Potential Love and Thunder - Thor (promo image)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great IRL version of armored Thor, but it's not my favorite comic look, and not my favorite MCU look. Cool that they went there though.

Another look

FTzbu3gWUAATrII.jpeg

I have to admit that this outfit has grown on me. I like that it has blue in it and I think the cape looks cool. However, it pains me that I HATE the look of the helmet so much, I think it is terrible. Maybe it bothers me so much bk I was really hoping that there would be a helmeted Thor in this movie, but I find the helmet to be gaudy.

Am I being too harsh on the helmet? …

Attachments

• A733C49D-D8D2-4E15-88EC-5AE544F8B048.png
    A733C49D-D8D2-4E15-88EC-5AE544F8B048.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
To me Thor's battle armor that this is based on has always had a bit of a gawdy look. I think the helmet looks right with the armor and as an MCU counterpart for this specific look, but it doesn't look right as a generic Thor helmet.

Attachments

• Thor's_Battle_Armor_from_Thor_Vol_1_378_002.jpg
    Thor's_Battle_Armor_from_Thor_Vol_1_378_002.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 0
To me Thor's battle armor that this is based on has always had a bit of a gawdy look. I think the helmet looks right with the armor and as an MCU counterpart for this specific look, but it doesn't look right as a generic Thor helmet.
Yeah I agree that helmet definitely fits that overall look. Although I was not a fan of that basic look in the comics I don’t have a big problem with the way the outfit has been executed in this movie, but that helmet is over the top for me …just seems excessive, messy, and ugly.

That said I will be getting this figure which means I will have to sell my Dark World Thor or display him in my office at work

I have to admit that this outfit has grown on me. I like that it has blue in it and I think the cape looks cool. However, it pains me that I HATE the look of the helmet so much, I think it is terrible. Maybe it bothers me so much bk I was really hoping that there would be a helmeted Thor in this movie, but I find the helmet to be gaudy.

Am I being to harsh on the helmet? …
I think the helmet is just plain awful. I'm going to pass on these figures and attempt this mod and maybe grab the new head if it's decent:
1654107004992.png

I think the helmet is just plain awful. I'm going to pass on these figures and attempt this mod and maybe grab the new head if it's decent:
View attachment 580511
This was my plan as well until I saw fur collar/Roadworn 2.0 look which I want more now. Though if they don’t end up making that look, I’ll happily go back to this look as my one and only Thor figure

This was my plan as well until I saw fur collar/Roadworn 2.0 look which I want more now. Though if they don’t end up making that look, I’ll happily go back to this look as my one and only Thor figure
I had the same idea but after seeing Jane's look I feel like she really matches with the AOU look more, which I still prefer anyway. I agree that fur collar outfit is the winner of the new stuff.

I will call it now that we won't see a single figure from Love and Thunder go up for preorder until Q4 this year.
I don’t know, we’ve already gotten three from Dr Strange 2. I think you’ll probably see Thor and Jane on release and that’s it until later down the road IMO.

Finally realized what's really bothering me about this new suit. The chest plate ends higher than his actual chest. It kept throwing me off even looking at the real suit in stills.

beast_kingdom-post-2022_06_07_06_00-3~2.jpg

And while NOWHERE NEAR as extreme, it reminds of that Hercules movie with the rock where his chest was bigger than the suit design lmao

BtdaYMuIQAA2uY3.jpg

It's not as noticeable in some shots as it is in others like here for me.
thor__2023-post-2022_05_10_07_37.jpg

His chest looks small and sits too high. A minor qualm in the grand scheme of things but I finally found what kept making it look off to me. The whole midsection of the armor looks a a size too small

Last edited:
Finally realized what's really bothering me about this new suit. The chest plate ends higher than his actual chest. It kept throwing me off even looking at the real suit in stills.

View attachment 581817

And while NO WHERE NEAR as extreme, it reminds of that Hercules movie with the rock where his chest was bigger than the suit design lmao

View attachment 581818

It's not as noticeable in some shots as it is in others like here for me.
View attachment 581825

His chest looks small and sits too high. A minor qualm in the grand scheme of things but I finally found what kept making it look off to me
Oh wow, I had not noticed that …it definitely looks off to me also.

Back