Statue POTA - Caesar (Spear AND gun Versions) Statue by Star Ace Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually interested in getting this statue, but wanted to see if they'd ever make Koba.

Unbelievable they felt that was an acceptable final product.

I just received the gun version today from sideshow. Avoid this version like the plague. The paint is INSANELY BAD, like crazy bad. I will take a photo under photography lights later on but for now (even though the lighting is bad) i took this photo with my cellphone to show just how bad the paint is. It looks like it was painted by a kid at one of those 80s/90s kids birthday party places where you paint a ceramic. I sent the picture to sideshow and they were happy to allow me to return.

To say that its a far cry from the prototype paint job is an understatement to say the least.
View attachment 528665

Wow- that's horrible. Thanks for taking the plunge for us. Glad I didn't order. Is the horse too small also?

So glad I didn't preorder this. The prototypes looked good and I even had a hard time deciding which version I want. I saw a youtube video a couple days ago with the spear and gun version side by side and was shocked how bad they looked but the gun version was even worse.

Yes the horse is too small. I think it is a decent size for 1/6 from what I saw, it might be that Caesar is too big. Overall, even if you got the spear/war paint version in my opinion it is nowhere NEAR what they should be charging for this. It's insane to think the horse alone is $109 which makes Caesar cost a whopping $180 which is criminal. I wouldn't even pay $150 for the whole package. I've seen some abysmal releases for some of these companies over the years but this was just shockingly bad. I find it extremely hard to understand how this was given the okay to move forward to production, let alone thought it was okay to charge over $300 after shipping/tax.

I decided to buy a $15.99 Neca Caesar on amazon to scratch the itch and its hilarious how insanely better it is than this $330.72 collectible after tax and ship.

The only star ace i have is Voldemort and its decent. But after seeing how so many of their releases turned out I was skeptical of purchasing Caesar but I never thought it would turn out this bad. It looks like it was painted by a drunk toddler.

$15.99 Neca Caesar photo taken by me yesterday:
View attachment 528953
Holy smokes! Miles ahead!

I got the gun version too… received it yesterday and it is laughably bad. I spent $500 AUD on this and I feel so awful about it. Thankfully my horse came with a broken defect on the back left hind leg, so I flicked a message to Sugo toys asking for a replacement… but I think I’m just going to get a refund because the spear version isn’t great either. Abysmal.

Back