) traps, through the dog hunt - is TURBO. It subsided in places for the rest of the movie - but its pacing is WAY superior to that in PREY (YMMV).

I loved the pacing in Prey. But I was really digging the score and the visuals. The film cold have had no predator and I would have still liked it lol.

I loved the bit where

Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved the bit where

Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah I got a good laugh out of that also.

I loved the pacing in Prey. But I was really digging the score and the visuals. The film cold have had no predator and I would have still liked it lol.

No bud - TOTALLY agree on THAT ! (well - EXCEPT that it needed the wee beastie to make me take attention) :)

Back