Predator 2 Cutting Disk Limited Edtion Prop Replica by HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j97e1

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is pretty much a re-issue of their previous disc, with a different stand.

From HCG:
Hollywood Collectibles Group has accurately recreated the Hero Cutting Disc, or smart weapon as it is sometimes known, accurate to the smallest detail and complete with working electronics! The cutting disc halves pull apart in the middle to "activate it" - just like in the movie. When in this open position the LED's strobe to create the exact same lighting effect as seen in the movie.
This intricately detailed, museum quality piece is constructed from resin, PU and mixed media and then hand painted to the finest detail, with authentic weathering for added realism!
A must have addition to any Predator collection!

Product Features​

• 11.5 x 7.5 x 11.5 inches (29.21cm x 19.05cm x 29.21cm)
  • Made of resin, PU
  • Based on the Predator 2 film
  • LED light up effect
  • Limited to 500 worldwide
PRICE: $799.99

616a887a-601b-4756-94ae-89950e826df1.jpg

0880c8a4-7200-456f-879e-b0c59a324375.jpg

728fc017-2bcb-4513-8816-3a806aca2afd.jpg

411ab114-03d5-4859-95b4-2f96ce0f27e1.jpg

6365389a-469f-4e69-b498-835ae83338c1.jpg

51d8a404-7c7e-4f73-8e34-241087477163.jpg

6110124d-9523-4b00-9738-035aeb9c3e88 (1).jpg

207f49f4-9e5f-4652-9de0-d78d6baa24a3.jpg

000ea0eb-cdb8-479d-aac6-c471fdb50f17.jpg

27c09c85-337a-4eb1-b591-2f3df9bea7c3.jpg

What do you think of it? Do you like the older version with the hand holding it, or the new one with the stand? Looks pretty cool, thought I would ask. The previous version mentions the studio, this version doesn't in its description

What do you think of it? Do you like the older version with the hand holding it, or the new one with the stand? Looks pretty cool, thought I would ask. The previous version mentions the studio, this version doesn't in its description
I have the older version and really like it. The disc itself looks identical, so I'm not getting this one, but both bases are nice. This base looks wider, but not as tall as the hand. If I didn't have it already, I'd definitely get this one. The light effect is awesome and very well executed. In todays market, I think this worth the price tag.

Thanks for the info, just wasn't sure they especially the first 1 with the hand looks totally awesome. I think instead of the base. But still they both look awesome. Did yours come with paperwork since they mention the studio?

I have pre ordered the exclusive on this which comes with a numbered plaque and limited to 150 pieces.

That's a lot of coin for something so relatively small. I think it's cool that it lights up though and the paint app on this prototype looks nice. I've seen some terrible production paint on some HGC pieces though, so if I was ordering this it would only be until it's shipping.

That's a lot of coin for something so relatively small. I think it's cool that it lights up though and the paint app on this prototype looks nice. I've seen some terrible production paint on some HGC pieces though, so if I was ordering this it would only be until it's shipping.
Small?
The disc finger holes are larger than an average human hand. I'm 6'4".

Looks good, but not $800 good.
I was excited until I realized that they already had the molds for this.

The only thing new is the base, and that certainly isn't worth $400. Sure, prices are inflated in today's market, but if SS manages to maintain their PF prices... so can others.

I'd like to own this, but I have to pass.
I just don't see the value.

Looks good, but not $800 good.
I was excited until I realized that they already had the molds for this.

The only thing new is the base, and that certainly isn't worth $400. Sure, prices are inflated in today's market, but if SS manages to maintain their PF prices... so can others.

I'd like to own this, but I have to pass.
I just don't see the value.
How exactly is SS maintaining their PF prices when they have doubled in the last 10 years just like this piece?

$800 is also cheaper than you can get the old version for.

I saw a for sale post on here someone selling the older version for 1200.......Let me ask, because I don't remember, do you guys know what the original cost for them were when they first came out? I am just curious, regardless that's the price for it and even the older version. I like both versions, still up in the air which one to go for....

How exactly is SS maintaining their PF prices when they have doubled in the last 10 years just like this piece?

$800 is also cheaper than you can get the old version for.
Very true. It's not like SS's prices haven't risen either. A 1/4 premium format used to cost $325-400 about 10 years ago. Now, it's not quite doubled, but almost. Plus we pay more for shipping and we have to pay tax now.

There is a caveat of course: I do believe the quality of sculpt and paint is generally much better than the days of the $325 1/4 scale pieces and I am always willing to pay more for something that is better quality, more accurate, and better executed.

However, if this is just a reissue of the same exact piece where the original molds are still used, then I don't see how it can be double the price. Forgive my ignorance though as I do not know of the original at all so I can only go by what has been stated in this thread.

Sideshow pieces are overall not that much better than 10 years ago, and you could argue they are worse. I still have a bunch of the old quality pieces they did back when they cared about making good stuff. I haven't gotten a new SS piece in at least 5 years. It's the other foreign companies have moved well beyond them in terms of quality which is a shame.

As for the disc, it would cost 2-3x or more to make these now than when it was first made, hence the jump. Labor, materials, shipping, license fees, etc.... it's all skyrocketed. Sure they are saving R&D costs and maybe molds, but still not going to be cheap to make. I don't remember what they were originally either, I got mine from the aftermarket.

I say guys - The disc itself is awesome, and you WILL play with it occasionally, so if you like it, just get it. Get the one you can afford, both bases are nice in their own way, so you will be happy with either.
Get it.

Back